12-19-2013 03:09 PM
28 12
tools
    I'm not talking about the update itself but the effect it'll have on perspective buyers and the market for future Motorola devices. I know the common consumer doesn't really know or care about OTAs and updates but there's a segment that does take it into consideration and I believe that segment is growing.

One of the big knocks on Motorola in the past has been the lack of support for their phones but this proves that times are a changin'. Over on reddit, Nexus users are super butthurt about the Moto X getting Kit Kat already. I've got a Nexus 7 myself but still find that pretty amusing.
    11-19-2013 11:24 PM
    I was just talking to my dad (fellow moto X owner) about this earlier and I agree. I think people will be reevaluating this sexy little phone now

-Moto X-
    11-19-2013 11:30 PM
    definitely yeah!!! Moto X sold 500k 1 month after release. I am sure they would have sold 1 million alone this 2 week
    11-19-2013 11:33 PM
    I'm not talking about the update itself but the effect it'll have on perspective buyers and the market for future Motorola devices. I know the common consumer doesn't really know or care about OTAs and updates but there's a segment that does take it into consideration and I believe that segment is growing.

One of the big knocks on Motorola in the past has been the lack of support for their phones but this proves that times are a changin'. Over on reddit, Nexus users are super butthurt about the Moto X getting Kit Kat already. I've got a Nexus 7 myself but still find that pretty amusing.
    In the eyes of regular folk, its irrelevant. But still. Its a good sign.this new Moto is making moves.

Posted via Android Central App
    jephanie likes this.
    11-19-2013 11:38 PM
    Moto ftw mate.

Nexus 7-10 and 4 folks are mad pissed cause we got it first.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    bbycrts likes this.
    11-19-2013 11:40 PM
    In the eyes of regular folk, its irrelevant.
    Yea, I mentioned that in the OP but I also think the general population is becoming more tech savvy even if it's incremental. Just think about all the tech sites, blogs and various social media that are out there now.
    11-19-2013 11:43 PM
    This is one of the reason I myself am thinking about making the switch to the Moto X. Currently on an iPhone and ehh. I need some variety. It was fun while it lasted but the Moto X is really calling me. Either that or the Nexus 5. I'll probably go for the Moto X because I like the size as well.
    12-18-2013 07:32 PM
    IMO the game changer is the great screen, perfect size, and speedy software. Samsung and LG are what's wrong with phones and Moto bucked that worsening trend
    benhmadison and Anthony_NE like this.
    12-18-2013 07:39 PM
    After a month with phone, I find the active display to be the greatest differentiator. Brilliant execution.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-18-2013 07:46 PM
    IMO the game changer is the great screen, perfect size, and speedy software. Samsung and LG are what's wrong with phones and Moto bucked that worsening trend
    ??? :what:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    12-18-2013 07:51 PM
    ??? :what:

Just the too big phones with really really bad software on top of android
    12-18-2013 07:54 PM
    Just the too big phones with really really bad software on top of android
    OK.. But that's not ruining phones because a lot of us like big screens and a lot of consumers apparently like the added software. But I won't quibble if you just want to rant.

12-18-2013 07:57 PM
    Well that's why I posted in a moto x thread. And said IMO
    12-18-2013 07:59 PM
    Well that's why I posted in a moto x thread. And said IMO
    Oops, sorry.

12-18-2013 08:37 PM
    This is one of the reason I myself am thinking about making the switch to the Moto X. Currently on an iPhone and ehh. I need some variety. It was fun while it lasted but the Moto X is really calling me. Either that or the Nexus 5. I'll probably go for the Moto X because I like the size as well.
    I owned the OG Droid, HTC Incredible, GNex, iPhone 4/4s/5/5s, and my Moto X arrived on Tuesday. I think its a fantastic phone. Obviously the camera isnt as good as the iphone and IMO its not as smooth but the features it offers outweighs that IMO. Love the phone and its gonna be a tough fight between the MX and 5s to see which one goes in my pocket!
    12-19-2013 11:36 AM
    I think the always listening features are a great selling point, but my verizon store reps didn't speak about them when I went to look at phones. I especially like find my phone!
    12-19-2013 11:49 AM
    over the past one month there has been an increase in activity in Moto X forum

lot of new users posting opinions about Moto X and asking help..

