Moto X cyber monday sale

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Got a shipment notification this morning, and my Moto is already in the truck for delivery. Only 1 day after the original estimate! So probably 2 days after it would've arrived with no adverse weather. I've very impressed considering the delays Motorola & FedEx have dealt with!

Now I can't wait to get home!

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Swype & Tapatalk

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Do they update the motox site when it's done being built? I got an e-mail that it may be 5 days late but their site still says the 17th. I already sold my white Moto X so I'm phoneless.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine (well my wife's) arrived yesterday - it was originally scheduled to arrive Monday but was delayed due to weather. They expedited it and had it at our house by 9am, so I have no complaints (and hopefully no one put themselves in any danger at Fed Ex). I spent a couple hours setting it up for my wife and I have to say I'm extremely impressed by the Moto X. The build quality is superb (although I probably wouldn't choose the merlot color she did), the size and shape are fantastic in hand, the screen is very nice (if a wee saturated for my taste) and there's no issue with the 720p resolution that my eyes can detect. The device is buttery smooth, and touchless control worked on the first try after it was trained to her voice. At this point I think I would recommend this as the best Android phone out there for almost anyone who isn't a Nexus-diehard/tinkerer like myself.

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I had an online chat session with Motorola this morning as well and they said the same thing that the clock starts when it leaves the factory. Apparently California must have some kind of law out there though as the rep told me it was 14 days, except if you live in California, then it's 30 days. I asked him for a copy of the actual policy and supposedly he's going to email it to me within 24 hours. Couldn't hurt to ask Moto for exception...all they can say is no.

This is news to me, can't wait to see what they send you.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
They expedited it and had it at our house by 9am, so I have no complaints (and hopefully no one put themselves in any danger at Fed Ex).

I read where a couple other people said that Motorola said that they expidited the shipment. But I wonder if they really did anything they don't normally do anyway. I think they're shipping all of the Moto X's next day. I never contacted them at all, and it was shipped next day. I live near Philadelphia, PA, which is a long way from Fort Worth, TX!

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I read where a couple other people said that Motorola said that they expidited the shipment. But I wonder if they really did anything they don't normally do anyway. I think they're shipping all of the Moto X's next day. I never contacted them at all, and it was shipped next day. I live near Philadelphia, PA, which is a long way from Fort Worth, TX!
A lot of us have had ours shipped 2 day, I did.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
My Moto email says delivery today. The FedEx site says delivery tomorrow. Ft. Worth - New Orleans, I may get it today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
A lot of us have had ours shipped 2 day, I did.

But was it shipped next day and got delayed with the storm? I'm not challenging anyone, I'm just curious. So far I had only heard of next day shipping, other than delays from the storm. Like I said I live near Philly, so you can't get too much further away from Ft. Worth than I am.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
But was it shipped next day and got delayed with the storm? I'm not challenging anyone, I'm just curious. So far I had only heard of next day shipping, other than delays from the storm. Like I said I live near Philly, so you can't get too much further away from Ft. Worth than I am.
It was shipped 2 day and got delayed by the storm. Shipped on Friday 2 day for arrival Tuesday. Didn't get picked up until Monday and arrived on Wednesday, No signature required.

mg212

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine today, it was overnighted.

My MotoMaker 32GB was ordered 12/5 with estimated delivery of 12/10. I had a delay in the delivery like most and when I called to check on status yesterday I was informed that the phone would ship that day. Don't know if representative expedited the shipment or if it went out in it's standard fashion, but my phone was shipped overnight. Signature required.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
5 am and I'm up like a kid at Xmas. Sipping coffee, hitting f5 repeatedly. As if seeing 'out for delivery' is gonna make my stress level decrease. :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
5 am and I'm up like a kid at Xmas. Sipping coffee, hitting f5 repeatedly. As if seeing 'out for delivery' is gonna make my stress level decrease. :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

i know what you mean -- i checked the FedEx tracking too often. then, once i got the phone in my hand, i was like ... meh ... IT'S ONLY THE BEST DAMN SMARTPHONE (FOR WHAT I LIKE) -- EVAR! meh.

hang in there. it's coming.

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine last week Wednesday and was being built that Thursday. Then the storm came I heard nuthin for a few days. The delivery date was 10th but no confirmation about it being shipped came. Then Wednesday this week got the email it was shipped the night before. It came a day late but soo happy now. I can't complain about the service at all. So glad to be back to Moto with better battery life and great radios.

Sent from my Moto X via Tapatalk

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The first rep never emailed me the policy so I started another chat session tonight and the rep tonight gave me a link to their legal terms of sale. Here it is:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...orola-Legal-Terms_of_Sale.html&token=DegfV4rB

Heh... That is just funny. Figured they would resort to that page... Oh well, would have been nice to see them confirm or deny the start time of return from the point you receive it or when it leaves the factory for customized Moto X's. Not like it matters to me much since I have the 30 day window. But for those who have the 14 day window and FedEx deciding to treat overnight packages like normal packages since they had that weather in Texas it would be a bit annoying.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Heh... That is just funny. Figured they would resort to that page... Oh well, would have been nice to see them confirm or deny the start time of return from the point you receive it or when it leaves the factory for customized Moto X's. Not like it matters to me much since I have the 30 day window. But for those who have the 14 day window and FedEx deciding to treat overnight packages like normal packages since they had that weather in Texas it would be a bit annoying.
I was told the return window period begins from the day FedEx picks the package up.

I would be willing to bet that if your package was picked up by FedEx but not delivered overnight or in 2 days depending on how it shipped, they would extend the return period by that amount of time if you called them.

Also, why do they ship some overnight and some 2 day? Doesn't seem fair.