Moto X cyber monday sale

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: You might want to see the color choices in person....

I'm going with the black front and the silver accent color.

The only video I watched on YouTube that showed a non-standard color for the Moto X featured a white front on a Royal Blue back:

here's the link

In fact, that's the YouTube video that had the comment concerning one person's opinion that the colors on MotoMaker are not 100% reflective of what you'll get.

Yea I saw that vid.....Your color combination is the exact one I am thinking of getting. I'm not 100% sold yet but I have a few more hours to make a decision. :)

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site

I made a comment a couple of months ago commenting on the non-life-like color palette on the site and got some bitter responses (not sure why). I've been saying all along that the colors on the site don't look right. They seem too pastel and cartoon-ish compared to the real deal. I'm glad I checked out the real backs at the local AT&T store. It made my wife and me much more confident in our selections.

I often wonder about the bitter responses too - I guess some people just like to assert themselves on the Internet.... :-\

While it's not a great picture, I did find this post that might be helpful to those who are thinking about building their phone on Motomaker but they're still not sure about which color to choose - click here

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site

Just wondering about the trade in program. My friend has a MOTOROLA TRIUMPH will he be able to do the trade in and get the Verizon model off-contract? No issue, if the triumph is rooted too? Or will that be a problem.

Here's a link to the Motorola Trade-up website - click here (It looks like the Triumph is an eligible phone. :))

I'm not 100% sure about whether rooting would be an issue, but if I had to bet I'd be almost 100% certain it would be a non-issue since Motorola is just trying to accommodate customers who got stuck with phones that were not going to be upgraded to Jelly Bean.

dazz87

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Best thing to do is head down to your local bestbuy or at&t store to see the color. Also Motorola has a 14 day exchange or if you are in California its 30 days

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Just a quick FYI - I was at a Verizon Corporate Store yesterday and they had a display that had most of the MotoMaker custom colors so you could see the colors in person.

I read a complaint following a YouTube video that the blue colors offered were actually much darker than what MotoMaker shows on their website. Since I was thinking about getting a Navy Blue phone I wanted to see the colors in person. The display at Verizon didn't have the Navy Blue but it had the Royal Blue which is what I decided I wanted. As dark as Royal Blue is, I'm guessing that Navy Blue must almost be black. :confused:
How were the red accents? They look almost pink on the site :(

Papadakis

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm probably going to get Lemon Lime, Black front with Blue Accents. But, there's also part of me that wants to YOLO and go Raspberry with black accents...

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site

How were the red accents? They look almost pink on the site :(

That's a great question - unfortunately I don't have a good answer.

Since I'm going with the silver accent I didn't even bother to look at the display to see if they had the accent colors - I figured it would be pretty hard for Motorola to screw-up silver. :cool:

Maybe someone who has more knowledge can chime in about the red accent color. I've read that the blue accent color looks awesome but that doesn't help answer your question.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

That's a great question - unfortunately I don't have a good answer.

Since I'm going with the silver accent I didn't even bother to look at the display to see if they had the accent colors - I figured it would be pretty hard for Motorola to screw-up silver. :cool:

Maybe someone who has more knowledge can chime in about the red accent color. I've read that the blue accent color looks awesome but that doesn't help answer your question.
I'm not buying one but I just wanted to ask in case you knew. Nobody has a definitive answer for that :(
Thanks though :)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Here's a link to the Motorola Trade-up website - click here (It looks like the Triumph is an eligible phone. :))

I'm not 100% sure about whether rooting would be an issue, but if I had to bet I'd be almost 100% certain it would be a non-issue since Motorola is just trying to accommodate customers who got stuck with phones that were not going to be upgraded to Jelly Bean.

Thanks for that link. Is orange not in that display?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I think the metallic red accents look red in person (at least behind the plexiglass display.) Maybe not quite as deep as the red camera ring on my HTC Rezound, but it did look red.

I'm going white front, navy and blue accents. I wish the white front had a cleaner look to it, but I'm going to run with my PSU design. If I don't like it, I'll send it back for black and still have it before Christmas.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had a lot of issues with the website trying to play with Moto Maker on both Chrome and IE?

I really like the feel of the Woven Black finish. Does the Yellow have the same feel and texture anybody know?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I think the metallic red accents look red in person (at least behind the plexiglass display.) Maybe not quite as deep as the red camera ring on my HTC Rezound, but it did look red.

I'm going white front, navy and blue accents. I wish the white front had a cleaner look to it, but I'm going to run with my PSU design. If I don't like it, I'll send it back for black and still have it before Christmas.

I'm going with my PSU design as well ;) We Are! Except, silver accents not blue. Same about the white front as well, black looks a bit cleaner, but I never had a white phone and need a change anyway. Was thinking about a PSU engraving as well, that would really limit my resell options tho. Have till 9am est to decide!

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm going with my PSU design as well ;) We Are! Except, silver accents not blue. Same about the white front as well, black looks a bit cleaner, but I never had a white phone and need a change anyway. Was thinking about a PSU engraving as well, that would really limit my resell options tho. Have till 9am est to decide!

Right now my saved design has "WE ARE..." for the Power On screen, no sig on back. Like you, I'm a bit concerned about resale, so I could go in and delete that. :)

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
The silver accents will look great on your design! I think the metallic blue accent looks so good, I just want to use it. The Air Jacket Moto X Case webpage shows a Navy and blue accent back in their case with the blue bumper. I think it looks good in the photo!

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had a lot of issues with the website trying to play with Moto Maker on both Chrome and IE?

I really like the feel of the Woven Black finish. Does the Yellow have the same feel and texture anybody know?

I was messing with a design about an hour ago on Chrome (Win 8) and it was unresponsive when clicking on several buttons.

The yellow felt pretty smooth to me back when I looked at the AT&T store.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I was messing with a design about an hour ago on Chrome (Win 8) and it was unresponsive when clicking on several buttons.

The yellow felt pretty smooth to me back when I looked at the AT&T store.

I get to the save design stage and it just stays there.

Did the yellow have a rubbery feel like the woven?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
The silver accents will look great on your design! I think the metallic blue accent looks so good, I just want to use it. The Air Jacket Moto X Case webpage shows a Navy and blue accent back in their case with the blue bumper. I think it looks good in the photo!

I'll have to check that out, I don't remember seeing navy. And yes, both the silver and blue look great on that design, that was actually my only dilemma. I finally settled on silver, took me weeks. Haha.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I get to the save design stage and it just stays there.

Did the yellow have a rubbery feel like the woven?

I hate to say it but the light/bright colors generally are smooth and flat feeling. I've read elsewhere that the soft touch brushed/rubbery feel works better with dark colors and the light colors would scuff and get marked up easily.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae