Moto X cyber monday sale

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Not that we even know the original number, so it could all be a lie.

Based on my experience with them with my wife's Moto X, I think they are sincere in their intent to do everything possible to win customers and build a solid reputation. They don't seem to be in this to lose, even with the miss-steps. I think they really will try to extend the availability to make as big a positive spin on this they can.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
This really is a shame for moto. A great device at a great price sold via a not so great web site.

What did they expect when they discount a device 30% at the height of the holiday shopping season and advertise that the sale is limited quantities? Lots of people trying to get one all at the same time.

taappel

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
If they really wanted to make good, they would give out a promo code to anyone who attempted to use moto maker. Then allow the code to be used at a later time when the site is functional. Instead, you have a bunch of people freaking out because they want to access the site but also don't want to have to check every 15 minutes to be able to get in in the deal.

Posted via Android Central App

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
If they really wanted to make good, they would give out a promo code to anyone who attempted to use moto maker. Then allow the code to be used at a later time when the site is functional. Instead, you have a bunch of people freaking out because they want to access the site but also don't want to have to check every 15 minutes to be able to get in in the deal.
People would sell the codes.

thevacantsoul

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
This is why apple makes billions because they actually make it easy buy stuff from them...crazy concept, I know...I can buy online have it shipped, buy online pick up at store, or just buy at store.

taappel

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
People would sell the codes.

Tie it to the email address they used to register for the site.

A lot of people will probably sell the phone if/when they are able to buy it, does that mean moto should just not do the deal?

I guess my main point is they should have been more prepared and also should have come up with a backup plan in the case that their cyber Monday deal went horribly wrong. It shouldn't be this difficult.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
This is why apple makes billions because they actually make it easy buy stuff from them...crazy concept, I know...I can buy online have it shipped, buy online pick up at store, or just buy at store.

Apple had plenty of iPhone launches with similar problems. AT&Ts activation system would also regularly crumble making it just as bad for people who actually got iPhones. The iPhone 4 launch was particularly bad.

Hopefully Motorola learns something today.

Lincoln

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Tuesday around 9am Central. I'm going to be mad if it is up tonight after I go to sleep and then they're sold out by the morning.

It sounds like thats the direction things are headed in. I cannot imagine they'll keep the dev team there all night and then wait till morning to release it. @MotorolaSupport already hinted they were thinking before midnight it'd be done.

- - - Updated - - -

Scott Mason ‏@masonaid 1m
@MotorolaSupport - How late do you anticipate being on twitter?

Motorola Support ‏@MotorolaSupport 30s
@masonaid Until this is settled.

MexPride

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Tuesday around 9am Central. I'm going to be mad if it is up tonight after I go to sleep and then they're sold out by the morning.

I have my math final at that time. I swear to God I will ******* unleash my wrath if that happens

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Motorola Mobility ‏@Motorola 33s
If we’re not live by 9:30 PM ET tonight, we'll offer the price promo @ Noon ET on Wed and again on Mon 12/9, doubling the devices available.
Expand

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
By now, I just hope that when it finally does start, the process goes smoothly for everyone. I want people, particularly those who haven't already bought one, to be able to get their hands on this device.

Stadifer

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
It took them that long to post that info? They could have done that earlier today so we have some sort of deadline and second attempt. I'm okay with re-offering the deal on Wednesday but they should have published something earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma