Touchless Control/Speech to Text for Hangouts?

Boomax24

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Any way to say "Ok Google" Send a hangout, instead of text? Seems like an odd commission?

Additionally I notice that the voice/microphone icon doesn't do anything when I press on it from within hangouts, anyone else having this issue?

Thanks in advance

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Any way to say "Ok Google" Send a hangout, instead of text? Seems like an odd commission?

Additionally I notice that the voice/microphone icon doesn't do anything when I press on it from within hangouts, anyone else having this issue?

Thanks in advance

I just opened the X with my re-trained "Ok Moto", said 'send a text to Judy' and when she replied it was in a Hangout box. I have Hangouts set as Default and replaced the Message icon with the Hangout icon on the home screen next to the App drawer icon (whatever you call that row).
For reference, Judy is *not* using Hangouts as her Default.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
You can send SMS through Hanouts, but I think he's talking about sending an actual Hangouts message (so both sender and receiver are in a Hangout). I've tried it, with no success. When I say something like "send a Hangouts message to [contact]" it just wants to send a text message to that person that says "Send a Hangouts message."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12