Ok why is the calendar when you go to month view only shows bars and not actual names of the events? I can't figure out how to change it to show anything but bars, is this a bug?
    11-23-2013 08:40 PM
    I think it's a space limitation from putting 6 weeks on the screen at once, there isn't room to write everything out on a tiny square, but having appointment times might be good.

For an agenda approach I typically use the daily or weekly view.
    11-23-2013 09:24 PM
    No way to change it. Stock Calendar and People apps (they are stock Kit Kat) are terrible compared to what everyone else is doing with them.
    11-23-2013 09:32 PM
    11-23-2013 09:39 PM
    There are a number of apps out there that show the events. I use Business Calendar. It is great and works with exchange (through the stock app).
    Aquila likes this.
    11-23-2013 09:47 PM
    I have 3 different apps on mine for the moment that do as you ask. I had the same gripe. I'm trying to figure out what I like better: aCalendar, DigiCal, and Jorte. I think I like aCalendar except it doesn't have native notifications so you have to let the stock calendar alarm you but I don't think I mind that.

I don't like People either. I'm not sure I like what they did with the kit kat dialer on that note also. This confusing shades of white screen it plops you into... I think I prefer going right to the dial pad first.
    11-23-2013 10:00 PM
    There are a number of apps out there that show the events. I use Business Calendar. It is great and works with exchange (through the stock app).
    I use Business Calendar as well. Great app, calendar customization, and ability to read text events and not just bars on the monthly view.
    11-24-2013 12:03 AM
    aCalendar works great for that.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-24-2013 12:44 AM
    I use Business Calendar as well.
    11-24-2013 12:58 AM
    I use Business Calendar as well.
    I actually switched from business calendar to Digical. The new weather feature is pretty slick and I thought the customizable widget colors was the extra bonus to get me converted.

11-24-2013 04:41 AM
    I actually switched from business calendar to Digical. The new weather feature is pretty slick and I thought the customizable widget colors was the extra bonus to get me converted.

What do you mean by customizable widget colors? Asking because you can change the color of the Business Calendar widget too.
    11-24-2013 04:51 AM
    What do you mean by customizable widget colors? Asking because you can change the color of the Business Calendar widget too.
    You can change colors on business calendar but they are preset.

With digi you can set the color and transparency level to whatever you want(on the widget) including the day text, background, task color ect.

Check it out!

clankfu likes this.
    11-24-2013 05:05 AM
    You can change colors on business calendar but they are preset.

With digi you can set the color and transparency level to whatever you want(on the widget) including the day text, background, task color ect.

Check it out!

Gotcha. You can change transparency on Business Calendar to any level you want too but I'll check out Digical for the other features.
    11-24-2013 05:32 AM
    Ok I had installed business calendar and its exactly what I wanted, now with that installed won't I get dual notifications from stock & business cal? I also noticed that google calendar in the play store shows it doing what business cal does with not showing bars but actual events I guess google & the stock calendar aren't the same huh.
    11-24-2013 07:50 AM
    Can't figure out how to list events under calander on Digi

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    11-24-2013 07:55 AM
    Ok I had installed business calendar and its exactly what I wanted, now with that installed won't I get dual notifications from stock & business cal? I also noticed that google calendar in the play store shows it doing what business cal does with not showing bars but actual events I guess google & the stock calendar aren't the same huh.
    I let the stock app run (since Business Calendar uses it), but turn off notifications for the stock app. Then I only get notifications from Bus. Calendar. It works fine.
    11-24-2013 08:25 AM
    Ok to make sure how do I turn off notifications for stock calendar? I unchecked in active display but anywhere else?
    11-24-2013 08:32 AM
    In looking at the way I have it set up, I actually use the notifications for the stock calendar, but view, set events and use the Bus. Calendar. Either way, you should be able to only turn notifications on for one of the apps. For the stock Calendar app, go to settings , general settings and set what you want for notifications. In Bus. Calendar, it is under settings, general settings, edit reminder settings.
    11-24-2013 09:37 AM
    I figured it out, I had to buy the pro version which includes its own notification system and I just disabled the built in calendar notifications and bingo it works great now!
    11-24-2013 02:20 PM