Pink Hue

Ckhb

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Just received my phone today coming from a Galaxy nexus and I like it so far. Only problem I am having is after the 4.4 update I am noticing a pink hue to the screen so I was wondering how common this it? When I put my nexus and X together I noticed my nexus has a blue hue so maybe I just need to get used to this screen or is it worth replacing? It's not terrible but just different I guess. Anyways thanks in advance.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The screen temperature on AMOLED's definitely various from model to model. I know what you mean about a side by side comparison. I'd put the GNex away and give it a few days and see if you start to notice it less. Do you notice it all the time, or only when your screen brightness is dim? If it's the later, it's surprisingly common. I had the same feeling when I went from my SGS1 to my GNex. I thought they were very different, but I also thought the GNex's whites were whiter. Then I stuck it next to an SGS3 and decided that it was more blue than white.

You're right, it can take some getting used to. Or, if you're like me, that stuff will drive you crazy! ;)

Ckhb

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Think I'm already getting used to it. I see the hue more pronounced in low light but my eyes can sort of always pick it up. The nexus I thought was pretty right on colorwise but it definitely is blue after looking at it so I guess now I just need to adapt to. Just wanted to see what others thought.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Steve-x

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I've got two Moto X's, one screen could be described as slightly pink as you describe, the second has absolutely no pink at all. The screens do vary so if you're unhappy you could try having it replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech