12-18-2013 12:38 AM
1,266 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    For kicks and giggles I pulled up my cart on Motorola.com and went to checkout and it won't take my payment information any ways. Keeps coming back insisting I fill in fields that I correctly filled even. So, even today I'm not sure you could order a Moto X at full price.
    12-03-2013 01:31 PM
    I don't know who in their right mind would squander an entire day to save a measly 150 bucks, as after a few fails I would be like *my time is way more important* than to sit and spin *all* day. That is on you lol.
    To people, especially young people, like college students, who have no job or only make $50 a day, $150 off is huge. It could totally be worth a day of refreshing. It might take them weeks or more to save up that much. Even from someone with a 6 figure salary, $150 is not chump change.

Posted via Android Central App
    Paisley likes this.
    12-03-2013 01:34 PM
    For kicks and giggles I pulled up my cart on Motorola.com and went to checkout and it won't take my payment information any ways. Keeps coming back insisting I fill in fields that I correctly filled even. So, even today I'm not sure you could order a Moto X at full price.
    Gives you confidence for tomorrow doesn't it?
    JET4 likes this.
    12-03-2013 01:34 PM
    Sounds like it works for you then.
    If I get "stuck" with the N5 because I can't get in on this sale then I won't be heartbroken. The N5 is a great phone but I wish it was a tad smaller. I've never been a fan of how big phones are getting and I'd even argue that 4.5" is my sweet spot still with all these fancy phones out.

I'm not sure where we will be in a year. LG G2 already went up to 5.2" and I kinda think Samsung will match that in this coming year. Unfortunately they just don't make phones with that great one handed feel like the Moto X is to me. I may be stuck buying an iPhone next year, who knows.
    12-03-2013 01:37 PM
    Gives you confidence for tomorrow doesn't it?
    I considered just getting one full price to get in at the head of the and avoid the crush on Wednesday (I was prepared to pay the full price anyway). Seems it may not matter even if I want to give them MORE money than the sale. They just don't want to take my money!
    12-03-2013 01:37 PM
    Wow, that's bad.
    12-03-2013 01:42 PM
    I considered just getting one full price to get in at the head of the and avoid the crush on Wednesday (I was prepared to pay the full price anyway). Seems it may not matter even if I want to give them MORE money than the sale. They just don't want to take my money!
    Ha. The manufacturing plant should be churning out a bunch of developer editions or something right now since nobody can get the custom ones. Either that or they are sitting around playing with fresh Moto X's while they wait for orders to actually get through.
    12-03-2013 01:43 PM
    To people, especially young people, like college students, who have no job or only make $50 a day, $150 off is huge. It could totally be worth a day of refreshing. It might take them weeks or more to save up that much. Even from someone with a 6 figure salary, $150 is not chump change.

Posted via Android Central App
    I get it, poor or not it is a great deal.....but hardly worth making a fuss over when moto has done more than make it right. If people wasted their day, productivity, or mind doing the same thing expecting different results, that is *completely* on *them* and they can waste today bickering about it too. It is pointless and futile. Moto made it right! Rejoice! And most of all do not waste thine day hitting the refresh button for anything lol.
    12-03-2013 01:43 PM
    If I get "stuck" with the N5 because I can't get in on this sale then I won't be heartbroken. The N5 is a great phone but I wish it was a tad smaller. I've never been a fan of how big phones are getting and I'd even argue that 4.5" is my sweet spot still with all these fancy phones out.

I'm not sure where we will be in a year. LG G2 already went up to 5.2" and I kinda think Samsung will match that in this coming year. Unfortunately they just don't make phones with that great one handed feel like the Moto X is to me. I may be stuck buying an iPhone next year, who knows.
    That is the biggest reason I'm going with the Moto X over the N5. I think 4.7" is pretty spot on for screen size since the X's bezel is non-existent and the Moto X has a better design language than the N5. My biggest challenge is over screen quality and I can see a difference between the N5 and Moto X. My baseline for "good" is my wife's Samsung S4 and the Moto X is in the same ballpark as the S4 but it can't touch the N5 for screen quality.
    12-03-2013 01:45 PM
    Might be a problem with integration with the Motorola credit offer. I'm taking advantage of the 12-mo. no payment deal so I can order it now and pay it off when the annual X-Mas bonus comes through later this month.
    JoeNM84 likes this.
    12-03-2013 01:48 PM
    That is the biggest reason I'm going with the Moto X over the N5. I think 4.7" is pretty spot on for screen size since the X's bezel is non-existent and the Moto X has a better design language than the N5. My biggest challenge is over screen quality and I can see a difference between the N5 and Moto X. My baseline for "good" is my wife's Samsung S4 and the Moto X is in the same ballpark as the S4 but it can't touch the N5 for screen quality.
    Yea, the aesthetics of the X is dead on. I rly hope if and when they make an X2 that they keep the same feel to it and simply add interchangeable backs like the G and wireless charging. Otherwise this is VERY close to the perfect phone for my needs.

I've never cared much about screens. As long as I can see it outside in the FL sun then I don't mind what they look like. The N5 is nice and maybe I can see some differences if a phone is right next to it. But it's been a very long time since I've seen a pixel so pixel counts don't matter to me and after time I forget what my old phone screen even looks like. I don't even remember the last time I had something that was untolerable.
    bigdaddytee likes this.
    12-03-2013 01:50 PM
    You obviously aren't reading what people are saying. We didn't KNOW we would be spending that much time ahead of time. We were being strung along with "soon". After already investing an hour, people thought soon meant less than another hour, which of course turned into more hours, being strung along with more "soons".
    I totally understand - but in my experience "soon" is a place holder that is used to keep someone strung along. I guess it worked.

(Ask my kids what "soon" means...)
    12-03-2013 01:54 PM
    Might be a problem with integration with the Motorola credit offer. I'm taking advantage of the 12-mo. no payment deal so I can order it now and pay it off when the annual X-Mas bonus comes through later this month.
    Yeah I plan on taking advantage of the 12 months no interest as well. Does anyone know if anyone that got the Dev Ed. used Motorola's financing?

Edit: Is there any way to add my Motorola account to my payment options before hand? I couldn't get it to work yesterday in between hitting refresh.
    12-03-2013 02:12 PM
    Hoping tomorrow is better than yesterday. I tried to get the phone and won't let that one bad experience stop me from trying again tomorrow. I have the phone in my cart ready to go. Only curios on how many phones they mean when they say:

We will double the quantity of phones available, while supplies last

The key phrase is "while supplies last" which could see an early rush on the site and possibly overwhelming it again. Hope not.
    12-03-2013 02:25 PM
    Why am I able to create and order a moto x phone for verizon now with ease? Of course now it's 549.99 for 32gb.
    Because they were able to fix the problem but, out of fairness, didn't want the sale to start at midnight?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    12-03-2013 02:33 PM
    Exactly - moto maker wasn't the problem; it was checking out at the reduced price that was the problem
    No, it wasn't. Or you wouldn't have been able to buy that dev edition.

Ry likes this.
    12-03-2013 02:34 PM
    Wow, that's bad.
    Or intentional. They don't want people buying them right now.

12-03-2013 02:36 PM
    Or intentional. They don't want people buying them right now.

If people are having problems buying today, it's not intentional, as their apology said the following:

Please note that MotoMaker.com will open up for regular business tomorrow (Tuesday, December 3). We will stay the course on our regular sales as we restore our promotional prices for Wednesday and Monday.
    12-03-2013 02:49 PM
    If people are having problems buying today, it's not intentional, as their apology said the following:
    Interesting. I wonder if they changed the date on that, because that definitely wasn't up yesterday. Regardless, motomaker itself wasn't up last night until 12:30, and it wasn't taking orders.

12-03-2013 02:55 PM
    Interesting. I wonder if they changed the date on that, because that definitely wasn't up yesterday. Regardless, motomaker itself wasn't up last night until 12:30, and it wasn't taking orders.

I think their is some confusion, my "Wow, that's bad" post that you quoted was me replying to someone who said they were unable to buy a moto x using motomaker today at full price.
    12-03-2013 02:59 PM
    Even from someone with a 6 figure salary, $150 is not chump change.
    Especially if they have 4 kids and are paying for 6 cell phones, 6 health insurance premiums, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it wasn't. Or you wouldn't have been able to buy that dev edition.
    Ya, it was - the problem was checking out a customized phone at a reduced price. The problem was NOT customizing the phone.
    12-03-2013 03:40 PM
    I just chatted with Verizon, they said I can't add a line to my plan since it is an old single line plan. If I had an old share plan with unlimited data then I could add a new line without losing unlimited, but I don't qualify since mine is a single line plan. So I guess that possible plan went out the window.
    People have done it. You need to get the right rep on the phone and they have to find the right code. Go ask on the thread in the verizon forum, not here. They are literally experts on that thread on the various ways to do this like poster dpham00. However, your plan price will increase because unlimited texting is now $30 instead of $20 and if you have unlimited minutes, that will increase. Also 450 minutes is not offered on a family share plan.

You also can combine your line with your wife's into a family plan and then add a line, which would be more economical anyhow.
    12-03-2013 03:44 PM
    Everyone is losing sight on how great the Moto X is...how fantastic they did rolling out KITKAT before some NEXUS devices ! And the fact that they are giving you two days now to get one....yea, inconvenience...but the end result...a KITKAT MOTOX is worth it......Motorola is not valued based on a down webpage, but the fact of the best product, fast software updates and going the extra mile.

chill
    For some of us, this isn't our first negative experience with Motorola. I had sworn off ever buying another Motorola phone again, but I wanted to give the company another chance now that 10 years have passed and Google now owns the company. This wasn't a good impression for the company to make, no matter how happy their customers are. Not only were there problems (easily forgiven), there was horrible communication (saying the site was up when it wasn't), people who had orders that went through the checkout at the full price instead of the sale price, and bad communication throughout the day (communication happened through a different Twitter account than what was linked from the website).

All of this adds up to Motorola doesn't care about the customer experience at all. It doesn't give me faith that the products are any better after all of this time, either. I am reconsidering my purchase of the Moto X because of this.
    12-03-2013 04:05 PM
    For some of us, this isn't our first negative experience with Motorola. I had sworn off ever buying another Motorola phone again, but I wanted to give the company another chance now that 10 years have passed and Google now owns the company. This wasn't a good impression for the company to make, no matter how happy their customers are. Not only were there problems (easily forgiven), there was horrible communication (saying the site was up when it wasn't), people who had orders that went through the checkout at the full price instead of the sale price, and bad communication throughout the day (communication happened through a different Twitter account than what was linked from the website).

All of this adds up to Motorola doesn't care about the customer experience at all. It doesn't give me faith that the products are any better after all of this time, either. I am reconsidering my purchase of the Moto X because of this.
    To be fair Google has terrible support also. I hate that this happened and I think it shows some incompetence but at the end of the day it's the product that is going to do the talking and not how I bought the product.

They tried something new, it's like Google. They do things that are NEW and groundbreaking. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. This doesn't happen to other companies because they go through store channels and just sell things regularly. Should they have been prepared for this? Absolutely, but what it comes down to is they F'ed up. We will see if they can make up for it tomorrow and Monday. Life's about second chances right?
    12-03-2013 04:16 PM
    To be fair Google has terrible support also. I hate that this happened and I think it shows some incompetence but at the end of the day it's the product that is going to do the talking and not how I bought the product.

They tried something new, it's like Google. They do things that are NEW and groundbreaking. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. This doesn't happen to other companies because they go through store channels and just sell things regularly. Should they have been prepared for this? Absolutely, but what it comes down to is they F'ed up. We will see if they can make up for it tomorrow and Monday. Life's about second chances right?
    Agree.....I forgive moto. They were not ready for that kind of traffic, but now they *must* deliver lol.
    12-03-2013 04:24 PM
1,266 ... 2829303132 ...