I know if you purchase the item through your carrier you are not eligible, but who is and who is not of those who purchase off motomaker? today 1 rep said i am eligible, and now another says i am not. (I am with Sprint but purchased off motomaker).

---

wow, these people are lost as hell.

Them: you're not eligible, since sprint has insurance".
    me: hmmm, today someone told me i am. Let me ask you this, if i'm not, who is"
    them "hold on", 4 minutes later "are you on a laptop or a pc"
    me: "a laptop"
    them: hold on
    now i'm back on hold. lol. um...wtf. lol.
    11-26-2013 06:55 PM
    I know if you purchase the item through your carrier you are not eligible, but who is and who is not of those who purchase off motomaker? today 1 rep said i am eligible, and now another says i am not. (I am with Sprint but purchased off motomaker).
    My understanding, and could be wrong, is that everyone except for Verizon is eligible. Someone said though that MotoCare comes up as an option during checkout, so if it doesn't that might mean you can not get it.
    11-26-2013 07:00 PM
    You have 30 days from when the device shipped to purchase it:

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ail/a_id/95277

I'm on Sprint too and purchased mine through moto maker. If I login to the moto site and go to "My Devices" I see the option where i can purchase the 2-year plan.
    11-26-2013 07:09 PM
    My understanding, and could be wrong, is that everyone except for Verizon is eligible. Someone said though that MotoCare comes up as an option during checkout, so if it doesn't that might mean you can not get it.
    Yeah, it did for me. And now CS just came back, 'oh you are eligble'. lol.

You have 30 days from when the device shipped to purchase it:

https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ail/a_id/95277

I'm on Sprint too and purchased mine through moto maker. If I login to the moto site and go to "My Devices" I see the option where i can purchase the 2-year plan.
    I purchased it on November 13th. Where on the page do you see that? i know it's not on mine but i'm on phone with customer service and we're trying to figure out the issue. Is "your devices" call "your stuff"? and then where does the link reside. thanks.

---
    and now they just hung up on me. wow. f'g wow. Let's see if they call back. and i KNOW they won't think i hung up on them, cuz i'm super nice and very pleasant not coming off frustrated...yet.
    11-26-2013 07:17 PM
    Yeah, it did for me. And now CS just came back, 'oh you are eligble'. lol.

I purchased it on November 13th. Where on the page do you see that? i know it's not on mine but i'm on phone with customer service and we're trying to figure out the issue. Is "your devices" call "your stuff"? and then where does the link reside. thanks.

---
    and now they just hung up on me. wow. f'g wow. Let's see if they call back. and i KNOW they won't think i hung up on them, cuz i'm super nice and very pleasant not coming off frustrated...yet.
    It's on the my devices page that shows my phone I bought and what the factory warranty status is. After my son gets to bed in a bit I'll go back into the computer and find how I got to that page.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-26-2013 07:25 PM
    It's on the my devices page that shows my phone I bought and what the factory warranty status is. After my son gets to bed in a bit I'll go back into the computer and find how I got to that page.

cool. very helpful. I think it's that the profile doesn't know what my warranty status is/when the phone was purchased. I called them back, on the phone with them again. lol. I have faith with this last guy i'm on the phone with right now.
    11-26-2013 07:48 PM
    cool. very helpful. I think it's that the profile doesn't know what my warranty status is/when the phone was purchased. I called them back, on the phone with them again. lol. I have faith with this last guy i'm on the phone with right now.
    Cool. they said they will fix the issue and call me back tmrw. And are sending me free jax in ear headphones. I chose cement because i couldn't choose, lol. I give them about a 50% chance of actually calling me back tmrw, but as long as i get my insurance before my 30 days are up i'm fine.
    gabbott likes this.
    11-26-2013 08:09 PM
    I was told since I purchased through ATT I am not eligible. I didn't go through Moto maker.

I was also told since the option does not show up to upgrade warranty under my device, I'm not eligible.

