12-18-2013 12:38 AM
1,266 ... 48495051
tools
    They expedited it and had it at our house by 9am, so I have no complaints (and hopefully no one put themselves in any danger at Fed Ex).
    I read where a couple other people said that Motorola said that they expidited the shipment. But I wonder if they really did anything they don't normally do anyway. I think they're shipping all of the Moto X's next day. I never contacted them at all, and it was shipped next day. I live near Philadelphia, PA, which is a long way from Fort Worth, TX!
    12-12-2013 12:17 PM
    I read where a couple other people said that Motorola said that they expidited the shipment. But I wonder if they really did anything they don't normally do anyway. I think they're shipping all of the Moto X's next day. I never contacted them at all, and it was shipped next day. I live near Philadelphia, PA, which is a long way from Fort Worth, TX!
    A lot of us have had ours shipped 2 day, I did.
    12-12-2013 12:26 PM
    My Moto email says delivery today. The FedEx site says delivery tomorrow. Ft. Worth - New Orleans, I may get it today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    12-12-2013 12:32 PM
    A lot of us have had ours shipped 2 day, I did.
    But was it shipped next day and got delayed with the storm? I'm not challenging anyone, I'm just curious. So far I had only heard of next day shipping, other than delays from the storm. Like I said I live near Philly, so you can't get too much further away from Ft. Worth than I am.
    12-12-2013 12:56 PM
    But was it shipped next day and got delayed with the storm? I'm not challenging anyone, I'm just curious. So far I had only heard of next day shipping, other than delays from the storm. Like I said I live near Philly, so you can't get too much further away from Ft. Worth than I am.
    It was shipped 2 day and got delayed by the storm. Shipped on Friday 2 day for arrival Tuesday. Didn't get picked up until Monday and arrived on Wednesday, No signature required.
    12-12-2013 01:09 PM
    Just got mine today, it was overnighted.

My MotoMaker 32GB was ordered 12/5 with estimated delivery of 12/10. I had a delay in the delivery like most and when I called to check on status yesterday I was informed that the phone would ship that day. Don't know if representative expedited the shipment or if it went out in it's standard fashion, but my phone was shipped overnight. Signature required.
    12-12-2013 02:43 PM
    my phone was shipped overnight. Signature required.
    It seems if they ship overnight, signature is required but not if they ship 2 day. There doesn't seem to be a pattern as to how they decide who gets overnight vs. 2 day shipping.
    12-12-2013 04:43 PM
    Just got mine today but seem to be running into a battery issue with Wifi eating most of my battery even when it is disabled...
    12-12-2013 05:18 PM
    This is news to me, can't wait to see what they send you.
    The first rep never emailed me the policy so I started another chat session tonight and the rep tonight gave me a link to their legal terms of sale. Here it is:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=37_7Eswx
    12-12-2013 10:53 PM
    5 am and I'm up like a kid at Xmas. Sipping coffee, hitting f5 repeatedly. As if seeing 'out for delivery' is gonna make my stress level decrease. :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    12-13-2013 06:13 AM
    5 am and I'm up like a kid at Xmas. Sipping coffee, hitting f5 repeatedly. As if seeing 'out for delivery' is gonna make my stress level decrease. :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    i know what you mean -- i checked the FedEx tracking too often. then, once i got the phone in my hand, i was like ... meh ... IT'S ONLY THE BEST DAMN SMARTPHONE (FOR WHAT I LIKE) -- EVAR! meh.

hang in there. it's coming.
    12-13-2013 09:43 AM
    I ordered mine last week Wednesday and was being built that Thursday. Then the storm came I heard nuthin for a few days. The delivery date was 10th but no confirmation about it being shipped came. Then Wednesday this week got the email it was shipped the night before. It came a day late but soo happy now. I can't complain about the service at all. So glad to be back to Moto with better battery life and great radios.

