Moto X cyber monday sale

frank33v

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I am sure anyone who tried to participate in today's promotion will not be paying full retail for a moto x. That is the problem for moto - they alienated otherwise enthusiastic potential customers.

Again - I got a dev ed within minutes of the sale price going live. I wasted 3 hours, though until that happened. I didn't know it was going to be 3 hours otherwise I would have not bothered. I kept being told "soon" so I kept thinking it would be minutes and not hours, so I kept checking. In retrospect the 3 hours wasn't worth $150 to me so never again. Also, I won't be as excited to receive my phone as I would have been. That is a lose for motorola - a company trying to regain customer loyalty.

I will but with my discounted dev ed. Others will be moving on empty handed and not looking at motorola phones in the future.

I doubt it. A phone like this for $350-$400? People will still be refreshing their browsers on Wednesday morning.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I doubt it. A phone like this for $350-$400? People will still be refreshing their browsers on Wednesday morning.

Depends on what they have going on on Wednesday. Lots of people plan for Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping. If you are a college student, fine, you can spare the time. But many professionals can't. I plan for the after Thanksgiving sales to do my Christmas shopping and then be done with it so then I can focus on all the end of year stuff I have to get done for my job and my personal finances.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I for one didn't waste hours. I tried several times from 8am -9am and a few times randomly throughout the day. But I did alter my morning schedule for no reason which is what I mostly am upset about. Will I try again Wednesday? Possibly, but not at the expense of changing my day around.

ChrisTahoe

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Just thought I'd share. I did manage to score a Moto Maker X today at $349. Perusing comments and forums it sounds like there aren't many of us who did. For reference, I got mine ordered at about 10:20 Mountian Time. I feel I just got very, very lucky. After hitting submit, it took what felt like ages for the confirmation page to show up. I assumed it was going to error out until after about 5 minutes of loading I received a confirmation email on my phone, even though the page was still loading.

Hopefully Wednesday it'll be better and everyone who waited so (im)patiently will get their hands on one.

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I keep hearing "my time is valuable" and yet people apparently had no respect for the value of their OWN time. If you are so in demand or your productivity is so critical that you're ranting about the value of your time...well, why did you choose to waste it in this manner? Apparently your time isn't as valuable as proposed if you actually have the time and ability to mess around with a broken website enough throughout the day that your productivity was diminished.

If I was the client of one of these "my time is valuable" folks I might be questioning their priorities and reevaluating my relationship with them.

After all...it is just a phone. An awesome phone. I'm glad I have one and my only pony in this race was that I fancied having a cool blue one with yellow accents instead of my plain old black...

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I keep hearing "my time is valuable" and yet people apparently had no respect for the value of their OWN time. If you are so in demand or your productivity is so critical that you're ranting about the value of your time...well, why did you choose to waste it in this manner? Apparently your time isn't as valuable as proposed if you actually have the time and ability to mess around with a broken website enough throughout the day that your productivity was diminished.

If I was the client of one of these "my time is valuable" folks I might be questioning their priorities and reevaluating my relationship with them.

After all...it is just a phone. An awesome phone. I'm glad I have one and my only pony in this race was that I fancied having a cool blue one with yellow accents instead of my plain old black...

Because most ppl are used to sites eventually working. I didn't shop this sale but I would have assumed based on my years of shopping experience that at some point, bam, the sale properly goes live and your order gone through, or it doesn't because they've sold out. I've never seen a sale basically not even happen and would never have guessed that by midday and then again later after they gave another time, that it would just about basically not have happened. In that was standard fare more people woulda prolly given up. I agree that a person is responsible for their own time, and to be fair I didn't read the entire thread but even when a person is willing to spend the time, it doesn't matter if you refreshed for an hour or throughout the day, they*still* wasted ppls time because the sale just about didn't happen. Their apology was warranted.

Posted via Android Central App

Fdmstng99

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I tried a few times yesterday but like many people here I was able to make my Moto X but it was giving me the old price for AT&T. I was going to go with black front, blue back with silver accents. My choices at the time were either the Moto X or N5 and at this point I'm not sure if I want to try again on Wednesday or Monday. I like the Moto X, being able to design it and with active notifications pushed it just ahead of the N5 for me. The N5 I really like the screen and the Qi wireless charging which will come in handy since I already have a few wireless chargers for my Nexus 7. I will be coming from an iPhone 5, using my Nexus 7 on a daily basis I really like the Android OS compared to IOS.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
You obviously aren't reading what people are saying. We didn't KNOW we would be spending that much time ahead of time. We were being strung along with "soon". After already investing an hour, people thought soon meant less than another hour, which of course turned into more hours, being strung along with more "soons".

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Because most ppl are used to sites eventually working. I didn't shop this sale but I would have assumed based on my years of shopping experience that at some point, bam, the sale properly goes live and your order gone through, or it doesn't because they've sold out. I've never seen a sale basically not even happen and would never have guessed that by midday and then again later after they gave another time, that it would just about basically not have happened. In that was standard fare more people woulda prolly given up.
Excellent explanation. Thanks.

I would have never thought that "soon" meant 2 days later, lol!

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I'd share. I did manage to score a Moto Maker X today at $349. Perusing comments and forums it sounds like there aren't many of us who did. For reference, I got mine ordered at about 10:20 Mountian Time. I feel I just got very, very lucky. After hitting submit, it took what felt like ages for the confirmation page to show up. I assumed it was going to error out until after about 5 minutes of loading I received a confirmation email on my phone, even though the page was still loading.

Hopefully Wednesday it'll be better and everyone who waited so (im)patiently will get their hands on one.

Congrats! You are the only person I've heard of thus far that actually got a motomaker version at the sale price.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I got up at 8am est yest and ended my pursuit of the sale around 9:45 PM. My time isn't valuable so idrc, this is something I want so I will pursue it for as long as it doesn't affect my job.

The numbers honestly didn't seem that high to me....between twitter, this forum, and slickdeals it didn't seem like there were millions attempting to buy at once. So I don't understand how they couldn't have fixed the problem. I wish they'd get the logs of ppl with one in rdy to check out and email them a code to use now. It'd ease the traffic and they'd still be able to run the sale on those 2 days. But either way I'll be trying again Wed and Monday. Let's hope their issues are worked out.

vctrwng

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
What's even more mind boggling is the fact that Motorola didn't have a good grasp as to how long it would take to fix the problem. I remember them tweeting out at 9:00 PM something along the lines of "If the sale isn't up by 9:30 PM EST tonight, then it will start on Wednesday 12:00 PM EST". How the hell do you not know when your systems will be ready? And why are those two times so far apart?! It would have been better for them to err on the side of caution and just told everyone right away in the morning that the sale wasn't going to be happening on Monday.

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Everyone is losing sight on how great the Moto X is...how fantastic they did rolling out KITKAT before some NEXUS devices ! And the fact that they are giving you two days now to get one....yea, inconvenience...but the end result...a KITKAT MOTOX is worth it......Motorola is not valued based on a down webpage, but the fact of the best product, fast software updates and going the extra mile.

chill

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
What's even more mind boggling is the fact that Motorola didn't have a good grasp as to how long it would take to fix the problem.
Another excellent explanation as to why some people are upset. They kept saying "soon" but had no idea how long it would take to fix the problem, which to me says they didn't know what the problem was in the first place.