Active Notifications - I'd like to be able to customize them - color, blink speed, etc

teslapod

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I realize this would probably increase battery usage but I'd like to be able to change color and blink speed of active notifications depending upon the type of notification, contact information, etc. Kind of like the "light flow " app but using the active notifications.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I realize this would probably increase battery usage but I'd like to be able to change color and blink speed of active notifications depending upon the type of notification, contact information, etc. Kind of like the "light flow " app but using the active notifications.
You're not alone. I don't have a problem with the current Active Notifications app (other than being able to dismiss notifications without unlocking the phone), but customization would be nice. Luckily, it seems like Motorola is keen on updating the feature through Google Play instead of system OTA updates. That's good news, so hopefully they address these concerns soon.

kjhee43

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You're not alone. I don't have a problem with the current Active Notifications app (other than being able to dismiss notifications without unlocking the phone), but customization would be nice. Luckily, it seems like Motorola is keen on updating the feature through Google Play instead of system OTA updates. That's good news, so hopefully they address these concerns soon.

Not sure if this is what you are saying but you can dismiss them without unlocking. Well, dismiss from AN, not completely. Swipe to the right.

I wish they'd flow suit and move active notifications to the play store and start enhancing the functionality of them.

Posted via Android Central App

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is what you are saying but you can dismiss them without unlocking. Well, dismiss from AN, not completely. Swipe to the right.
I want to dismiss them completely so I don't see them hanging around in my notification bar. It's not that big of a deal, it just seems redundant.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd like music controls or something. That and being able to better dismiss messages. Granted, I always look at the message anyway. I'd also like to be able to look at older notifications. Not sure if it currently dies this as I've only had the phone for a day, but from what I read it only shows you a preview of the most recent notification, and there is no way to launch into an older one directly. Correct me if I'm wrong n that.

lordnikonz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree. I think I might miss my led notifications. I loved being able to look across the room and see what notifications I had by the color. I would also like options to set how often the active display screen displays.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree. I think I might miss my led notifications. I loved being able to look across the room and see what notifications I had by the color. I would also like options to set how often the active display screen displays.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I can count on one time my phone has been on the other side of any room haha. Its in my hand or my pocket.

On topic though.. OP should take this to G+ and tag Mark Rose. Moto is always taking feedback from users in the Moto X community.

Posted via Android Central App