Driver Assist - not reading text

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have it set to read me text and auto response. It does put me into drive mode when I am driving. However it doesnot read me any text messages I get or respond with the auto response.

anything ideas? I have made sure everything is up to date and I do not have KitKat yet, I am on AT&T.

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have fully decided yet, I got some in both right now.

should I stick with one over the other if it will get reading text messages back to me.

Mofus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Prior to Kit Kat it would not read any message no matter what messaging app I used. Now, using Hangouts, it reads my messages while driving. Someone suggested go to Assist settings and re-enable the feature.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
if none of that still works, go to the phones main settings, apps, all downloaded, and go to all the motorola assist apps and clear the cache for each one then run assist again and see if that helps

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. Ill give it a try. I guess Ill set Hangouts as the default IM client. If that doesnot work Ill clear cache and reset.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. Ill give it a try. I guess Ill set Hangouts as the default IM client. If that doesnot work Ill clear cache and reset.

If you do not have 4.4 then you will need to set Messaging as the default.

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Also note that you may have to completely uninstall the other messaging app. I had to when I messed around with Handcent.

Posted via Android Central App

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
will it work with a 3rd party app like textra?

Pre-KitKat, driving Assist will only work with the default Messaging. Post-KitKat, it is supposed to work with Messaging and Hangouts. Any other 3rd party app (like Textra) will not work.

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Haven't got a chance yet, wondering if touchless texting would work with 8sms, which is supposed to be stock with some extra features.

Edit: I sent a touchless text and 8sms worked.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante