12-18-2013 12:38 AM
1,266 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Where did you read that it starts at 8 am? Just curious?
    It says so on the Motorola website.
    11-29-2013 12:07 AM
    If I was to walk into a verizon store and buy a moto maker redemption code, I wonder if they would sell it for the cyber Monday price? I have one of the Trade Up phones and according to the trade up program website I have to go through verizon for that program.
    11-29-2013 12:14 AM
    If I was to walk into a verizon store and buy a moto maker redemption code, I wonder if they would sell it for the cyber Monday price? I have one of the Trade Up phones and according to the trade up program website I have to go through verizon for that program.
    No they wouldn't. It's an online only thing.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-29-2013 12:39 AM
    Amazon wireless is selling the Verizon Moto X black for 1 cent. I won't get to customize it, but that is probably the easiest thing for me to do since I have an upgrade available. I want to check out the phone in person, do you think that price will last through Cyber Monday?
    11-29-2013 12:53 AM
    A lot of the ones already here are very stubborn
    We are set in our ways, could be the kool-aid. :-)
    11-29-2013 02:01 AM
    It says so on the Motorola website.

Ah. Thanks lol. I guess I'll be waking up at 6AM
    11-29-2013 02:49 AM
    Ah. Thanks lol. I guess I'll be waking up at 6AM
    I'll just go to best buy and do the price match lol

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile
    11-29-2013 03:12 AM
    Hey all....correct me if I am wrong on this but reading through this thread (and others) it seems like the difference between the Tmo 32gb and the DE is:

DE: 1 color option & retains warranty after boot loader unlock

Tmo: Motomaker customization but unlocking boot loader voids warranty

Truth?

I would prefer a custom handset but I know I'll end up unlocking and if it is going to cost me my warranty I'll just get the DE.

11-29-2013 03:13 AM
    I'll just go to best buy and do the price match lol

I want to get a moto maker version. To me it's the coolest thing about this phone. Now to decide on colors.
    11-29-2013 04:03 AM
    We are set in our ways, could be the kool-aid. :-)
    That's a nice way of saying it lol. At least you're using an Android tablet and thinking about a phone
    11-29-2013 06:37 AM
    Hey all....correct me if I am wrong on this but reading through this thread (and others) it seems like the difference between the Tmo 32gb and the DE is:

Truth?

I would prefer a custom handset but I know I'll end up unlocking and if it is going to cost me my warranty I'll just get the DE.

Seems correct. I haven't seen anybody actually confirm that the T-Mobile version loses warranty on unlock, but the wording of all the recent info from Motorola sure makes it appear that only Dev Ed keeps warranty after unlock.

Sent from my XT1053
    Sophos likes this.
    11-29-2013 07:20 AM

Truth?

Also, the Dev. Ed. will get its OS updates from Moto, whereas the TMO version may have to have authorization from TMO before an update is sent out. I've been looking around for confirmation of this and haven't found the answer.
    Sophos likes this.
    11-29-2013 08:59 AM
    I want to get a moto maker version. To me it's the coolest thing about this phone. Now to decide on colors.
    I'm just thinking of buying and selling so I can get a nexus 5. Anyone want a Moto X right now? Lol

benhmadison likes this.
    11-29-2013 10:28 AM
    Is there gonna be a activation fee from sprint? It's a new phone but it's not bought from them.
    11-29-2013 11:14 AM
    Correct.
    You could very well be right, however every time I've upgraded a phone with amazon or wirefly I was charged the upgrade fee. . .
    11-29-2013 11:40 AM
    You could very well be right, however every time I've upgraded a phone with amazon or wirefly I was charged the upgrade fee. . .
    I don't know why this is so difficult to understand. You're NOT upgrading if you're buying a phone at full retail. If you are going through Amazon or Wirefly and are getting a phone at a discounted price, then you are UPGRADING and signing a new contract. If you buy from the carrier or manufacturer at full retail cost (or discounted cost in the case of the Moto sale on Monday), then you are NOT UPGRADING your device/contract with the carrier.

