Moto X cyber monday sale

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I started mashing F5 on the 2 day sale page at about 2 minutes before noon, but the Reserve Your Spot button didn't come up until about 3 minutes after. It was simple enough to get through then. I checked again at 12:09, and the codes were gone!

bang_bang

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
just to clarify nobody got email confirmation of reservation right? all i got was a page that said we've received your reservation

Not yet. I think they'll be spread out over a few hours so everyone who got a code isn't ordering at the same time. Plus it said on the confirmation page that it could take a few hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Well , for what is worth it I used my family emails, three total cause I was afraid it will not work with just one, so if I get all three codes after I use the first one I can give away the other two. Let's hope that work for some of you that wasn't that lucky...

Stadifer

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Not yet. I think they'll be spread out over a few hours so everyone who got a code isn't ordering at the same time. Plus it said on the confirmation page that it could take a few hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

That seems likely... If it does take a few hours to get the codes out I'm guessing my Moto X might arrive sometime Tuesday or Wednesday.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking that Motorola would simply send the code to the account with which the user was signed in. Now I'm imagining I made a typo when entering my email address...

EDIT:

Was anyone else terrified they would typo their email address in the hurry to get the form submitted? :confused:

OK, we must have been posting at the same time!

gpetto

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Well , for what is worth it I used my family emails, three total cause I was afraid it will not work with just one, so if I get all three codes after I use the first one I can give away the other two. Let's hope that work for some of you that wasn't that lucky...

I'd be most grateful to take an extra code off your hands... I was leaf blowing and missed my alarm. Logged on at 12:07 and they were sold out..

I bought a Moto X 10 days ago under contract and LOVE the phone, but want to go contract free. I have until Friday to cancel the contract I bought my 10 day old Moto X with, so Monday is a no go.. I attempted to chat with an agent, but only got canned responses and she never really even read my question. What a waste.

I may just end up going with a Nexus 5 for the same money.

Stadifer

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Was anyone else terrified they would typo their email address in the hurry to get the form submitted? :confused:

My bigger concern is when I got to the screen there was only 1 radio button and the Yes and No text wasn't formatted. Clicking on the "Yes" text got me to the "your in line" confirmation screen. Still concerned that the flag didn't get set right.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The anxiety over this won't be gone until that code shows up and I use it. Plus it said it could take 14 days to receive the phone on the promo form page. Why is it now double what it normally is? I doubt they sold THAT many... especially since they sold hardly anything on Monday and Tuesday.

Stadifer

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
The anxiety over this won't be gone until that code shows up and I use it. Plus it said it could take 14 days to receive the phone on the promo form page. Why is it now double what it normally is? I doubt they sold THAT many... especially since they sold hardly anything on Monday and Tuesday.

I imagine they are hedging here. Better to lower expectations on delivery time vs. saying they will deliver the orders quickly. Not only do you probably have a higher than usual volume of orders from the deal but you also have holiday shipping to contend with. There is a certain date where carriers no longer guarantee 2nd day air packages due to Christmas mail volumes.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I doubt they sold THAT many... especially since they sold hardly anything on Monday and Tuesday.
they sold the dev eds and several people hit submit on the custom devices after 8 am even though they weren't showing the sale price yet and they are giving them the sale price.