draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a friend who doesn't fully trust touchless control. I want to sideload the GEL.apk on her device running 4.2.2 with touchless control disabled and homescreen listening enabled. I know the touchless control utilizes a low power core in the x8 system. Will the GEL listening have an adverse affect on the performance of the device?

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Camera's always on too. Obama sees your nipples.

Voice activation on GEL doesn't make a difference because your phone is on anyway. Touchless Control works because the X8 chipset allows the Moto X to constantly be in a low power state....waiting...listening for your secrets.

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Please remove the tinfoil hats. The purpose isn't to discuss security. The purpose is to discuss any decrease in functionality of the device. Eg hits to battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend who doesn't fully trust touchless control. I want to sideload the GEL.apk on her device running 4.2.2 with touchless control disabled and homescreen listening enabled. I know the touchless control utilizes a low power core in the x8 system. Will the GEL listening have an adverse affect on the performance of the device?

so far GEL is not draining my battery on my N4 and my n4 dont even have the low power core.

if anything it should be better on moto X.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
It's moot anyway because GEL's ok Google doesn't work anyway. At least not on my phone. I think Motorola disabled it because it doesn't utilize the x8.

Posted via Android Central App

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. My search bar doesn't have "say ok Google" written there and lots of folks around the internet confirm the same. Maybe we're using a different GEL apk?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. My search bar doesn't have "say ok Google" written there and lots of folks around the internet confirm the same. Maybe we're using a different GEL apk?

could be because u haven't updated the offline speech voice.

see post by JungleLarry above

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Just went through the steps. No love. For you guys who have it working are you also on at&t?

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm running GEL on my X and once the Kit Kat update hit it eliminated the "OK google" from home feature. Word on the street is it was disabled so as not to interfere with the X's toucheless control command of OK Google now. Im with at&t.

Posted via Moto X

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Didn't break it we don't need it cause we have OK Google now always listening would be redundant

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Didn't break it we don't need it cause we have OK Google now always listening would be redundant

It worked with 4.2.2. For it not to work now without explanation is "broken" by my definition. All of the settings are still there, it simply doesn't work.

Since they are separate functions (one by google, the other by motorola), i should be able to turn off both, one, or none. If I've already done a primary search with Ok Google Now (touchless controls) and received the answer in Google Now/Search, I should be able to continue searching from there without having to initiate touchless controls again (it is slower).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae