1st day with MOTO X, worried about battery

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
He's not using it much. I hit 25 hours the other day with 2% battery left and 3 hours screen on time. Looking at the screen shots, something is keeping the phone awake. If your screen is off, your device should be in deep sleep (mostly).

e6u7uqa2.jpg

ny3uza7y.jpg

u5aqe2em.jpg

Posted via Android Central App

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
He has a rogue app somewhere that is waking the device when the screen is off. Chris

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
With minimal use I'm hoping to not have to charge phone every day.

I don't think that's going to happen. Motorola only rates the battery as good for 24 hours with "mixed usage." Have you had a smartphone before? Pretty much the only phone that's going to let you get away with not charging every day is the Droid Maxx (or its other Maxx predecessors).

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
It's not that hard to plug a phone into an outlet while you're sleeping every night. I don't know why anybody needs their battery to last more than one day comfortably.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Download "Greenify" from the store. You no longer need root to hibernate apps, it's just a little more time consuming. You either have a rogue app or its location services going nuts. Follow those steps in the other thread and you should be fine. Even with minimal use you probably aren't going to get more than a day and a half unless you're literally talking about 10 minutes of screen on time a day.

Posted via Android Central App

Dtwitch19

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that's going to happen. Motorola only rates the battery as good for 24 hours with "mixed usage." Have you had a smartphone before? Pretty much the only phone that's going to let you get away with not charging every day is the Droid Maxx (or its other Maxx predecessors).
Yes I've had a smartphone since 2007 with the 1st iPhone. My iPhone 4 and 5 I had to charge every other day while using as much as I do the X. I also had the X for a week in September and had better life than I do now. I followed Kwkslvr's battery life guide and it seems to be improving. I still think I have something robbing battery though.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI, NEVER judge battery on the first day, or even the first week of use.

Reason is simple:
You havent fully toyed with the phone until the end of the first week. Your use is completely exaggerated because of you tinkering with your new phone and for that, battery life takes a dive. Also, you havent tweaked your settings to fit your use and lifestyle and therefore battery life is going to suffer. Give it a week then see where youre at :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo