12-18-2013 12:38 AM
1,266 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Motorola Mobility ‏@Motorola 32s
    Our Moto X Moto Maker offer will go live at 12 ET on Wed and again on Monday. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Just the simple fact that they have 2 dates for this sale to be moved to makes me think that the Wednesday sale is not guaranteed.
    12-02-2013 09:40 PM
    Motorola Mobility ‏@Motorola 33s
    If were not live by 9:30 PM ET tonight, we'll offer the price promo @ Noon ET on Wed and again on Mon 12/9, doubling the devices available.
    Expand
    LOL I've never seen a company do this..........."IF we're not live by "
    UJ95x likes this.
    12-02-2013 09:49 PM
    Motorola Mobility ‏@Motorola 32s
    Our Moto X Moto Maker offer will go live at 12 ET on Wed and again on Monday. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    The x is a great device and I love Motorola but this whole thing has been a disaster.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Mac58 likes this.
    12-02-2013 09:53 PM
    Pathetic execution. Someone in charge of their website seriously needs to be out of a job by Friday. This is an inexcusable embarrassment to Motorola. If they wanted to get their devices in the hands of as many people as possible and went to this extent (selling at wholesale cost instead of retail) and they failed to even have their website operate at all (it was not due to "traffic"), then someone needs to be pounding the pavement for a new job elsewhere. This debacle cost Moto a lot in terms of potential revenue and consumer confidence.
    JoeNM84 and XDCX like this.
    12-02-2013 10:05 PM
    Pathetic execution. Someone in charge of their website seriously needs to be out of a job by Friday. This is an inexcusable embarrassment to Motorola. If they wanted to get their devices in the hands of as many people as possible and went to this extent (selling at wholesale cost instead of retail) and they failed to even have their website operate at all (it was not due to "traffic"), then someone needs to be pounding the pavement for a new job elsewhere. This debacle cost Moto a lot in terms of potential revenue and consumer confidence.
    I agree and it is sad, but heads need to roll. The people in charge of their website need to be out of a job.
    12-02-2013 10:09 PM
    Dont know if it was said but do you think this was some kind of way to gage interest so they could have sufficient units? Or if just to see sort of the response? Probably not but anything is possible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    12-02-2013 10:16 PM
    Dont know if it was said but do you think this was some kind of way to gage interest so they could have sufficient units? Probably not but anything is possible

Doubt it. Someone messed up.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-02-2013 10:17 PM
    I really don't understand their problem. They said that it will be for sale at the regular price until Wednesday's sale. So obviously Motomaker works, how can changing the price be that difficult? Issue with it turning off after the limit is reached? Ok, then someone watch the sales numbers and change the price back after the limit is reached. Ugh.
    I know, it does seem odd that a price change is that difficult.
    12-02-2013 10:27 PM
    Dont know if it was said but do you think this was some kind of way to gage interest so they could have sufficient units? Or if just to see sort of the response? Probably not but anything is possible

Not a chance. You don't do something like this to drum up interest. This kind of thing just angers your potential customers and there is no way Motorola would think anything other than that. This was a fail of epic proportions.
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-02-2013 10:28 PM
    I believe this is all planned. Create a huge sale, get their names out, "delay" and have excuses to extend the sale. As many people have noted, there is no reason for it to be this hard for Motorola to do a simple price change. How hard can it be really? How long has Motorola planned this sale? Either way, I hope people who wanted a Moto x get their phone.
    No way. No company wants to make themselves look like laughingstocks and idiots in the face of their competitors. There have been plenty of impatient people in here who have said they'll just go with an N5 or a G2 today - that's not positive publicity for Motorola.
    12-02-2013 10:46 PM
    No way. No company wants to make themselves look like laughingstocks and idiots in the face of their competitors.
    Especially a tech company with a website problem.
    21stNow likes this.
    12-02-2013 10:47 PM
    I don't understand how the website would be down for like what, 90% of the day? I don't know, either way, I hope it gets figured out for Wednesday.
    12-02-2013 10:51 PM
    Sale for Moto maker X is going to b wed at noon and again mon same price as today. They'll add extra devices to.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    12-02-2013 10:53 PM
    Motorola just tweeted that the deal on Wednesday and Monday will be moto maker only. Developer edition is sold out. Glad I got one today. Not happy that it took 6 hours to get it though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    12-02-2013 10:55 PM
    Motorola just tweeted that the deal on Wednesday and Monday will be moto maker only. Developer edition is sold out. Glad I got one today. Not happy that it took 6 hours to get it though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Considering a lot of us waited 14+ hours for nothing, I wouldn't complain too loudly....
    cwbcpa likes this.
    12-02-2013 11:02 PM
    Blaming the techs is the easy and natural direction to go, but really management or perhaps marketing is to blame for possibly horrible communications with those in charge of the website/database. I can't imagine the IT group is that inept.
    12-02-2013 11:06 PM
    Now, people, imagine if Moto Maker would have been available to everyone at launch. It wouldn't have been pretty.
    Ry and bbycrts like this.
    12-02-2013 11:10 PM
    Blaming the techs is the easy and natural direction to go, but really management or perhaps marketing is to blame for possibly horrible communications with those in charge of the website/database. I can't imagine the IT group is that inept.
    So what are you saying, they didn't tell the IT group there was a Cyber Monday sale that would include Moto Maker and would discount the device by 30% and therefore they needed to be ready to change the price before Monday at 8am CST?

And then once 8am CST rolled around, no one told the IT group to change the price?
    UJ95x likes this.
    12-02-2013 11:12 PM
    How about on Wednesday Motorola chooses a different sign up system that let's you sign up and pay for a time slot to use a PIN for Moto maker. You buy a PIN and choose the time slot with x number of other people at the same time and maybe even day convienent for you and then we avoid a MotoMaker overload and they can focus on the PIN sign up not being overloaded which should be easier.
    21stNow likes this.
    12-02-2013 11:13 PM
    12-02-2013 11:26 PM
    Sigh- managed to get my order in with my credit card charged 3 times and get a cancellation email after a couple of hours.
    12-02-2013 11:28 PM
    They did. Wednesday and next Monday

12-02-2013 11:28 PM
    I can see a day when companies like Motorola and Google just sublet their website development and order fulfillment to Amazon. Bezos is a super-smart CEO and I bet there are a lot of companies that don't want to deal with the hassles/embarrassment of having a failed promotion. Amazon knows e-commerce and their fulfillment capabilities are the best in the industry. Who knows, maybe that's where Amazon will make their real money?
    12-02-2013 11:30 PM
    Sigh- managed to get my order in with my credit card charged 3 times and get a cancellation email after a couple of hours.
    As long as you produce the email, they will honor the promotion for you

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    12-02-2013 11:31 PM
    They did. Wednesday and next Monday

Not the same thing, what if people are unavailable those days/times? Even if they are, they have to waste more of their time to try again with no guarantee.
    12-02-2013 11:31 PM
1,266 ... 2425262728 ...