12-17-2013 11:38 PM
1,266 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    Does anybody know if you'll be able to check out something that's already in your cart when the sale goes live, or do you have to add the phone to the cart after the sale goes live?
    jephanie likes this.
    12-03-2013 03:31 PM
    To be fair Google has terrible support also. I hate that this happened and I think it shows some incompetence but at the end of the day it's the product that is going to do the talking and not how I bought the product.

They tried something new, it's like Google. They do things that are NEW and groundbreaking. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. This doesn't happen to other companies because they go through store channels and just sell things regularly. Should they have been prepared for this? Absolutely, but what it comes down to is they F'ed up. We will see if they can make up for it tomorrow and Monday. Life's about second chances right?
    I agree with you on Google's support.

Part of the point of my post is that the experience doesn't give me much faith in the products, even though the two concepts should be unrelated. The more I think about it, the more I think that I will pass this offer up and concentrate on how to get a Jolla in the US.
    12-03-2013 03:33 PM
    To be fair Google has terrible support also. I hate that this happened and I think it shows some incompetence but at the end of the day it's the product that is going to do the talking and not how I bought the product.

They tried something new, it's like Google. They do things that are NEW and groundbreaking. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. This doesn't happen to other companies because they go through store channels and just sell things regularly. Should they have been prepared for this? Absolutely, but what it comes down to is they F'ed up. We will see if they can make up for it tomorrow and Monday. Life's about second chances right?
    anyone new to online device store faces these issues. Google had similar issues with N4/N7 but they learned their lesson.
    Nexus 5/nexus 7 2013 order/shipping process was smooth.

I think moto store will improve over time
    12-03-2013 03:58 PM
    Does anybody know if you'll be able to check out something that's already in your cart when the sale goes live, or do you have to add the phone to the cart after the sale goes live?
    I would think you just have to Refresh and that should update price. If that doesn't work save it with your log in, sign out and sign back in. It should save the moto x you chose.
    12-03-2013 04:00 PM
    I'm starting to have little faith that I'll actually get this thing ordered tomorrow. Tried one more time to get past the payment entry screen using my Motorola credit account and still can't get past that to the review order screen trying to order a Moto X at it's regular price. I'm starting to think that even if they have this thing fixed tomorrow I still won't get my order end due to issues utilizing the Motorola credit offer.
    12-03-2013 04:10 PM
    Their order submission process must still be FUBAR. I can't order a Chromecast dongle with my debit card either.
    12-03-2013 04:13 PM
    anyone new to online device store faces these issues. Google had similar issues with N4/N7 but they learned their lesson.
    Nexus 5/nexus 7 2013 order/shipping process was smooth.

I think moto store will improve over time
    I don't want to derail this thread, but I see people reference the problems with ordering the Nexus 4 quite often. I don't remember having excessive problems ordering the Nexus 4. I missed the first round of product availability, but I was able to order when the second wave of ordering started. What were the problems that people reference with the Nexus 4?
    12-03-2013 05:43 PM
    I don't want to derail this thread, but I see people reference the problems with ordering the Nexus 4 quite often. I don't remember having excessive problems ordering the Nexus 4. I missed the first round of product availability, but I was able to order when the second wave of ordering started. What were the problems that people reference with the Nexus 4?
    It was similar to this experience, except orders were actually trickling through. A lot of orders that went through though were backordered for a month or more. The Nexus 5 launch went very smooth comparatively. There were still people complaining that others who ordered 2 minutes after them got their shipping confirmation an hour earlier , but for the most part it was executed pretty well.

I don't think it's possible for any company to have a perfect launch. I'm sure people would complain if there was an Amazon Prime Air drone that landed in their front yard with the product a moment after the Submit Order button was clicked. Too far from the house, too loud, should've been there earlier...
    21stNow likes this.
    12-03-2013 05:55 PM
    It was similar to this experience, except orders were actually trickling through. A lot of orders that went through though were backordered for a month or more. The Nexus 5 launch went very smooth comparatively. There were still people complaining that others who ordered 2 minutes after them got their shipping confirmation an hour earlier , but for the most part it was executed pretty well.

I don't think it's possible for any company to have a perfect launch. I'm sure people would complain if there was an Amazon Prime Air drone that landed in their front yard with the product a moment after the Submit Order button was clicked. Too far from the house, too loud, should've been there earlier...
    It's too bad that this wasn't a product launch, this was just a sale months after the phone came out.
    But on a more positive note, anyone doing the engraving on the back? I was thinking of a saying or something, definitely not my name.
    12-03-2013 06:01 PM
    I couldn't agree more about the wireless charging. I'm not sure if I would want to give that up, as it is very convenient.
    I still miss that feature of the pre
    12-03-2013 06:01 PM
    I still miss that feature of the pre
    Touchstone was the bomb. *sigh*

trying to wiggle my moto off the dock throughout day...not so much.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-03-2013 06:14 PM
    It's too bad that this wasn't a product launch, this was just a sale months after the phone came out.
    But on a more positive note, anyone doing the engraving on the back? I was thinking of a saying or something, definitely not my name.
    and you'd think the companies are closely enough related they would have picked up on a little something. lol. Maybe the parent company didn't want to share their lessons with the new company they bought. lol.
    12-03-2013 06:18 PM
    Some info about tomorrow

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/20...most-here.html

Posted via Android Central App
    Mac58 likes this.
    12-03-2013 07:28 PM
    All I'm going to say is that this is close to my idea I posted last night...
    The Official Motorola Blog: Our 2-Day Holiday sale is almost here.

How about on Wednesday Motorola chooses a different sign up system that let's you sign up and pay for a time slot to use a PIN for Moto maker. You buy a PIN and choose the time slot with x number of other people at the same time and maybe even day convienent for you and then we avoid a MotoMaker overload and they can focus on the PIN sign up not being overloaded which should be easier.
    jephanie likes this.
    12-03-2013 07:29 PM
    All I'm going to say is that this is close to my idea I posted last night...
    The Official Motorola Blog: Our 2-Day Holiday sale is almost here.
    But what happens when people register for a code than never buy the phone? Does that eat up one of the limited quantities available?
    12-03-2013 07:37 PM
    But what happens when people register for a code than never buy the phone? Does that eat up one of the limited quantities available?
    Most likely. Or when someone goes and sells the code on eBay. If you made them pay for the code (my idea) then at least they wouldn't be making $100+ on ebay whereas now they will be if anyone does it.
    12-03-2013 07:41 PM
    Most likely. Or when someone goes and sells the code on eBay.
    yeah, that is the flaw in the system.

If you made them pay for the code (my idea) then at least they wouldn't be making $100+ on ebay whereas now they will be if anyone does it.
    they should have made people put a $150 refundable deposit down to get the code. Then if they didn't buy the phone, they would have the deposit refunded to their credit card. If they did buy the phone, it would be credited toward the sale price.

Also, instead of Wednesday and Monday with 1 week to get the phone, it should have been Wednesday and Wednesday so they could issue more codes based on the number not used but issued on the first Wednesday.
    Lincoln likes this.
    12-03-2013 08:03 PM
    yeah, that is the flaw in the system.

they should have made people put a $150 refundable deposit down to get the code. Then if they didn't buy the phone, they would have the deposit refunded to their credit card. If they did buy the phone, it would be credited toward the sale price.

Also, instead of Wednesday and Monday with 1 week to get the phone, it should have been Wednesday and Wednesday so they could issue more codes based on the number not used but issued on the first Wednesday.
    These ideas make so much sense, that's probably why they didn't do them.

Only think I would change is make it a non-refundable deposit. What's to stop someone tomorrow from putting in tons of email addresses (real or fake) to take all the codes? Anyone with a website can make emails so quick and easy. There's many flaws in this system... I just hope anyone with malicious intend isn't smart enough to think about those or read these forums
    12-03-2013 08:07 PM
    I don't know this all sounds rather pointless to me. How is it helping anyone?...if you are on the site in time to get a code...just order the phone! Why do you need or want to come back to the site at a later time to complete the transaction?
    If I get a code I am just going to place my order, but now I have another hoop to jump through.

In my opinion this does one thing only. It alleviates the load on the moto-maker app IF people spread out their orders over time. The only system (they hope) under heavy load is the coupon code generating system.
    12-03-2013 08:18 PM
    I don't know this all sounds rather pointless to me. How is it helping anyone?...if you are on the site in time to get a code...just order the phone! Why do you need or want to come back to the site at a later time to complete the transaction?
    If I get a code I am just going to place my order, but now I have another hoop to jump through.

In my opinion this does one thing only. It alleviates the load on the moto-maker app IF people spread out their orders over time. The only system (they hope) under heavy load is the coupon code generating system.
    Or if they set the emails to send in wave batches every 30 minutes then they can force stagger it.
    12-03-2013 08:22 PM
    What's the over/under on number of codes that appear on ebay tomorrow? :P

Edit: I can also see people having family and friends try to register, too, just to make sure they get a code, and then there will be wasted codes.
    12-03-2013 08:32 PM
    I had this same problem with trying to purchase the closeout sale of a HP Tablet. It took two hours to purchase the tablet, but not through the web. I was only able to get through to HP by redialing its phone number on my phone with a redial feature. Even so, it took about 45 minutes of redialing to get through. HP had a overload of people on its website and phone system. If I remember right, HP had an inventory of less than 400,000 of the tablets. HP sold PC, printers and supplies in its website for years and yet it suffered a overload of its website with only an inventory of 400,000 item to sell plus its normal web traffic.
    12-03-2013 08:42 PM
    I had this same problem with trying to purchase the closeout sale of a HP Tablet. It took two hours to purchase the tablet, but not through the web. I was only able to get through to HP by redialing its phone number on my phone with a redial feature. Even so, it took about 45 minutes of redialing to get through. HP had a overload of people on its website and phone system. If I remember right, HP had an inventory of less than 400,000 of the tablets. HP sold PC, printers and supplies in its website for years and yet it suffered a overload of its website with only an inventory of 400,000 item to sell plus its normal web traffic.
    That's not what happened here. People were able to get through the check out at the full price during the period of time the sale was supposed to be on. The problem was getting Moto to update the price to the sale price.
    12-03-2013 08:50 PM
    not really, Motorola under-anticipated the demand and didn't load test properly on this moto maker site
    12-03-2013 08:56 PM
    not really, Motorola under-anticipated the demand and didn't load test properly on this moto maker site
    people could and did check out customized phones at the full price during the supposed sale time. Go back to earlier pages in this thread and you will see.
    frank33v likes this.
    12-03-2013 08:58 PM
1,266 ... 2930313233 ...