Anyone have an issue, when purchasing Moto Maker card at BB, adding GSP?
    They had to call AT&T to activate card and add line since it wouldn't do it in thier system. Now they can't find a way to add GSP which is the reason I'm buying from there.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-20-2013 07:15 PM
    Haven't had to activate this in my store yet due to lack of AT&T in our market. Verizon just got it so we should see it soon. No idea why they wouldn't be able to add the GSP SKU though. Probably because those custom phones cant always be used for parts?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-20-2013 07:26 PM
    Uhh my store doesn't sell the custom cards.. How'd you get it?

sent from my MOTO X using the android central app | Adv Repair Agent-geek squad
    11-20-2013 07:28 PM
    In BB now. They said they can't add it because it's a custom phone and they wouldn't be able to replace it with a custom phone.

11-20-2013 07:38 PM
    Due to my recent bad experience with a Moto Maker card at Best Buy I say forget them. Buy the Motorola plan. Its cheaper ($85 vs. $240) and only has a $35 deductable. Even if you use all three allowed incedents, you're only at $190 vs the $240 you'd pay Best Buy over two years. At least your store knew they couldn't activate it and had you call AT&T. My store just didn't activate it and caused me 5 days of headaches.
    benhmadison likes this.
    11-20-2013 08:19 PM
    However it rang up for $99 so with my $5 reward certificate I got the 32gb for $100. The one I purchased in AT&T is going back. I saved $60

11-20-2013 09:19 PM
    Haven't had to activate this in my store yet due to lack of AT&T in our market. Verizon just got it so we should see it soon. No idea why they wouldn't be able to add the GSP SKU though. Probably because those custom phones cant always be used for parts?

I had an issue on Saturday with BB and trying to purchase two Motomaker cards (AT&T). Sales associate spent about 45 minutes trying to figure out why there was no charge in the system with my upgrade. Finally after a long hold on the phone he was told it was a known issue and that if I used the card on Motomaker it wouldn't go through. Saved me the hassle of having problems later but damn that wait was long.

Maybe for the better, though. Really wanted a 32gb, and now that may be a possibility, from what I read here?
    11-20-2013 11:22 PM
    I had an issue on Saturday with BB and trying to purchase two Motomaker cards (AT&T). Sales associate spent about 45 minutes trying to figure out why there was no charge in the system with my upgrade. Finally after a long hold on the phone he was told it was a known issue and that if I used the card on Motomaker it wouldn't go through. Saved me the hassle of having problems later but damn that wait was long.

Maybe for the better, though. Really wanted a 32gb, and now that may be a possibility, from what I read here?
    The Best Buy I went to had 32 GB cards. Also, they have the issue sorted out. My finished Moto X has been sitting in their factory for 5 days (9days since I ordered) waiting for the Best Buy issue to be resolved. I got a call today that they got it resolved and they are activating and shipping the backlog of phones today and tomorrow.
    scrounger likes this.
    11-20-2013 11:27 PM
    The Best Buy I went to had 32 GB cards. Also, they have the issue sorted out. My finished Moto X has been sitting in their factory for 5 days (9days since I ordered) waiting for the Best Buy issue to be resolved. I got a call today that they got it resolved and they are activating and shipping the backlog of phones today and tomorrow.
    And I ended up with my Best Buy Moto X in activation hell too. They told me this today when I was called for something else.

11-23-2013 06:06 PM
    And I ended up with my Best Buy Moto X in activation hell too. They told me this today when I was called for something else.

In the end, they canceled mine and I had to repurchase it. I just reordered it yesterday. I went directly through Motorola this time even though it cost me an extra $70 ($50 cheaper at Best Buy and I had $20 in reward zone). I got a free $60 accessory of my choice for free though (I went with the JAX earbuds to match my phone).
    11-23-2013 06:13 PM
    In the end, they canceled mine and I had to repurchase it. I just reordered it yesterday. I went directly through Motorola this time even though it cost me an extra $70 ($50 cheaper at Best Buy and I had $20 in reward zone). I got a free $60 accessory of my choice for free though (I went with the JAX earbuds to match my phone).
    I'll see what they do. I'll give them a chance to fix it quickly.

11-23-2013 06:21 PM
    The Geek Squad protection is a complete rip off. Go with the Motorola protection plan.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    ShoelerDroid likes this.
    11-23-2013 06:27 PM
    I'll see what they do. I'll give them a chance to fix it quickly.

Oh, it wasn't my choice to cancel it. In the end, Motorola told me that Best Buy had messed selling me the card so badly that the only was to fix it was to cancel my order, Best Buy give me a refund, and re-order the phone.
    11-23-2013 06:27 PM
    Oh, it wasn't my choice to cancel it. In the end, Motorola told me that Best Buy had messed selling me the card so badly that the only was to fix it was to cancel my order, Best Buy give me a refund, and re-order the phone.
    Wow

11-23-2013 06:50 PM
    And they canceled mine as well. I have to wait for them to call me in the morning. I'll also be talking to best buy. I'm quite pissed.

11-25-2013 11:04 PM
    I'm interested in getting the phone (Verizon, 32GB) from BB because I have a $50 gift card. Do you know if BB participates in the Motorola Trade-up Program? I have a Motorola Admiral I would like to trade.

Thanks!
    11-26-2013 08:10 AM
    I'm interested in getting the phone (Verizon, 32GB) from BB because I have a $50 gift card. Do you know if BB participates in the Motorola Trade-up Program? I have a Motorola Admiral I would like to trade.

Thanks!
    I'm not sure. You'd have to ask them or Motorola

11-26-2013 08:13 AM
    And they canceled mine as well. I have to wait for them to call me in the morning. I'll also be talking to best buy. I'm quite pissed.

Yeah, apparently Best Buy isn't taking all the information they should when they are selling the cards so Motorola can't activate them. I reordered straight through Moto Maker even though it cost me an extra $70. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow.
    11-26-2013 08:18 AM
    I'm not sure. You'd have to ask them or Motorola
    I will, I was hoping the BB guy will chime in or somebody else may have tried.
    11-26-2013 09:15 AM
    I got the DE and the Moto protection plan just because I don't do cases. It's not a bad deal, especially since it extends the warranty another year in addition to the accident protection.

11-26-2013 09:28 AM

Thanks!
    BB is not involved. You send Motorola proof of purchase & the phone to trade and they send you the money. I believe there is a form to go with it.

11-26-2013 09:46 AM
    Yeah, apparently Best Buy isn't taking all the information they should when they are selling the cards so Motorola can't activate them. I reordered straight through Moto Maker even though it cost me an extra $70. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow.
    Similar situation. Bought the 32gb card at BB, ordered through Motomaker, and it hasn't shipped yet though estimated delivery was today. Called Moto yesterday and was told that the phone was done but were waiting for AT&T to activate the phone and that was the hang up. Wondering if this is the same problem- BB not filling out all the proper paperwork. Moto supposed to get back to me today.

Wife is not happy. Wanted to play with her new phone on the long holiday drive tomorrow. Sure I'll hear about that once or twice over the five hour drive (teasingly, she's good but disappointed).
    11-26-2013 11:10 AM
    Similar situation. Bought the 32gb card at BB, ordered through Motomaker, and it hasn't shipped yet though estimated delivery was today. Called Moto yesterday and was told that the phone was done but were waiting for AT&T to activate the phone and that was the hang up. Wondering if this is the same problem- BB not filling out all the proper paperwork. Moto supposed to get back to me today.

Wife is not happy. Wanted to play with her new phone on the long holiday drive tomorrow. Sure I'll hear about that once or twice over the five hour drive (teasingly, she's good but disappointed).
    If they did your paperwork properly to activate the phone and libe then you should have had something out with instructions. If you did not get the front house then they did something wrong and you will have to get them to issue another card. Then once you place your order again on moto maker you should be able to call back talk to them and have them expedite the order. Hopefully they can deliver it by 10:30 a.m. Tomorrow.

11-26-2013 11:28 AM
    I'm stoked to hear that people are getting the 32 GB moto-maker cards from BB! I have their $50 gift card and was told they didn't sell them.

11-27-2013 10:39 PM
    I'm stoked to hear that people are getting the 32 GB moto-maker cards from BB! I have their $50 gift card and was told they didn't sell them.

Just be careful and make sure they process it properly.

11-28-2013 03:54 AM