Granted, few can say when certain phones will come out in the next 6 months but how many current Moto X owners would keep their phone through May 2016?

I ask because my upgrade on Verizon is in May and I've yet to see anything as compelling as the Moto X. I'll be coming off an OG Droid Razr

And before it becomes an issue:
    - Verizon is the only carrier that gets acceptable service in my area - trust me on this one.
    - Paying for Edge or full retail phones isn't an option - couldn't talk the wife into it if my life depended on it.
    - I'm not much of a tinkerer so custom ROMs aren't an option.

Anyway, current X owners please provide some input.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-26-2013 06:27 PM
    Hell no. I'm eligible for upgrade in August of 2015. I'll get a new phone as soon as I am eligible. As much as I LOVE my Moto X now, I know that in 2016 it's going to be dated.

As a general rule, I don't buy phones that are as much as 6 months old. I try to buy whatever the best flagship is for me at the time I'm eligible for upgrade. I may wait a few months, but I will not wait too long. I'm not paying a subsidy on an old phone when I'm out of contract.

It might be best for you to wait. Motorola typically announces their flagships in the summer and fall. If you're set on Motorola and/or the follow up to the X, that's probably when it'll be out.
    torifile and seanlongoria like this.
    11-26-2013 06:34 PM
    As you aren't available for an upgrade until May 2014, you might hold off upgrading right away and see what Motorola announces/offers around August of next year. Since the reviews on the Moto X are favorable, Motorola would probably release the follow up around a year after the original.
    tonymhoffman and seanlongoria like this.
    11-26-2013 06:44 PM
    Hell no. I'm eligible for upgrade in August of 2015. I'll get a new phone as soon as I am eligible. As much as I LOVE my Moto X now, I know that in 2016 it's going to be dated.

As a general rule, I don't buy phones that are as much as 6 months old. I try to buy whatever the best flagship is for me at the time I'm eligible for upgrade. I may wait a few months, but I will not wait too long. I'm not paying a subsidy on an old phone when I'm out of contract.

It might be best for you to wait. Motorola typically announces their flagships in the summer and fall. If you're set on Motorola and/or the follow up to the X, that's probably when it'll be out.
    Good advice. Frankly, I'm definitely thinking about this way too early but the latest phones, especially the X, are giving me some serious tech envy.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-26-2013 06:44 PM
    in 2016 i will be using Moto X3
    TechTinker likes this.
    11-26-2013 06:54 PM