12-17-2013 11:38 PM
1,266 1234 ...
tools
    Thanks for the info! I have a couple more questions that maybe you guys can help me with:

1. My wife and I use or will be using Net10 AT&T LTE service. Would we have LTE service with the T-Mobile version of the Moto X?
    2. How about LTE with the Verizon version?
    3. Do these phones have carrier branded ROMs?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    1. If T-Mobile has LTE in your area then yes u will get LTE.
    2. Same as 1 but odds are vzw has LTE where u are. Now how fast is another story
    3. Last I checked yeah ROMs was carrier specific.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)
    11-27-2013 03:38 PM
    1. If T-Mobile has LTE in your area then yes u will get LTE.
    2. Same as 1 but odds are vzw has LTE where u are. Now how fast is another story
    3. Last I checked yeah ROMs was carrier specific.
    Thanks! But I'm not sure I made myself clear enough. We have AT&T LTE SIMs, but since the T-Mobile & Verizon versions of the Moto X are unlocked I prefer to get one of them instead of the AT&T version. But, will we get LTE service with our AT&T SIMs? I don't understand the bands very well.
    11-27-2013 03:42 PM
    This deal is freaking awesome. Couple of questions though, is the unlocked T-Mobile version compatible with any GSM?? For example I live in Mexico and if I bought it customized T-Mobile unlocked version would it work with my carrier? Or does the Dev edition only work?? Thanks!!
    11-27-2013 05:14 PM
    I felt blindsided when I read this news. I never thought Motorola would pull this off considering it just opened Moto Maker this month to all carriers. #dissappointed@myself#

Posted via Android Central App
    11-27-2013 09:21 PM
    I guess I have to get one now. Will the Tmobile version work on AT&T? I have AT&T now but am considering going to Tmobile in April when my contract is up. Is there any difference in supported bands for HSPA+ and LTE?
    11-27-2013 09:24 PM
    Thanks! But I'm not sure I made myself clear enough. We have AT&T LTE SIMs, but since the T-Mobile & Verizon versions of the Moto X are unlocked I prefer to get one of them instead of the AT&T version. But, will we get LTE service with our AT&T SIMs? I don't understand the bands very well.
    I guess I have to get one now. Will the Tmobile version work on AT&T? I have AT&T now but am considering going to Tmobile in April when my contract is up. Is there any difference in supported bands for HSPA+ and LTE?
    The Tmo version will work fully on ATT including LTE. The Tmo version also does not have any carrier branding or carrier apps. The SIM is unlocked to easily move between ATT and Tmo.
    11-27-2013 10:00 PM
    Is the Dev Edition included in this sale? If it is, I assume this will cost $399?
    11-27-2013 10:13 PM
    I really wish they would make an deal available for the moto-maker carrier subsidized models. I can get a 16 GB free but, if I want the 32 gb model, I have to pay $150.

emBARK likes this.
    11-27-2013 10:23 PM
    The Tmo version will work fully on ATT including LTE. The Tmo version also does not have any carrier branding or carrier apps. The SIM is unlocked to easily move between ATT and Tmo.
    That is great! So the T-Mobile version is essentially the GSM developer version?

11-27-2013 10:24 PM
    I just got my Moto Maker today! I'm trying to get my credit card to refund me, but if I can't, I'll be on the website Monday. I'm thinking it might be running a tad slow then and I'm worried about the "limited quantities".
    11-28-2013 12:02 AM
    Its not just $400 for off-contract because you can also trade in your old motorola phone for $100 gift card. Those motorola admirals can be bought on eBay for 10-20 dollars.

Is that deal still offered?

I thought I read another thread in the Motorola Droid Maxx forum that indicated that program ended last month.
    11-28-2013 02:46 AM
    Is that deal still offered?

I thought I read another thread in the Motorola Droid Maxx forum that indicated that program ended last month.
    I hope so, I have an OG droid still sitting around.

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app
    11-28-2013 07:31 AM
    I just did the paperwork for my old Droid 3 this morning.
    alphabets likes this.
    11-28-2013 07:33 AM
    I just did the paperwork for my old Droid 3 this morning.
    Is the trade-in program detailed on the Moto site?

11-28-2013 08:40 AM
    Is the trade-in program detailed on the Moto site?

Looks like you can go here to do it:

Motorola - A Google Company

Hrmm, looking closer that seems to be specifically if you are getting a Verizon device.
    XDCX likes this.
    11-28-2013 08:48 AM
    That is great! So the T-Mobile version is essentially the GSM developer version?

As I understand it yes. With the ability to select 16 or 32gb and the ability to customize. Anyone on Att should definitely get the T-Mobile version for the ability to unlock the bootloader and not have to deal with Att as far as updates go.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-28-2013 09:00 AM

Hrmm, looking closer that seems to be specifically if you are getting a Verizon device.
    Nope, that's for all of them.

gabbott likes this.
    11-28-2013 09:07 AM

Looks like the original Droid isn't on the list of eligible trade-ins
    11-28-2013 09:26 AM
    That is a great price and what many feel like it should remain at. I think if moto dropped the price to this permanently they could get a lot of sales that way, with a price that low.
    11-28-2013 10:14 AM
    I hope so, I have an OG droid still sitting around.

Sadly the Original droid is not listed on their site for the trade up program
    alphabets likes this.
    11-28-2013 10:17 AM
    Well this kind of sucks. I know when the sale is going to start but I kind of don't want it to get past Android Central... although I'm sure once an editor see's it they'll post it on the front and just give us more competition on sale day!

PM me if you're interested.... just give me a day to reply since it's thanksgiving
    11-28-2013 10:25 AM
    Well this kind of sucks. I know when the sale is going to start but I kind of don't want it to get past Android Central... although I'm sure once an editor see's it they'll post it on the front and just give us more competition on sale day!

PM me if you're interested.... just give me a day to reply since it's thanksgiving
    Moto announced it will start 8am Central time on Monday. The cat is very well out of the bag and all over the net.
    11-28-2013 10:26 AM
    Man I am so slow. How did I miss that elsewhere? lol

Online Specials and Sales - Motorola - A Google Company
    11-28-2013 10:28 AM
    Does Verizon whack you with a $35 Upgrade Fee when you buy an off-contract phone to replace your existing device?

I remember I never paid the fee when I replaced my last device with an off-contract phone but that was so long ago it may have been before Verizon implemented the Upgrade Fee.
    11-28-2013 11:33 AM
    Does Verizon whack you with a $35 Upgrade Fee when you buy an off-contract phone to replace your existing device?

I remember I never paid the fee when I replaced my last device with an off-contract phone but that was so long ago it may have been before Verizon implemented the Upgrade Fee.
    I think they now call it an 'Activation Fee'...still $35.
    11-28-2013 12:21 PM
1,266 1234 ...