It is that simple.
    11-29-2013 12:24 PM
    Thinking of buying and selling my iPhone 5 hmmmm
    tippmann15 likes this.
    11-29-2013 12:46 PM
    I'm dropping N5 for this thingy if I can get in on the deal before it goes splat. Anyone have any opinions on the buds they sell? Looks like they will be 30% off and I believe that brings the total price down to $28 or so?
    11-29-2013 01:11 PM
    I'm dropping N5 for this thingy if I can get in on the deal before it goes splat. Anyone have any opinions on the buds they sell? Looks like they will be 30% off and I believe that brings the total price down to $28 or so?
    Wanna trade nexus for moto?

11-29-2013 02:01 PM
    Wanna trade nexus for moto?

Nah, I rly have to put it through it's paces before I sell the N5 to make sure it's what I want to do. I'm about 95% sure I'd rather have the X but I rly wish they added wireless charging in it. Been using it with the N5 and its sooooo nice.
    11-29-2013 02:06 PM
    Any phone you buy off contract doesn't have the upgrade fee. I buy and sell phones all the time. If I got charged 30 bucks every time, there's no way I would be able to do it. You can have two phones and swap SIMs. And they aren't charging you each time you swap.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    11-29-2013 02:27 PM
    So was clicking through the moto X site and found an additional difference between the Tmo and DE.

If you sign in with your Google account to checkout Motorola offers you a $10 Google Play Credit with the Tmo version but not the DE. It's not much but if anyone was on the fence about which to get it's another check on the Tmo side.

weksa likes this.
    11-29-2013 02:27 PM
    Looks like the original Droid isn't on the list of eligible trade-ins
    Nope, that's for all of them.

Looks like you can go here to do it:

Motorola - A Google Company

Hrmm, looking closer that seems to be specifically if you are getting a Verizon device.
    Is the trade-in program detailed on the Moto site?

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app
    So on the trade-up site there are two options for what phone you intend to buy. If you pick a Verizon Moto X, it instructs you to go to the store. After several hours in the store and on the phone with Verizon, it appears they have no way for Verizon to honor the rebate on a MotoMaker-bought phone.

So I talked with Motorola about this problem, and they instructed me to pick "Moto X - Other Carriers" as my new phone so that it would set me up to ship the phone directly to them. All the paperwork went through without a problem and I don't expect any delays in getting the Visa card... but still it might be worth calling them and confirming the process ahead of time so that there are no hiccups when they receive the old phone.
    jephanie, weksa and alphabets like this.
    11-29-2013 03:37 PM
    So on the trade-up site there are two options for what phone you intend to buy. If you pick a Verizon Moto X, it instructs you to go to the store. After several hours in the store and on the phone with Verizon, it appears they have no way for Verizon to honor the rebate on a MotoMaker-bought phone.

So I talked with Motorola about this problem, and they instructed me to pick "Moto X - Other Carriers" as my new phone so that it would set me up to ship the phone directly to them. All the paperwork went through without a problem and I don't expect any delays in getting the Visa card... but still it might be worth calling them and confirming the process ahead of time so that there are no hiccups when they receive the old phone.
    While I'm not positive, I think the reason there's confusion is because there are two different programs that are going on.

As I understand it, Verizon is offering a "Trade-in" program that didn't look that great when I studied it - a person would be better off selling their phone on their own. The other program is offered by Motorola and it provides a $100 Gift Card to people who buy a new Motorola smartphone and trade-in an eligible device - in this case the eligible devices are the phones that didn't get an upgrade to Jelly Bean.

I recall the controversy when Motorola, just after Google took control, indicated that all of their resources were being directed toward future devices and accordingly some recent phones were not going to be upgraded to Jelly Bean. As a peace offering Motorola offered the $100 trade-in program mentioned above.
    weksa likes this.
    11-29-2013 03:53 PM
    Does Verizon whack you with a $35 Upgrade Fee when you buy an off-contract phone to replace your existing device?

I remember I never paid the fee when I replaced my last device with an off-contract phone but that was so long ago it may have been before Verizon implemented the Upgrade Fee.
    No buying full retail you Dont get charged those stupid fees.
    11-29-2013 04:33 PM
1,266 ... 23456 ...