Any able to purchase warranty if the bought at the att store or att online?

11-26-2013 08:38 PM
    I ordered on ATT motomaker on Oct 25th. I did not buy the motorcare at the time but then regretted it later. About 2 weeks later I bought it and have it now. It is also transferrable! I did buy my phone outright and not on contract.
    11-26-2013 08:39 PM
    I'm on Verizon and bought Moto Maker and cannot get Moto insurance. I am debating about whether I should buy Asurion insurance from Verizon or not. I really do not see a need to buy extended warranty. I figure after a year if something malfunctions I'll bite the bullet and buy a new phone. I usually don't buy extended warranties for electronics. As for insurance, I think it's a bit more likely that would be used. So I'm trying to decide if it's worth it, maybe do a year and then stop. On the other hand, since I've owned cell phones for the last 20 years or so, I've never had a phone break, get lost or stolen, or dropped or dunked in the toilet, or what have you. Maybe I'm pushing my luck, who knows.
    11-26-2013 08:48 PM
    I'm on Verizon and bought Moto Maker and cannot get Moto insurance. I am debating about whether I should buy Asurion insurance from Verizon or not. I really do not see a need to buy extended warranty. I figure after a year if something malfunctions I'll bite the bullet and buy a new phone. I usually don't buy extended warranties for electronics. As for insurance, I think it's a bit more likely that would be used. So I'm trying to decide if it's worth it, maybe do a year and then stop. On the other hand, since I've owned cell phones for the last 20 years or so, I've never had a phone break, get lost or stolen, or dropped or dunked in the toilet, or what have you. Maybe I'm pushing my luck, who knows.
    Same boat...no extended warranty with VZW Moto Maker. I've had good luck with my first VZW phone but went the way of Asurion in the beginning. When 1 year went by and nothing went wrong with the phone (HTC Rez), decided to cancel the insurance plan. I had the "extended" plan. Now that I have the X and paid using AMEX, they'll cover an extra year so there's 2 years. The VZW lady who helped me set up the phone was really pushing the insurance so just told her.."I'll get back to ya". I feel this phone will be around for 2 years...hoping I will be too.
    11-26-2013 10:04 PM
    Funny, I was able to select the extended warranty even though I'm with Verizon. I had to double back and look around or it but eventually got it added to my cart.

Just this morning, Motorola called to say it was mistakenly offered, refunded my $85, and gave me a $25 Google Play card. Not too bad, I suppose.

TJH

11-27-2013 02:28 PM
    Here's another example of Motorola's great customer service...

I heard that if you buy your phone through Moto Maker, you are not eligible for insurance through your carrier (VZW). It never gave me the option when I originally purchased the phone, and I couldn't find it afterwards either. I chatted online with Moto customer service and they told me to call, had no idea why I couldn't purchase the extended service plan online. I mentioned that I had Verizon, and the rep didn't say a thing about it.

This is the first I've heard anyone mention that VZW customers can't get the plan. I have the "insurance" ($8/mo) on my VZW plan. Has anyone had any trouble using their VZW insurance to cover damage on their Moto Maker device?
    01-10-2014 06:55 PM
    Here's another example of Motorola's great customer service...

I heard that if you buy your phone through Moto Maker, you are not eligible for insurance through your carrier (VZW). It never gave me the option when I originally purchased the phone, and I couldn't find it afterwards either. I chatted online with Moto customer service and they told me to call, had no idea why I couldn't purchase the extended service plan online. I mentioned that I had Verizon, and the rep didn't say a thing about it.

This is the first I've heard anyone mention that VZW customers can't get the plan. I have the "insurance" ($8/mo) on my VZW plan. Has anyone had any trouble using their VZW insurance to cover damage on their Moto Maker device?
    Sounds more like vzn being shady and disallowing vzn moto x phones to be insured.

snoking likes this.
    01-10-2014 08:39 PM