Moto X - Is Everyone Happy with the new Kit Kat?

mississippi45

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Just curious. I am a new owner of the Moto X and can't tell a whole lot of difference between the old an now new. But then again I am coming from the IPhone and this Android stuff is a new experience (awesome) for me.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is Everyone Happy with the new Kit Kat?

So happy to have Google Wallet on a non Nexus phone working! All the features I use regularly are working great! Not sure about wifi though. I am keeping my eye on the connection. I am sure certain yet but I think the connectivity is a bit worse on 4.4. Not sure yet, just observing for now.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Yes.

Posted via Android Central App

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Kit Kat is all I know, so definitely. People have been complaining about battery life but I'm at 19 hours with 50% left (2.5 hours screen on time). People have been complaining about lag, but I wiped cache partition and did factory reset after 4.4 installed and I honestly haven't had a problem, even with the GEL sideloaded.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

No complaints here. Runs just as smoothly as my Nexus 5. However, I do face palm every time I go into the dialer and see the holo blue there.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Kit Kat is all I know, so definitely. People have been complaining about battery life but I'm at 19 hours with 50% left (2.5 hours screen on time). People have been complaining about lag, but I wiped cache partition and did factory reset after 4.4 installed and I honestly haven't had a problem, even with the GEL sideloaded.

Im gonna do this but how did ypu do it from setting?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

I actually don't really think I have a problem bit people saying there is lag is getting me paranoid. My eyes may be playing tricks on me

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

mississippi45

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

What he say?

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I have the lag. About 10% of the time it takes about 3 seconds to unlock. This is after a clearing of the cache partition and a factory reset. :(

Posted via Moto X

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

I have the lag. About 10% of the time it takes about 3 seconds to unlock. This is after a clearing of the cache partition and a factory reset. :(

Posted via Moto X

Temporary fix until this gets sorted is to change lock screen to none.

vsloo

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

Is there a way to disable the 4.4 update notification that keeps coming up? I'd like to not update for a while. Can someone show me how to do that?

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Is there a way to disable the 4.4 update notification that keeps coming up? I'd like to not update for a while. Can someone show me how to do that?

Why don't you want to update?

My phone is running much better on Kit Kat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007