Battery seems better

vitoonto

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The battery life seems to be improved. I usually I have anywhere from 30-40% when I get home from work. Today I was at 72% when I got home. Phone gets unplugged at 7am and I get home around 6pm. I know it's only been a day, but I'm very happy with it so far. Now if only my nexus 7 would get some kit Kat love.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't have kitkat yet but I am getting way better battery life since the Google search update. I'm hoping once kitkat flows that the battery life will be even better

Posted via Android Central App

GNexROC

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Got the Kitkat update yesterday. Unplugged my phone at 7:30am this morning checked the weather, news, FB, etc for a bit then went to work. At work I sent a lot of texts, did some browsing, played around with new wallpapers, all in a low signal environment. Came home read a bunch of news, played around on tapatalk, Facebook etc. Hours of screen on time. Its now 9:45 and I have 45% battery left. I would have had to charge my Gnex literally 3 times to get the same use. Awesome.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
My first full day with the moto x. Got it last night and had kitkat downloading when I turned it on so I never used me prior to kitkat. Unplugged at 7am now 10pm and at 22%. My Gnex would have gotten charged 3times by now like someone else said. Loving this!!!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

FreakSquadJK

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
What are your sync and location settings?

I'm coming from a Droid RAZR MAXX HD, so I'm probably overreacting, but I have all sync and location things enabled with Touchdown for Exchange also pushing, and I'm at 64% after 4.5 hours total, 1 hr screen time, on 4G / no Wi-Fi for most... seems low compared to what I'm hearing from others, and seems a bit worse since the update?

(I'm really hoping I don't need to do a factory reset)

Thanks,

Posted via Android Central App

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'd say I'm getting roughly a 15-20% increase in battery life since the update. A lot of that can be attributed to the memory optimization in 4.4, but the whole experience is a little faster now overall. Very impressed with not only the new update, but with Moto and Verizon for doing it so quickly. If you were on the fence between the Nexus 5 and the Moto X before with price being no obstacle, 4.4 puts the Moto X squarely in the driver's seat.