Moto X - Google wallet update adds tap and pay to Moto X

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks one more for ya. Do you have to select credit and then use the device or it will automatically pick up?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Works with a case just fine. I use several card including a debit and have always asked them to run as credit so I have never had to enter a PIN for the transaction.

If you have more than one card stores, you just open the app and tap to select a default card.

Sent from my Moto X!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
since tap and pay is enabled what is it that you can't get it to work??

I went to the vending machines at my job. I tap on the machine and Google wallet comes up but when it is trying to authorize it always says that it isn't available. I used the machines with my galaxy nexus before with no problem but it won't work now. It's crazy because now these machines are advertising for Isis. Any thing I may be doing wrong?

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I went to the vending machines at my job. I tap on the machine and Google wallet comes up but when it is trying to authorize it always says that it isn't available. I used the machines with my galaxy nexus before with no problem but it won't work now. It's crazy because now these machines are advertising for Isis. Any thing I may be doing wrong?

I have always had the app open when tapping but you have had success in the past. Does I show your moto x as a device on the Goole wallet website from a computer?

Sent from my Moto X!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

yeah i saw that ad for isis on all vending machine.

i would try to open the app, login and then tap.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have always had the app open when tapping but you have had success in the past. Does I show your moto x as a device on the Goole wallet website from a computer?

Sent from my Moto X!

I went to the google wallet website and verified my identity. I also deleted all of the other devices that it showed that had google wallet authorized. I will try again later today to see if that solved the issue.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Used my Moto x at McDonalds with the kids today. Was hesitant and felt a little silly when I put my phone to the pad. Then I heard the reassuring BEEP and I was all chest high at that point. Lol !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I went to the google wallet website and verified my identity. I also deleted all of the other devices that it showed that had google wallet authorized. I will try again later today to see if that solved the issue.

It takes a few days for them to verify your identity .I think they will shoot you an email when its been approved .Once approved it should work.

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
They also recently changed my vending machines to say ISIS. I am getting a failed to authorize error. Wonder if it is ISIS that is breaking functionality.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
They also recently changed my vending machines to say ISIS. I am getting a failed to authorize error. Wonder if it is ISIS that is breaking functionality.

Should not. They use the same terminals. I have used ISIS terminals in Austin with Google Wallet. You will have to try an alternate location to know if it is the machine or your Google Wallet.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
There's a few vending machines at work that support ISIS. I'll try them out on Monday.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It takes a few days for them to verify your identity .I think they will shoot you an email when its been approved .Once approved it should work.

So you got an approval email before Google wallet worked for you?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

No sure what that is about. Especially since you have used it before and your wallet was active. Mine worked immediately.

Sent from my Moto X!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Still waiting although been in contact with Google.
Already had a trouble ticket .When wallet updated I could see the link where it showed click here for help.
I did do that indentity thing and got an immediate confirmation.
Also reported it to the bug report people and they confirmed they were working on it. I expect it before Wed. tho.

sent from Moto X

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No sure what that is about. Especially since you have used it before and your wallet was active. Mine worked immediately.

Sent from my Moto X!

I have been using Google Wallet awhile.I havent used it since around April or May.

sent from Moto X

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Saw a vending machine with pay pass terminal today and tried and it did the ISIS thing. Said it could not be authorized. I hope these terminal are not going to be an either or thing? First time I have seen a pay pass terminal refuse Google wallet. I have used GW quite a bit.

Sent from my Moto X!