Moto X - Is Everyone Happy with the new Kit Kat?

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is Everyone Happy with the new Kit Kat?

Pretty much everything has been smooth over the last few days. The ONLY issue I've had is like 1 out of 10 times it will lag when unlocking the phone. Not a big deal IMO.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

The lag I have been seeing is in scrolling. Mostly Google apps, but some others have choppy vertical scrolling. Is anyone else experiencing that?
If so, does wiping your cache partition fix that, or only other issues?
Does wiping your cache partition clear call logs or SMS history?

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Kit Kat isn't really that much of a leap. The top icons are white now? Google Music shows the album cover on the phone when it's locked. The biggest changes came through the Hangouts updates.

DanTheTaxMan

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

I don't like the white icons either. Why are they white? The wi-fi icon is white, so you don't know if you have a "good" connection or not!

vsloo

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

How do I wipe the cache partition and then reset to factory settings? Is this done via the phone's settings menu or is it by using safe mode? Can someone give me the exact step by step procedures? Sorry, very new to android.

Dave7744

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

my navigation icon disappeared I use that for spoken directions while I'm driving my truck

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site

I don't like the white icons either. Why are they white? The wi-fi icon is white, so you don't know if you have a "good" connection or not!

Exactly I love this phone how it is I will be holding off from updating for a while and a The bugs I read about got me more nervous too

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

The lag I have been seeing is in scrolling. Mostly Google apps, but some others have choppy vertical scrolling. Is anyone else experiencing that?
If so, does wiping your cache partition fix that, or only other issues?
Does wiping your cache partition clear call logs or SMS history?

Wiping the cache partition doesn't endanger any text or call logs. In most cases it also isn't solving the problem but it's worth a shot. Maybe it will work for you.

Posted via Moto X

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site

They turn orange if you lose connection

Posted via Android Central App

That's good. I still like the blue colors though maybe I'm the only one that doesn't want just plain white status bar icons lol

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

That's good. I still like the blue colors though maybe I'm the only one that doesn't want just plain white status bar icons lol

It is taking some getting used to. I saw someone say (not sure if here or somewhere else) that blue is harder on the screen and the life of the pixel. Also I've heard that just in general Google thought white was more professional. It still throws me for a loop though every time I look at my screen.

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Kit Kat isn't really that much of a leap. The top icons are white now? Google Music shows the album cover on the phone when it's locked. The biggest changes came through the Hangouts updates.

There's a lot in Kit-Kat that you don't see. It is a big step forward ...
9 Lesser-Known New Features In Android 4.4 KitKat

I'm with you .. I like the blue better too but the white stands out more in the transparent status bars. (So I've read .. )
I could see blue just fine ! Lol

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think the new colors are a vast improvement.

I also didn't care until you guys mentioned it.

11hrr

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

I can't play videos anymore. VLC crashes immediately after loading any file. Other players are now choppy; I can't play files that were working before the update. Sucks that I seem to be the only one with this problem...

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

I haven't noticed all these issues but if there was widespread issues..what would fix them? Will there be like a 4.4.1 to address some things?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

I haven't noticed all these issues but if there was widespread issues..what would fix them? Will there be like a 4.4.1 to address some things?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I guess the question is are the problems cropping up because of problems in KitKat itself, or specific to what Motorola has done and the Moto X?

Google has rolled out small bugfix updates shortly after a major release before, but mostly the "semi-major" point-version updates tend to be 3-4 months after the initial release. I think it will take more devices getting 4.4 to see if there are consistent issues across the board.

I have absolutely nothing to base this on, but I'm kind of expecting Motorola to do a maintenance update somewhere around 3 months from now.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm enjoying it. I do have the lock screen bug like everyone else though. Only happens sporadically and not all the time. This seems to be a known bug as a lot of people have it so I'd expect a minor update soon. That and also hopefully they'll fix the dialer. That holo blue is seriously clashing with everything else lol.