Anyone else have a problem with their active display not "breathing"?
    11-24-2013 02:46 AM
    I've read about this bug. Have you tried clearing the app data and cache for it?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-24-2013 03:37 AM
    Just tested mine, no issues.

Sent from my Moto X!
    11-24-2013 09:30 AM
    Yes i noticed mine not "breathing" as well but it was like that before the update as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    11-24-2013 09:33 AM
    Yes I have but posted on xda as well and was told this was normal when you have no notifications by breathing I mean when the phone flashes the time while it's idle without being touched or anything
    11-24-2013 10:22 AM
    So yours flashes the time constantly while just left idle?
    11-24-2013 10:24 AM
    So yours flashes the time constantly while just left idle?
    Only when the phone is moved.. Mine does not breath time unless the phone has not been moved and it is moved.

11-24-2013 11:19 AM
    Only when the phone is moved.. Mine does not breath time unless the phone has not been moved and it is moved.

Same here so this is a bug?
    11-24-2013 11:38 AM
    No.. That's the way its suppose to work. If the phone is not being moved one would assume no information is needed..

If the phone is moved then it assumes you are about to use it and shows you time or notifications.

11-24-2013 12:25 PM
    Mine has never just flashed the time without being touched. I understood breathing to mean it flashed periodically when you have a notification only.
    tonymhoffman and mhettrich like this.
    11-24-2013 01:01 PM
    Mine has never just flashed the time without being touched. I understood breathing to mean it flashed periodically when you have a notification only.
    Yeah, it's only supposed to "breathe" when there is a notification. Otherwise, it will only display the time if you move the phone.
    Ry likes this.
    11-24-2013 01:52 PM
    Yeah, it's only supposed to "breathe" when there is a notification. Otherwise, it will only display the time if you move the phone.
    That is how mine operates. Breathe only with unacknowledged notifications

anon(464338) likes this.
    11-24-2013 01:59 PM
    I could just about swear mine at random times without my touching it, has...shared the time with me. Which I kinda like, cuz it's so freaky. Lol.

Revampd likes this.
    11-24-2013 02:10 PM
    I could just about swear mine at random times without my touching it, has...shared the time with me. Which I kinda like, cuz it's so freaky. Lol.

It doesn't take much movement to set off the active display. Sometimes just bumping my desk at work will cause it to show the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    11-24-2013 04:53 PM
    If you have the power dock it will put the phone in Daydream mode. Shows clock like a screen saver, really like this feature.

11-24-2013 05:34 PM
    It doesn't take much movement to set off the active display. Sometimes just bumping my desk at work will cause it to show the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    This. Sometimes when my desk shakes a tiny bit, the display will breathe.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have the power dock it will put the phone in Daydream mode. Shows clock like a screen saver, really like this feature.

Can you unlock it from the screen saver like Active Display and what happens when you get a notification while in Daydream?
    11-24-2013 07:19 PM
    My MAXX actually "breaths" just time when there are no notifications

11-24-2013 10:04 PM
    This. Sometimes when my desk shakes a tiny bit, the display will breathe.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you unlock it from the screen saver like Active Display and what happens when you get a notification while in Daydream?
    You get notifications normally, so when I got an email it beeped and the little M showed up. The daydream mutes the clock so its not bright and makes it like a screen saver, it will fade out and move to another spot so no burn in. However, I think you can also set what else it does in daydream mode, not sure still looking into this.

I couple daydream with my Moto assist sleeping, so i set my sleep time and I get no announcements or calls, unless its from a "stared" person.
    11-25-2013 09:07 AM