11-30-2013 08:28 PM
75 123
tools
    Does anyone have any problem with the (comparitively small) screen size? That's my only concern here, as technology moves toward, screens keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm worried about it being a little too small.

Posted via Android Central App
    i don't have a problem with it per se, but it def seems small compared to the S4 screen even though there's only a .3 difference (but usually .6 because of the soft keys, even though kitkat allows for full screen, we'll see). I notice it when reading pinterest, etc. If you enjoy the bigness of the S4 screen, while you will probably get over the size, it might bother you at first. For that though, pretty much only way to find out is use for a week.
    11-27-2013 09:35 AM
    I think the best way to look at these "Best Phone" articles is to think about what phone would be the top recommendation if the user had no specific needs. If someone wants a larger screen, higher processing power or more storage then it's obviously not the best phone for that person. However, the X performs all "normal" smartphone tasks as well as any other phone, has the best battery life for its size and what are probably the most useful extra features. It also does well in durability tests. It was pretty much designed to do well at this type of analysis.
    11-27-2013 09:38 AM
    the moto x is the best phone phone because it offers the best balance between size and performance (specs dont mean s*** in its case), in real life, its as fast as any other higher specs phone , its durable, its perfectly sized, and yes, it has motorola RF in it, it also offers the always listening feature and the amazing lock screen notifications.
    any one that will actually hold one in his hands, will understand that.
    11-27-2013 10:23 AM
    For me, it comes down to only a few things
    It's got a bigger + better screen than my last phone, but is smaller on the outside.
    I get signal/internet places my last phone couldn't
    Phone calls are flawless
    The battery lasts me from unplug in the morning until bed with tons left over and no coddling.
    Motorola has updated this to 4.4 in record time.
    It's relatively vanilla + a few enhancements that add to, not subtract from the experience I was used to with a Nexus.

If this had a way to cheat wifi tethering, I would consider it the perfect phone
    11-27-2013 10:39 AM
    The screen is deceiving and leads people to say its small because of the overall size of the device imo. When there is no case on, it feels like you're holding just a screen due to the bezel to bezel design. I never hear people saying the HTC one's screen is too small. This is because the overall size of the one is bigger and makes the illusion of a nice size screen. I think the Moto x is a perfect balance of screen size and ease of one handed use. I hope they dont go much past this size in the future. Im typing on a Note 2 right not which is now my stay at home tablet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    11-27-2013 10:42 AM
    I have used both, the Note 3 and moto x. I went moto x but the Note 3 is one awesome machine.
    Friend has G2 great phone as well.

reedbri likes this.
    11-27-2013 11:36 AM
    First root : SlapMyMoto 0.5c Beta (4.4 root, RW to system) - xda-developers
    Than free tether on verzon(this works on non DE phones,if you are on another carrier,check there too): Native tether for VZW DE 4.4 - xda-developers

Perfect
    11-27-2013 11:43 AM
    OK so my take on the Moto X being the best phone you can buy-
    YUP sounds right
    11-27-2013 11:52 AM
    I like it better than Nexus Style. I have a little home-made dock for bedside, and when I put the GNex in there, I was constantly accidentally pressing the volume up and down.
    The Moto X has both buttons available for me when setting landscape. why is there no official or even unofficial landscape dock?

As long as I'm complaining,
    It takes a pretty super person to see an article they don't agree with on the front page of androidcentral.com and race to the forum where people will agree with it so they can **** in the thread.
    Great job
    Not hating at all I own a S4 and like the button layout. So it would be awkward to use the X. But it does have its advantages like you mentioned when in landscape. Wish I could try one but with Christmas coming up ima have to wait.

Sent from my N9500 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-27-2013 12:37 PM
    ****If you're on contract and especially on VZW, don't care much about reading or gaming, I agree. That's about it. Opinions are like a$$holes
    11-27-2013 12:44 PM
    No phone is the best, You like it buy it, Who cares what everyone else says... Seriously. . :thumbup:

Sent by the Best phone to live NOTE 3
    bbycrts and asdrew like this.
    11-27-2013 12:46 PM
    My wife and I both got new phones about two months ago....both coming from Galaxy Nexus. She picked the LG G2, I picked the Moto X. As much as I loved my Gnex, I love the Moto X even more....its just perfect for me and if anyone asks me what to buy, I tell them before they can finish asking. There are no downfalls....nearly pure Android...useful additions...perfect size for me...fast....and I got Kit Kat OTA three weeks from launch....BEFORE my Nexus 7 did.( and there is not any information anywhere about the G2 getting it....ever.) And then there is the battery life which is amazing....so good that I have had to train myself NOT to put it on the charger at all times. I have played with my wife's...and there is just too much extra junk on it for me. NIce phone, but too much extra crap.

To each, his own...but the Moto X is the best phone out there for me. If I wanted to wait another month, I would have considered the Nexus 5, but I feel like I got the 'next best thing'.....which saying that even downplays how strongly I feel about the X
    11-27-2013 12:57 PM
    To be fair, I think most people haven't used most of the phones that are out there. How can a person possibly go through all of the Android phones on the market, and make their decisions based on that? The Moto X has a unique feature set that is appealing to some people. But its also lacking a great deal of features and/or "horsepower" that is offered by a lot of other phones. I haven't used an LG G2, or a Galaxy Note 3. If things were different, maybe I would buy one. But as it turns out, there is only one phone that has the "always listening" feature that I really wanted.
    Had the S4, HTC One, G2. Sold them. Except the S4, which my daughter swiped Had the Note 2. Sold it. I carry the Moto X every day. I''m not missing a thing. Of the phones I got rid of, the only one that came close to as good an experience as the Moto X would be the One.
    11-27-2013 01:22 PM
    Perfect.
    11-27-2013 01:47 PM
    Moto X is nice, but I think there are better options like the G2 and Note 3. .
    It is silly when big blogs say there is a *best phone to buy* but many readers are looking for a way to decide because they simply can't for themselves. While I agree the moto x is one of the best, for my needs, there are better choices. But hey, the Moto X is one heck of a American made beast and I am okay with the Giants calling it the best!
    asdrew likes this.
    11-27-2013 03:22 PM
    Most of the people looking down up on moto x have'nt really used one as a daily driver to make up any unbiased opinion on it, they are mostly going by specs or stuck in bigger is better mind set ..

I have used it thoroughly. I didn't mind the screen being less than perfect or having to plug it in mid day to make it. Yes, the nexus 5 screen makes the moto x screen look a tiny bit jaggery, but when the moto x is out on its own, it looks great. It is not the best of anything really, but the overall picture of the moto x makes it one of the best you can buy. I am seriously considering a dev edition when black Friday hits! Hail moto!
    11-27-2013 03:26 PM
    I have used it thoroughly. I didn't mind the screen being less than perfect or having to plug it in mid day to make it. Yes, the nexus 5 screen makes the moto x screen look a tiny bit jaggery, but when the moto x is out on its own, it looks great. It is not the best of anything really, but the overall picture of the moto x makes it one of the best you can buy. I am seriously considering a dev edition when black Friday hits! Hail moto!
    Looks like it's going to be on sale for $400 on Cyber Monday. The best Android phone you can buy is $150 off on Monday | Android Central
    Just wait a few more days
    Johnly likes this.
    11-27-2013 03:47 PM
    Looks like it's going to be on sale for $400 on Cyber Monday. The best Android phone you can buy is $150 off on Monday | Android Central
    Just wait a few more days
    Wow man that's a deal!

11-27-2013 05:52 PM
    Moto X is nice, but I think there are better options like the G2 and Note 3. .
    Yeah, that G2 software looks AMAZING /s

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    11-27-2013 05:59 PM
    Well I have to agree. The active display is turning out to be a big deal for me, this will get copied by many very soon. The ergonomics are the best, no contest. I am also surpised how much I like the touchless controls as well. Battery is better than I had expected, the motorola connect is cool too (all messages and phone calls synced real time in any chrome browser on any pc). etc, etc, ...

oh yeah, forgot to mention I got it for 1 penny with my upgrade on Amazon. Ridiculously good. So good I gave up my unlimited data to get it.
    11-27-2013 06:03 PM
    Does anyone have any problem with the (comparitively small) screen size? That's my only concern here, as technology moves toward, screens keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm worried about it being a little too small.

Where does it stop? At some point screens will go from being "big" to being "way too big". I always thought 4.3 was my limit with the Razr M, but now that the X has packaged the 4.7 into a very tidy package I'm good with it. But I can't see going larger than 4.7 (for me) and being comfortable with it. It is definitely personal preference, though.
    11-27-2013 06:33 PM
    Where does it stop? At some point screens will go from being "big" to being "way too big". I always thought 4.3 was my limit with the Razr M, but now that the X has packaged the 4.7 into a very tidy package I'm good with it. But I can't see going larger than 4.7 (for me) and being comfortable with it. It is definitely personal preference, though.
    I'm sure you felt that exact same way when you had the RAZR. I know it's far too early but I am already looking forward to the Moto X2. Although the 4.7 inch screen is nice I'd prefer something around 4.9 and hopefully higher resolution.

11-27-2013 06:55 PM
    I thought 4.3 was going to be huge (DROID Bionic). But edge-to-edge makes a different. My Moto X essentially fits a 4.7" screen in that DROID Bionic-sized body.

I don't think I could go bigger for a daily driver though.
    11-27-2013 07:03 PM
    I thought 4.3 was going to be huge (DROID Bionic). But edge-to-edge makes a different. My Moto X essentially fits a 4.7" screen in that DROID Bionic-sized body.

I don't think I could go bigger for a daily driver though.
    Hmm. The 4.7 inches is diagonal right? The S4 screen is only .3 inches larger than the Moto X screen but it seems a lot wider. How do they measure the screen?
    I wonder how big the phone would be if it were closer to 5
    11-27-2013 07:07 PM
    Hmm. The 4.7 inches is diagonal right? The S4 screen is only .3 inches larger than the Moto X screen but it seems a lot wider. How do they measure the screen?
    I wonder how big the phone would be if it were closer to 5
    Yep. Diagonal.

DROID Bionic vs. Moto X vs. Galaxy S4
    11-27-2013 07:25 PM
75 123