the $350 deal def pulled many in to the Moto X bandwagon
    Ry likes this.
    12-19-2013 11:55 AM
    over the past one month there has been an increase in activity in Moto X forum

lot of new users posting opinions about Moto X and asking help..

the $350 deal def pulled many in to the Moto X bandwagon
    Not just that, but also all the good coverage, too, like Android Central calling it the best Android phone right now and the quick update to Kit Kat.
    still1 likes this.
    12-19-2013 12:10 PM
    And a top notch contract phone for a penny did not hurt! Then there is MotoMaker!

Chris
    12-19-2013 12:24 PM
    I owned the OG Droid, HTC Incredible, GNex, iPhone 4/4s/5/5s, and my Moto X arrived on Tuesday. I think its a fantastic phone. Obviously the camera isnt as good as the iphone and IMO its not as smooth but the features it offers outweighs that IMO. Love the phone and its gonna be a tough fight between the MX and 5s to see which one goes in my pocket!
    The camera has been one of my deciding factors. I love taking pictures and I haven't found a phone that has as good of a camera as the iPhone does. I heard that with the 4.4 update to the Moto X, there was a camera update. Anyone know how much better it actually is?
    12-19-2013 12:56 PM
    The camera has been one of my deciding factors. I love taking pictures and I haven't found a phone that has as good of a camera as the iPhone does. I heard that with the 4.4 update to the Moto X, there was a camera update. Anyone know how much better it actually is?
    The Moto X camera isn't as good as the Nexus 5 camera which got the camera software updates in 4.4.1 and 4.4.2. Users say there's a lot of noise in Moto X photos.

12-19-2013 01:03 PM
    Not just that, but also all the good coverage, too, like Android Central calling it the best Android phone right now and the quick update to Kit Kat.
    Arstechnica named it their best Android phone as well.
    12-19-2013 01:12 PM
    Honestly if camera is a big factor, don't get it, you will be dissappointed. The iPhone camera is fantastic. The Moto X is mediocre at best. I like both phones for different reasons:

iPhone I like the overall smoothness (running 7.1 Beta 2), the speed, the camera, the quality of apps and the consistancy.

Moto X I like the customization, the active display, Moto Assist (didnt think I would use it but its pretty nice when driving), Swiftkey (favorite feature by far).
    12-19-2013 01:24 PM
    The Moto X camera isn't as good as the Nexus 5 camera which got the camera software updates in 4.4.1 and 4.4.2. Users say there's a lot of noise in Moto X photos.

Thats the beauty of android as compared to iOS. You can use whatever camera app you'd like. And theres some solid third party options available. I'm finding Camera Awesome to be the best alternative. Better white balance and noise levels in low light photos. Allows for adjustment of iso and exposure levels. AND gives you the ability to separate focus and exposure which is super helpful in difficult lighting. Some phones running Camera Awesome have HDR but the moto x hasnt gotten it yet. Once they add that and change the resolution of the viewfinder it'll be the only camera app you need.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-19-2013 01:52 PM
    Honestly if camera is a big factor, don't get it, you will be dissappointed. The iPhone camera is fantastic. The Moto X is mediocre at best. I like both phones for different reasons:

iPhone I like the overall smoothness (running 7.1 Beta 2), the speed, the camera, the quality of apps and the consistancy.

Moto X I like the customization, the active display, Moto Assist (didnt think I would use it but its pretty nice when driving), Swiftkey (favorite feature by far).
    I knew that by getting the Moto X, I would sacrifice camera quality for sure. It is one of my deciding factors but not my only. I do enjoy taking pictures and editing them with apps like Snapseed, but just for fun.

You and I have the same likes for the iPhone. I think I'm just due for a change. I've heard a lot of good things about the Moto X. Active Display really intrigues me, as does Moto Assist. Another thing about the X is the size and comfortability. I'm not into the 5 inch plus screens that are out today. I've held the X and my iPhone side by side, and I can honestly say that I like the Moto X better in the hands than the iPhone. Haven't used swiftkey very much, but I could see to how people like it.
    12-19-2013 02:28 PM
28 12