Just got new Moto X - Should I wait for 4.4 to settle out to activate?

FrankA1

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Fantastic that KitKat rolled out so fast, (especially for Verizon), here's my question to you knowledgeable ones:

I ordered 2 new Moto X's and Fed-X just delivered the phones, not activated yet.

I've seen the 4.4 posts re: some having features knocked out etc (some of which have good explanations) but others were needing factory re-sets; should I wait a few days for Verizon's 4.4 OTA to bug-fix a bit?

Any advice on new activation and hitting the 4.4 update would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am somewhat new to Android. With that said, I have read a lot and I am going to be waiting a week or so after everyone gets the update before I update. I am in no rush, the phone is awesome :)

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Fantastic that KitKat rolled out so fast, (especially for Verizon), here's my question to you knowledgeable ones:

I ordered 2 new Moto X's and Fed-X just delivered the phones, not activated yet.

I've seen the 4.4 posts re: some having features knocked out etc (some of which have good explanations) but others were needing factory re-sets; should I wait a few days for Verizon's 4.4 OTA to bug-fix a bit?

Any advice on new activation and hitting the 4.4 update would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Just update. Then do factory reset cache wipe. Most the people doing that aren't having problems

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

here is the main reason why some people have issues... they have been using the X for few months and it create some data on ur phone.
now when u update, the new software might have problems with the old data causing some minor issue.
This is why a factory reset always solve most problem since u r wiping all the old data.

so my advice would be to update even before entering your gmail id in to it. I guarantee that u will have the least problems after doing this

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
To address the question posed in the title, no you should not wait to activate your phones. If you get the update prompt, you can choose not to update. Not wanting to update to 4.4 right away and activating your phones are not connected.

GNexROC

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I've also had zero issues after the update. While a few people have had legit issues as always happens after any update most of the 'issues' are people just not knowing the changes made in KitKat or looking for nexus only features. If you're getting a new phone it will either come with KitKat or update immediately and I seriously doubt you'll have any issues. You always see threads by the 5 people with issues needing help. Not by the 500,000 people who have none.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My new Moto X arrived Tuesday. Before I activated it, I connected it up to wifi and downloaded the update, installed it, did a full factory reset and then proceeded to fully activate the phone. I have no problems with the phone and have had none of the issues being discussed. I'd just get it done and start using this sweet phone!

Actually, anytime I update a phone to a new version of android (ICS, JB, KK) I've made it a habit of just doing a factory reset. It might be a hassle but you guarantee to work out most of the quirks.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
No issues what so ever ..in fact they are legitimate improvements in camera. assist and connect got updated today on playstore which fixed the issues with hangouts, also you can update the apps only if you have kitkat on your phone ..so I would recommend to take the update ..

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11