Sent from my Moto X via Tapatalk
    12-13-2013 10:00 AM
    Mine was shipped Overnight Standard. But of course that didn't matter much with the weather delays.
    12-13-2013 10:27 AM
    The first rep never emailed me the policy so I started another chat session tonight and the rep tonight gave me a link to their legal terms of sale. Here it is:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=NjKyfBIf
    Heh... That is just funny. Figured they would resort to that page... Oh well, would have been nice to see them confirm or deny the start time of return from the point you receive it or when it leaves the factory for customized Moto X's. Not like it matters to me much since I have the 30 day window. But for those who have the 14 day window and FedEx deciding to treat overnight packages like normal packages since they had that weather in Texas it would be a bit annoying.
    12-13-2013 02:46 PM
    Heh... That is just funny. Figured they would resort to that page... Oh well, would have been nice to see them confirm or deny the start time of return from the point you receive it or when it leaves the factory for customized Moto X's. Not like it matters to me much since I have the 30 day window. But for those who have the 14 day window and FedEx deciding to treat overnight packages like normal packages since they had that weather in Texas it would be a bit annoying.
    I was told the return window period begins from the day FedEx picks the package up.

I would be willing to bet that if your package was picked up by FedEx but not delivered overnight or in 2 days depending on how it shipped, they would extend the return period by that amount of time if you called them.

Also, why do they ship some overnight and some 2 day? Doesn't seem fair.
    12-13-2013 05:43 PM
    Mine errors and bootloops every time I try to update. Anyone have a link to the T-Mo factory images

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    12-13-2013 05:45 PM
    I'm on Verizon and in TX and I've got until 12/23 to decide if I want to keep it or return it. First full day of use, I was having issues as I was getting erratic and often very slow speeds on 4G LTE and I only got 15 hours of use before I had to put it on the charger. Went back down to the VZW store at lunch today and asked them to swap out the SIM and now it's doing quite a bit better. Faster speeds and battery life today on pace for 24 hour capacity, which is what it's rated at. I'm still tempted to return this one and pick up a Droid Maxx instead. The bigger screen and battery capacity is attractive to me. I'm coming from a Razr Maxx, so I'm used to not having any issues at all with battery life. But the nice size and comfortable shape of the Moto X and my customized Motomaker design is making it a tough decision.
    12-13-2013 11:38 PM
    I'm still tempted to return this one and pick up a Droid Maxx instead. The bigger screen and battery capacity is attractive to me. I'm coming from a Razr Maxx, so I'm used to not having any issues at all with battery life. But the nice size and comfortable shape of the Moto X and my customized Motomaker design is making it a tough decision.
    yeah, the Droid Maxx is attractive for the battery, there is no disputing that.

But I love the Moto x's active notifications and the always listening/touchless controls are even better after today's update - the find my phone feature is wonderful for when I am late getting out the door and I can't find my phone (which happens at least once a week)! Also, the new updates are going to make me PIN lock my phone for sure. I have never done this before and now with the trusted bluetooth and voice pin unlock, I will do it.

I bought one of those cheap mycharge trek chargers from verizon so that will help me with any extra juice I need. They are under $14 and free standard shipping:

Charger myCharge Trek 2000 (2000 mAh)
    12-13-2013 11:50 PM
    I'm still tempted to return this one and pick up a Droid Maxx instead. The bigger screen and battery capacity is attractive to me. I'm coming from a Razr Maxx, so I'm used to not having any issues at all with battery life. But the nice size and comfortable shape of the Moto X and my customized Motomaker design is making it a tough decision.
    Keep in mind that the Droids are not receiving the same level of support that the Moto X is receiving.
    12-14-2013 12:13 AM
    Keep in mind that the Droids are not receiving the same level of support that the Moto X is receiving.
    yeah, today's update to the touchless controls and PIN unlock was incredible!
    12-14-2013 12:43 AM
    anyone has an extra promotion code? please.. pm me !!
    12-14-2013 12:46 AM
    yeah, today's update to the touchless controls and PIN unlock was incredible!
    Well, that isn't really exclusive to the Moto X. It's for Motorola phones running Kit Kat. So if the Droids were running Kit Kat...
    12-14-2013 12:53 AM
    There's an entire thread for that.
    12-14-2013 12:53 AM
    Well, that isn't really exclusive to the Moto X. It's for Motorola phones running Kit Kat. So if the Droids were running Kit Kat...
    OK, but I was responding to your post about the Moto X receiving a higher level of support than the Droids. Do any Droids have Kit Kat?
    12-14-2013 01:07 AM
    I PM'ed you an unused code, please check your inbox. Don't forget to check out as a guest and let me know what color your dad got!
    Peter McCain likes this.
    12-14-2013 01:22 AM
1,266 ... 48495051