Moto X - Verizon Wifi Tethering Kit Kat

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone get Foxfi/PDANet to work for wifi tethering? USB works fine, but wifi tethering asks for credential passwords that don't exist even after clearing credentials. Trying to activate the mobile hotspot like it says brings up the subscription check. Anyone have any tips or find a wifi tether app that works non root? Thanks

dnva75

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Wifi Tethering worked for me out of the box. No need for FoxFI. Did a four hour Skype vidio conference with it the other day and it worked like a charm with 3 others connected to it.

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Wifi Tethering worked for me out of the box. No need for FoxFI. Did a four hour Skype vidio conference with it the other day and it worked like a charm with 3 others connected to it.
How so? Unlimited Verizon here, have to pay to tether. If you're rooted, then that's outside the scope of this topic lol

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope:

FoxFi does NOT work on Verizon. It asks for credential passwords (of which there is no answer for) or to enable native tethering which just results in a subscription check. I've brought this to the Foxfi developer's attention, and it's not been fun. We've exchanged multiple emails back and forth and it seems I'm dealing with someone who doesn't understand English or is just bad at reading. They keep answering everything but what I ask. First they said I can update to Kit Kat and FoxFi wifi tethering would work - false. I replied telling them this and also explained that FoxFi is asking for a credential password after having me create a lock screen with password (also new). Their reply - I can remove the lock screen by entering the wrong password 5-10 times. Again, not even close or relevant to what I asked. I'm just about done speaking with them and wouldn't consider buying FoxFi if support can't even be bothered to respond coherently.

Plaz

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Interesting and disappointing. I'm really hoping this will get resolved since I was thinking of upgrading to a Moto X but don't want to give up FoxFi. Keep us posted if you make any headway with the developer.

Ratamacue2

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
This is SO disappointing. I have also had an email exchange with the developer that was less than satisfactory. He initially gave me some bad information, then backtracked. Now he's saying that it will work in USB or bluetooth mode, but I cannot get bluetooth mode to work on my Nexus 10. It connects, but I don't have Internet access.

Anyone else try it in bluetooth mode?

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
you can easily root the verizon developer and non developr moto x, than get the native vz hotspot working with no subscription.

Ratamacue2

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
you can easily root the verizon developer and non developr moto x, than get the native vz hotspot working with no subscription.
Easily? I looked on xda yesterday at available root methods for KitKat on the Moto X, and the only one I could find was called SlapMyMoto. It was EXTREMELY involved. Even the mods at xda characterized it as "not for the faint of heart."

Again, this was for those of us who are are currently on 4.4. Are you perhaps thinking of the 4.2 exploit, or am I missing something?

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Same as Ratamacue. The only method I saw for non-dev Kit Kat Verizon Moto X was pretty complicated. I've rooted past Android phones and this method was much more complex, so not sure about "easily."

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
This is SO disappointing. I have also had an email exchange with the developer that was less than satisfactory. He initially gave me some bad information, then backtracked. Now he's saying that it will work in USB or bluetooth mode, but I cannot get bluetooth mode to work on my Nexus 10. It connects, but I don't have Internet access.

Anyone else try it in bluetooth mode?

I've used it once or twice with my Nexus10[ with PDA Net].... My experiance has been that it works for a while but then sort of dropss and you must disconnect then reconnect. It was sufficentlly annoying that I just view/download on my Moto X instead

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante