Moto will finance your new Moto X for free now?

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
The only bad thing is you'll still pay the same for service, except on T-Mobile.

Posted via Android Central App

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
It is a good option for those who want to go the prepaid route but cannot afford the off contract purchase price.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
It is a good option for those who want to go the prepaid route but cannot afford the off contract purchase price.

The Moto X is an option on Republic Wireless, $299.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sad this didn't come out before I bought my moto x off swappa on Monday. I absolutely would have done this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Moto X is an option on Republic Wireless, $299.

Republic Wireless is great for some, but not for everyone. Being on Sprint's network when I'm away from WiFi is a complete deal breaker for me. Their 3G is painfully slow and they have a tiny LTE network.

This. Before this, your options if you didn't want to lay down that kinda cash up front were t-mobile or post paid.
The only bad thing is you'll still pay the same for service, except on T-Mobile.

It enables you to use it on a prepaid carrier though. You could take it to Aio or Straight Talk. That is how you save money on the big networks when you buy your phone outright.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
They had to do something. Prices on eBay for a new Moto X are around the $299-$350 price point and many are selling for even less. It's one of the least expensive higher end new phones out there.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
They had to do something. Prices on eBay for a new Moto X are around the $299-$350 price point and many are selling for even less. It's one of the least expensive higher end new phones out there.

Where are you seeing this? Most of the mint ones are still selling for well over $350 and many over $400 on Ebay. New ones are ALL over $400.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Regular retail price dropped to. Probably affected resale.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Where are you seeing this? Most of the mint ones are still selling for well over $350 and many over $400 on Ebay. New ones are ALL over $400.

There are tons of them at the ASKING PRICE of $350-$400 but those don't sell. Some sellers hope they get lucky and are asking for $400 for phones with a bad esn but that doesn't mean anyone actually buys them. You can bring up a list of "recently sold" Moto X somewhere on the "sell" page of eBay. I just bought a new-in -sealed-box Moto X for $299. It was the last of 10 the guy had at that price. I've been keeping on eye on Moto X auctions for a couple of weeks now and the lowest "new in box" I saw went for $289 (I'm sorry I didn't bid). Some auctions of slightly used Moto X go for less.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
There are tons of them at the ASKING PRICE of $350-$400 but those don't sell. Some sellers hope they get lucky and are asking for $400 for phones with a bad esn but that doesn't mean anyone actually buys them. You can bring up a list of "recently sold" Moto X somewhere on the "sell" page of eBay. I just bought a new-in -sealed-box Moto X for $299. It was the last of 10 the guy had at that price. I've been keeping on eye on Moto X auctions for a couple of weeks now and the lowest "new in box" I saw went for $289 (I'm sorry I didn't bid). Some auctions of slightly used Moto X go for less.

You must be talking about the Sprint version, which I see are kinda low for the poor suckers stuck on Sprint. :) My guess is that the Republic Wireless deal on the phone may be driving the Sprint version down in price... if you can live with Sprint's crappy network, you might as well get that great deal they have there.

All the AT&T versions are over $400 for new, and actually regularly selling for that price. Looks like the low is about $425 as of today. The rare 32GB GSM versions on Ebay are significantly higher than that.

VAYinzer

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

Good tip. I just checked out eBay and there are a lot of Moto X phones there going from $300-$550. The ones that sold for sub $300 seemed to have bad ESNs. Still there are plenty of options in the mid $300 range. Some even stating they are brand new.

Never bought a used or like new cell phone. Any issues out there to be concerned with??

Thanks.

VAYinzer

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
You must be talking about the Sprint version, which I see are kinda low for the poor suckers stuck on Sprint. :) My guess is that the Republic Wireless deal on the phone may be driving the Sprint version down in price... if you can live with Sprint's crappy network, you might as well get that great deal they have there.

All the AT&T versions are over $400 for new, and actually regularly selling for that price. Looks like the low is about $425 as of today. The rare 32GB GSM versions on Ebay are significantly higher than that.

Agree....the cheaper ones seem to be on US Cellular or Sprint.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Good tip. I just checked out eBay and there are a lot of Moto X phones there going from $300-$550. The ones that sold for sub $300 seemed to have bad ESNs. Still there are plenty of options in the mid $300 range. Some even stating they are brand new.

Never bought a used or like new cell phone. Any issues out there to be concerned with??

Thanks.

The one I bought for $299 was on Sprint. I haven't checked the prices of other carriers phones. When buying a phone on eBay I always make double sure that the esn is clear. Even if the phone is "new in box", it doesn't mean it can't be stolen or be linked to a bad account. I also feel more comfortable when buying from someone that allows returns in case of something like a bad esn but not all sellers allow returns on something like cell phones. Also, check out the sellers feedback. If there is a lot of negative feedback due to the items not being in the described condition or if the seller seems to blame all negative feedback on the buyers, I skip the low priced item and pay a little more from someone a bit more stable. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool