12-17-2013 11:38 PM
1,266 ... 4546474849 ...
tools
    What time and day did yours ship? Mine shipped at 3:58 PM Thursday, it is stuck in Ft. Worth still! They said I might get it tomorrow if it makes it to Memphis's sorting facility tonight. And from there I think it will go to Rockford, IL where it will go out for delivery. If yours went out when mine did I don't get how yours would get to Chicago when mine can't even leave Texas.
    Well, in my excitement I totally misread the tracking (*****, I know--it says exactly where it's located). It never left Fort Worth until today.
    12-09-2013 09:26 AM
    Well, in my excitement I totally misread the tracking (*****, I know--it says exactly where it's located). It never left Fort Worth until today.
    Yeah, we should get them tomorrow. *Fingers crossed*
    mbar9607 likes this.
    12-09-2013 12:40 PM
    Just a reminder...If you register on the FedEx site, you will receive *accurate* shipping info on items shipped to you although it may not say who the shipper actually is.
    mbar9607 likes this.
    12-09-2013 01:21 PM
    Anyone having issues placing an order? My cousin gave me his code to use and when I go to enter it just tells me to "please enter a valid code". He tried it on his PC and the code was valid so it should be working but I'm not having any luck. I tried doing it on another computer and in two different browsers and in incognito mode in a new account and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App
    If you are using a code someone else registered for, you MUST checkout as a guest or it will not work. You cannot be signed into your Motorola account at all.
    12-09-2013 05:04 PM
    Exactly my situation as well. I'm guessing that we can expect delays of up to 4 or 5 days beyond the original delivery estimate as that's about the period of time that road travel has been extremely hazardous here in Fort Worth, TX. I'm about 20 minutes away from the Flextronics plant where the Moto X is assembled and I haven't even attempted to drive since last Thursday. Going to try to drive to the office today though as things are slowly improving. Could also see delays on the destination end like the northeast US where snowstorms are now hitting.
    Mine too. No updates at all since they sent the 'it may be delayed due to the weather'. I understand that the weather is rough, but it shouldn't be taking this long. (Before anyone spouts off, I live in Chicago, and have lived through several ice storms that were worse than what is going on right now.)
    12-09-2013 05:07 PM
    Mine too. No updates at all since they sent the 'it may be delayed due to the weather'. I understand that the weather is rough, but it shouldn't be taking this long. (Before anyone spouts off, I live in Chicago, and have lived through several ice storms that were worse than what is going on right now.)
    I haven't heard anything since the 'We're assembling it' email.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    12-09-2013 05:44 PM
    I understand that the weather is rough, but it shouldn't be taking this long. (Before anyone spouts off, I live in Chicago, and have lived through several ice storms that were worse than what is going on right now.)
    It does always crack me up when people in the south or southwest freak out about snow or ice. They'd have aneurysms if they had to deal what we deal with in Chicago. Remember the blizzard from what--two years ago? That was like driving through snow drifts as they were forming around the car.
    ajonesma likes this.
    12-09-2013 05:51 PM
    It does always crack me up when people in the south or southwest freak out about snow or ice. They'd have aneurysms if they had to deal what we deal with in Chicago. Remember the blizzard from what--two years ago? That was like driving through snow drifts as they were forming around the car.
    Yup. I've been through an ice storm in Michigan that shut down some roads for a couple days. We still had class and people went about their business like it was no big deal. Same with the blizzard. It was what, 20 inches of snow in less than 12 hours? And stuff was shutdown for a single day afterwards, and that was only because the plows couldn't keep up with the snow so you couldn't go anywhere even if you wanted. But the second day afterwards and everything was back to normal. I get it, it's ice. Welcome to what the Midwest deals with for a quarter of the year.
    12-09-2013 05:56 PM
    Yes, but the city is probably prepared for this kind of thing. I live in a town in north Texas that has about 35,000 people. The city only has 4 trucks and only two of them have a plow on the front. Two trucks for 35,000 people. Most of the major highways were shut down because people kept driving on them and getting stuck. There were so many semis that were stuck, no one could get onto the roads to treat or clear them. We have over three inches of ice that no one knows how to drive on and the temps haven't been above freezing in five days. So it may not be a big deal to someone living in Chicago, but it's a big deal down here. This usually doesn't happen for us.
    dmark44, 21stNow, jephanie and 2 others like this.
    12-09-2013 05:58 PM
    Just a reminder...If you register on the FedEx site, you will receive *accurate* shipping info on items shipped to you although it may not say who the shipper actually is.
    Care to explain how this works? I registered on the site, but I don't see any place where I can track shipments without a tracking number.
    12-09-2013 06:00 PM
    Care to explain how this works? I registered on the site, but I don't see any place where I can track shipments without a tracking number.
    type Fedex delivery manager into google and you will hit on this link:

FedEx Delivery Manager - Customize Your Home Delivery

Then sign up for an account.
    12-09-2013 06:05 PM
    I'm registered on the site and have a profile, etc, but where can I see if any packages are coming to me without a tracking number?
    12-09-2013 06:07 PM
    I'm registered on the site and have a profile, etc, but where can I see if any packages are coming to me without a tracking number?
    You have to sign up for the FedEx delivery manager here:
    FedEx Delivery Manager - Customize Your Home Delivery
    Tony Rizzo likes this.
    12-09-2013 06:14 PM
    Same here, in Detroit. I've been laughing at everything that shut down in Texas do to that snow and ice...lol
    12-09-2013 07:06 PM
    Same here, in Detroit. I've been laughing at everything that shut down in Texas do to that snow and ice...lol
    I haven't been laughing at them, but I do roll my eyes when they whine about how 'bad' it is.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    12-09-2013 07:20 PM
    I have one more cyber Monday code available. PM me asap since it expires in a day.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    12-09-2013 07:26 PM
    Yes, but the city is probably prepared for this kind of thing. I live in a town in north Texas that has about 35,000 people. The city only has 4 trucks and only two of them have a plow on the front. Two trucks for 35,000 people. Most of the major highways were shut down because people kept driving on them and getting stuck. There were so many semis that were stuck, no one could get onto the roads to treat or clear them. We have over three inches of ice that no one knows how to drive on and the temps haven't been above freezing in five days. So it may not be a big deal to someone living in Chicago, but it's a big deal down here. This usually doesn't happen for us.
    You nailed it. The South is not prepared for winter weather. And since it happens so rarely, it's not worth getting a whole system in place to deal with it. I grew up in Wisconsin, and we rarely shut down for more than a few hours.
    12-09-2013 08:45 PM
    I remember that blizzard very well. I had a 3 foot snow drift blocking my garage door.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    12-09-2013 08:55 PM
    You nailed it. The South is not prepared for winter weather. And since it happens so rarely, it's not worth getting a whole system in place to deal with it. I grew up in Wisconsin, and we rarely shut down for more than a few hours.
    Precisely. The city of Chicago has its weather weaknesses, as well. The heat wave of 1995 killed more than 700 people in Chicago over five days. I doubt that 700 people die in the entire state of Texas in a five day heat wave. Different cities have different resources and infrastructures that allow them to deal with certain things better than other cities.
    dmark44 and sydneycooper1979 like this.
    12-09-2013 09:14 PM
    Precisely. The city of Chicago has its weather weaknesses, as well. The heat wave of 1995 killed more than 700 people in Chicago over five days. I doubt that 700 people die in the entire state of Texas in a five day heat wave. Different cities have different resources and infrastructures that allow them to deal with certain things better than other cities.
    Wholeheartedly agree with this. I lived in Chicago from 1984 to 1996 and was there for that heat wave. Also lived through those winters in Chicago and agree they were nasty. Like others have said though, northern cities are prepared for this stuff with snowplows and salt. Down here in TX, because ice storms only strike during Super Bowl week and when you're waiting for a Moto X delivery, it wreaks havoc because we don't have the equipment and substances to remove or melt the ice. And for some reason, they love to build what they call "mixmasters" here where you have highway interchanges with numerous ramps that rise to towering heights and become like sled hills during ice storms. Things really do come to a screeching halt around here when we get the freezing rain like we did last Thursday/Friday, combined with temperatures that stay below freezing as it did throughout the weekend.
    sydneycooper1979 and TBolt like this.
    12-09-2013 10:39 PM
    Yeehah! Color me surprised. Woke up this morning and saw email from Moto that my Motomaker Moto X had left the building. Checked Fedex tracking and here's what I'm seeing:

Moto X cyber monday sale-motox-tracking.png

I placed my order late last Wednesday 12/4, so practically 12/5. Unless Fedex fails today, Moto will meet their original ETA of 12/10 (5 days). Impressive indeed all things considered!
    efyoiphone likes this.
    12-10-2013 05:53 AM
    Yeehah! Color me surprised. Woke up this morning and saw email from Moto that my Motomaker Moto X had left the building. Checked Fedex tracking and here's what I'm seeing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MotoX Tracking.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	96063

I placed my order late last Wednesday 12/4, so practically 12/5. Unless Fedex fails today, Moto will meet their original ETA of 12/10 (5 days). Impressive indeed all things considered!
    Well at least we know they are still alive at Flextronics

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    12-10-2013 06:35 AM
    Mine finally made it to Chicago last night. Just chatted with FedEx and was told it should be delivered today... even though it isn't even out for delivery yet. I'll be skeptical until it shows up ha.
    12-10-2013 10:06 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MotoX Tracking.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	96063

I am interested in seeing if your package leaves Dallas Fort Worth today or tonight. I just talked to FedEx this morning and they're giving me nothing but excuses.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    12-10-2013 10:10 AM
    Yeah, and one would think FedEx would add more daytime flights while the sun is out in order to handle the backlog. A multi billion dollar corporation can afford de-icing equipment too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    12-10-2013 10:16 AM
1,266 ... 4546474849 ...