Moto X cyber monday sale

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I never received any notice of a possible delay. But as of last night around 9:15 PM my moto X is still in Ft. Worth at the FedEx facility "in transit." FedEx told me Monday when I called last night, I think I'll be lucky to get it Tuesday.

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues placing an order? My cousin gave me his code to use and when I go to enter it just tells me to "please enter a valid code". He tried it on his PC and the code was valid so it should be working but I'm not having any luck. I tried doing it on another computer and in two different browsers and in incognito mode in a new account and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I had an estimate for the 10th as well and have only received the email stating they were assembling mine and I haven't heard anything else since the ice storm hit. It says mine hasn't been shipped yet.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
My estimate is for the 11th and the last I heard was Friday when it was being assembled.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic until I hear further.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I had an estimate for the 10th as well and have only received the email stating they were assembling mine and I haven't heard anything else since the ice storm hit. It says mine hasn't been shipped yet.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Exactly my situation as well. I'm guessing that we can expect delays of up to 4 or 5 days beyond the original delivery estimate as that's about the period of time that road travel has been extremely hazardous here in Fort Worth, TX. I'm about 20 minutes away from the Flextronics plant where the Moto X is assembled and I haven't even attempted to drive since last Thursday. Going to try to drive to the office today though as things are slowly improving. Could also see delays on the destination end like the northeast US where snowstorms are now hitting.

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues placing an order? My cousin gave me his code to use and when I go to enter it just tells me to "please enter a valid code". He tried it on his PC and the code was valid so it should be working but I'm not having any luck. I tried doing it on another computer and in two different browsers and in incognito mode in a new account and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?

It seems like you can only use one code per email address when you check out. I was able to use two different codes to get two phones (one for my wife and one for myself), but I had to place two different orders from two different Motorola accounts. So try checking out as a guest, or create a new account with a different email address.

And let us know if that works since other people are also running into this issue.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Exactly my situation as well. I'm guessing that we can expect delays of up to 4 or 5 days beyond the original delivery estimate as that's about the period of time that road travel has been extremely hazardous here in Fort Worth, TX. I'm about 20 minutes away from the Flextronics plant where the Moto X is assembled and I haven't even attempted to drive since last Thursday. Going to try to drive to the office today though as things are slowly improving. Could also see delays on the destination end like the northeast US where snowstorms are now hitting.

I'm right outside of New Orleans so hopefully the delay won't be so bad for me once it finally ships.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
What time and day did yours ship? Mine shipped at 3:58 PM Thursday, it is stuck in Ft. Worth still! They said I might get it tomorrow if it makes it to Memphis's sorting facility tonight. And from there I think it will go to Rockford, IL where it will go out for delivery. If yours went out when mine did I don't get how yours would get to Chicago when mine can't even leave Texas.

Well, in my excitement I totally misread the tracking (*****, I know--it says exactly where it's located). It never left Fort Worth until today.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Just a reminder...If you register on the FedEx site, you will receive *accurate* shipping info on items shipped to you although it may not say who the shipper actually is.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

If you are using a code someone else registered for, you MUST checkout as a guest or it will not work. You cannot be signed into your Motorola account at all.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Mine too. No updates at all since they sent the 'it may be delayed due to the weather'. I understand that the weather is rough, but it shouldn't be taking this long. (Before anyone spouts off, I live in Chicago, and have lived through several ice storms that were worse than what is going on right now.)

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine too. No updates at all since they sent the 'it may be delayed due to the weather'. I understand that the weather is rough, but it shouldn't be taking this long. (Before anyone spouts off, I live in Chicago, and have lived through several ice storms that were worse than what is going on right now.)

I haven't heard anything since the 'We're assembling it' email.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I understand that the weather is rough, but it shouldn't be taking this long. (Before anyone spouts off, I live in Chicago, and have lived through several ice storms that were worse than what is going on right now.)

It does always crack me up when people in the south or southwest freak out about snow or ice. They'd have aneurysms if they had to deal what we deal with in Chicago. Remember the blizzard from what--two years ago? That was like driving through snow drifts as they were forming around the car.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It does always crack me up when people in the south or southwest freak out about snow or ice. They'd have aneurysms if they had to deal what we deal with in Chicago. Remember the blizzard from what--two years ago? That was like driving through snow drifts as they were forming around the car.

Yup. I've been through an ice storm in Michigan that shut down some roads for a couple days. We still had class and people went about their business like it was no big deal. Same with the blizzard. It was what, 20 inches of snow in less than 12 hours? And stuff was shutdown for a single day afterwards, and that was only because the plows couldn't keep up with the snow so you couldn't go anywhere even if you wanted. But the second day afterwards and everything was back to normal. I get it, it's ice. Welcome to what the Midwest deals with for a quarter of the year.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

Yes, but the city is probably prepared for this kind of thing. I live in a town in north Texas that has about 35,000 people. The city only has 4 trucks and only two of them have a plow on the front. Two trucks for 35,000 people. Most of the major highways were shut down because people kept driving on them and getting stuck. There were so many semis that were stuck, no one could get onto the roads to treat or clear them. We have over three inches of ice that no one knows how to drive on and the temps haven't been above freezing in five days. So it may not be a big deal to someone living in Chicago, but it's a big deal down here. This usually doesn't happen for us.

taappel

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Just a reminder...If you register on the FedEx site, you will receive *accurate* shipping info on items shipped to you although it may not say who the shipper actually is.

Care to explain how this works? I registered on the site, but I don't see any place where I can track shipments without a tracking number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance