Kit kat update bricked my moto x

vsloo

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Decided against updating so early since my phone was working fine. Completely stock with just a games installed, gmail, hipchat, fidelity. I know nothing about android so I kept it simple. Decided I should update since the notification kept coming up.

Downloaded, hit install, and FAIL. Gave me a weird screen saying "failed to hab check for recovery 0x56". Something about boot failed. No idea what this all means. Normal boot doesn't work, recovery doesn't work, power + volume down doesn't work, nothing works. The phone would boot and then restart itself. The tech at motorola can't figure it out either. He says this is kit kat related and he's seen several of the same cases.

Called motorola, refund processed. Going back to an iPhone. I loved this phone but I can't deal with this stuff.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Did you try a factory reset?

This thing happens with any OS updates on any platform. It has nothing to do with android. Just with luck and the update process. Heck, both my roommates had bricked iphones with IOS5, and one of them did again with the initial IOS6 and the other with a later IOS6 update. No platform is immune from these kinds of things. Either get a replacement or go back to iphone and believe ignorantly that it cant happen to you there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae