12-12-2013 05:56 PM
54 123
tools
    I went to the vending machines at my job. I tap on the machine and Google wallet comes up but when it is trying to authorize it always says that it isn't available. I used the machines with my galaxy nexus before with no problem but it won't work now. It's crazy because now these machines are advertising for Isis. Any thing I may be doing wrong?

Posted via Android Central App
    I have always had the app open when tapping but you have had success in the past. Does I show your moto x as a device on the Goole wallet website from a computer?

Sent from my Moto X!
    11-22-2013 10:53 PM
    Is tap to pay carrier dependent?

11-23-2013 06:35 AM
    Is tap to pay carrier dependent?

Not with kitkat

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    iharley likes this.
    11-23-2013 06:37 AM
    I went to the vending machines at my job. I tap on the machine and Google wallet comes up but when it is trying to authorize it always says that it isn't available. I used the machines with my galaxy nexus before with no problem but it won't work now. It's crazy because now these machines are advertising for Isis. Any thing I may be doing wrong?

yeah i saw that ad for isis on all vending machine.

i would try to open the app, login and then tap.
    11-23-2013 08:49 AM
    I have always had the app open when tapping but you have had success in the past. Does I show your moto x as a device on the Goole wallet website from a computer?

Sent from my Moto X!
    I went to the google wallet website and verified my identity. I also deleted all of the other devices that it showed that had google wallet authorized. I will try again later today to see if that solved the issue.
    11-23-2013 12:15 PM
    Used my Moto x at McDonalds with the kids today. Was hesitant and felt a little silly when I put my phone to the pad. Then I heard the reassuring BEEP and I was all chest high at that point. Lol !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    asdrew likes this.
    11-23-2013 02:02 PM
    I went to the google wallet website and verified my identity. I also deleted all of the other devices that it showed that had google wallet authorized. I will try again later today to see if that solved the issue.
    It takes a few days for them to verify your identity .I think they will shoot you an email when its been approved .Once approved it should work.
    11-23-2013 02:07 PM
    They also recently changed my vending machines to say ISIS. I am getting a failed to authorize error. Wonder if it is ISIS that is breaking functionality.
    11-23-2013 02:28 PM
    They also recently changed my vending machines to say ISIS. I am getting a failed to authorize error. Wonder if it is ISIS that is breaking functionality.
    Should not. They use the same terminals. I have used ISIS terminals in Austin with Google Wallet. You will have to try an alternate location to know if it is the machine or your Google Wallet.
    11-23-2013 02:33 PM
    There's a few vending machines at work that support ISIS. I'll try them out on Monday.

11-23-2013 02:40 PM
    It takes a few days for them to verify your identity .I think they will shoot you an email when its been approved .Once approved it should work.
    So you got an approval email before Google wallet worked for you?

11-23-2013 03:08 PM

No sure what that is about. Especially since you have used it before and your wallet was active. Mine worked immediately.

Sent from my Moto X!
    11-23-2013 03:52 PM

Still waiting although been in contact with Google.
    Already had a trouble ticket .When wallet updated I could see the link where it showed click here for help.
    I did do that indentity thing and got an immediate confirmation.
    Also reported it to the bug report people and they confirmed they were working on it. I expect it before Wed. tho.

sent from Moto X
    11-23-2013 05:12 PM
    No sure what that is about. Especially since you have used it before and your wallet was active. Mine worked immediately.

Sent from my Moto X!
    I have been using Google Wallet awhile.I havent used it since around April or May.

sent from Moto X
    11-23-2013 05:30 PM
    Saw a vending machine with pay pass terminal today and tried and it did the ISIS thing. Said it could not be authorized. I hope these terminal are not going to be an either or thing? First time I have seen a pay pass terminal refuse Google wallet. I have used GW quite a bit.

Sent from my Moto X!
    11-25-2013 11:43 AM
    Saw a vending machine with pay pass terminal today and tried and it did the ISIS thing. Said it could not be authorized. I hope these terminal are not going to be an either or thing? First time I have seen a pay pass terminal refuse Google wallet. I have used GW quite a bit.

Sent from my Moto X!
    I would hope either would work .There are some around here with the Google Wallet Logo and some with just the typical pay pass.I saw someone use ISIS on a typical pay pass terminal(no ISIS logo on ).I know alot of places around here you can use Google Wallet since I have before.Im not sure of ISIS.
    11-25-2013 12:08 PM

Sent from my Moto X!
    I tried it here at work on the ISIS vending machines too. Same thing - could not be authorized. Pay Pass and ISIS are probably not interoperable.
    11-25-2013 01:50 PM
    They have been in the past. I have used terminals in Austin which take ISIS or Google Wallet with my Nexus.

I have not really used the vending machines before but after reading about the issues decided to try it today and got the error.

Hopefully they allow both to be used on the terminals and the best (GW) will prevail!

Sent from my Moto X!
    11-25-2013 02:07 PM
    They have been in the past. I have used terminals in Austin which take ISIS or Google Wallet with my Nexus.

I have not really used the vending machines before but after reading about the issues decided to try it today and got the error.

Hopefully they allow both to be used on the terminals and the best (GW) will pr

Sent from my Moto X!
    When it worked in the past did they say ISIS? or just work with ISIS? That is two different things. My google wallet worked with these before the readout said ISIS. They DO NOT now despite saying paypass on the HW and showing ALL credit card logos.
    11-25-2013 02:13 PM
    When it worked in the past did they say ISIS? or just work with ISIS? That is two different things. My google wallet worked with these before the readout said ISIS. They DO NOT now despite saying paypass on the HW and showing ALL credit card logos.
    i think the ISIS terminal probably wont work at all. Verizon/ATT/T-Mobile the culprit??
    11-25-2013 02:17 PM
    Yes. Specifically at the whole foods in Austin. (Austin was a test market for ISIS). I think they took all including ISIS, not just ISIS. I used Google wallet there several times. It was before the rollout of ISIS so I wonder if they have changed? I used GW at my Plano whole foods yesterday so I know it still works there but no ISIS logos where I live.

Maybe ISIS is cornering the vending machine business for NFC payments lol!

Sent from my Moto X!
    11-25-2013 03:51 PM
    Exact thing happened to me yesterday. Vending machines at the outlet mall accept NFC, so I wanted to test my wife's AT&T MotoX. No go. Smuggly, I tried mine (which had worked before with the GNex on Verizon), to no avail. We left empty-handed. Mine had worked just fine at McD's two days previous.

TJH
    11-25-2013 04:43 PM
    I used GW on a small purchase at RiteAid today. Didn't work at first, and the clerk is like "what are you doing?!", but then I realized I probably needed to unlock the phone first before tapping, and that did the trick. I didn't actually tap, just held the phone (in a case) about a centimeter from the PayPass scanner. I got a rewarding little beep, the GW app opened up and prompted me for my PIN, then it said to tap again to complete the transaction, clerk handed me a receipt. Super easy now that I know how to do it. I don't go in the RiteAid very often, but this was worth it just to try it out. The clerk had never seen anyone pay that way before.
    asdrew likes this.
    11-25-2013 04:45 PM
    ISIS is a specific standard that is being pushed by carriers... And for some reason coca cola. Pretty sure it won't work with G Wallet. In fact, it's the entire point, unfortunately.
    Correct me if I'm wrong
    11-25-2013 07:31 PM
    I used GW on a small purchase at RiteAid today. Didn't work at first, and the clerk is like "what are you doing?!", but then I realized I probably needed to unlock the phone first before tapping, and that did the trick. I didn't actually tap, just held the phone (in a case) about a centimeter from the PayPass scanner. I got a rewarding little beep, the GW app opened up and prompted me for my PIN, then it said to tap again to complete the transaction, clerk handed me a receipt. Super easy now that I know how to do it. I don't go in the RiteAid very often, but this was worth it just to try it out. The clerk had never seen anyone pay that way before.
    here is what i do for tap and pay. before I pay i unlock device and open wallet.
    now its just one tap, and it goes from "what are you doing?!" to "wow, I have never seen anyone do that"
    tr-1 and readhpr like this.
    11-25-2013 07:37 PM
54 123