AT&T soak

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
And then proceeded to send it out to everyone because NDA had been broken.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm ignorant abou soak tests, but I just got a message from att to participate. Is there any down side? I'd like to do it but not if it has any pain in the a$$ potential :cool:

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm ignorant abou soak tests, but I just got a message from att to participate. Is there any down side? I'd like to do it but not if it has any pain in the a$$ potential :cool:

You are agreeing to be their public beta. They've done a lot of testing already, so you aren't likely to have any major bugs, but some bugs are bound to show up once 50,000 people get the update that hadnt shown up in internal testing. The risk of serious failure is very low (which is different than 0), but it is still technically beta testing their release candidate.

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I would check that email. AT&T is the carrier, but Motorola builds the software and runs the tests. If the email is not from Motorola, it could be a scam.

Frankump

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I hope everybody realizes that Soak Tests are suppose to be confidential and that talking about participating in them in a public forum could jeopardize your involvement in them.

Frankump

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
You are agreeing to be their public beta. They've done a lot of testing already, so you aren't likely to have any major bugs, but some bugs are bound to show up once 50,000 people get the update that hadnt shown up in internal testing. The risk of serious failure is very low (which is different than 0), but it is still technically beta testing their release candidate.

Also, if you do happen to participate in a Soak Test you should realize that you are not suppose to discuss it on a public forum. A private forum will be set up for test participants. Talking about it on a public forum could jeopardize your participation.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
KitKat (4.4) is has been officially realeased/rolled-out for Verizon, T-Mobile and both of the Developer Editions. A soak test will start soon for ATT. Within the U.S. that will leave Sprint, US Cellular and Republic(?). I don't know the roll-outs for Canadian customers.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Good. Hopefully the ATT release of 4.4 will have less issues due to not being first, although from what I understand the Verizon rollout and I suppose the T Mobile is also being rolled out with minimal, if any issues.