02-27-2014 04:22 PM
27 12
tools
    I'd like to know which cases to avoid and then I'll go from there to pick the case I'll be using.

I'm planning on getting two Moto X's for me and my fiance. She needs something super protective and I need something to protect against scuffs and such.

Thanks!
    11-27-2013 01:20 PM
    For the super protective, the otterbox commuter is pretty great! The defender feels good but I found typing difficult because the built in screen didn't lay flush against the screen.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    11-27-2013 01:24 PM
    For the super protective, the otterbox commuter is pretty great! The defender feels good but I found typing difficult because the built in screen didn't lay flush against the screen.

So you would suggest the Commuter? Protective too against any incidental drops? She can be...clumsy at times.
    11-27-2013 01:48 PM
    It offers great protection other than having the screen covered like the defender.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    11-27-2013 01:49 PM

Does the front lip from the case hamper touching near the edge of the screen?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-27-2013 01:54 PM
    Nope.

gabbott likes this.
    11-27-2013 01:58 PM
    Case? You don't put a case on a phone that feels this good in the hand!

ultravisitor and ShoelerDroid like this.
    11-30-2013 11:19 PM
    Case? You don't put a case on a phone that feels this good in the hand!

if you work in an industrial environment a case would be advantageous. A desk job is a different story.

gravity has an affinity for clumsy folk sometimes. case happens!
    Postoid likes this.
    11-30-2013 11:46 PM

I have to agree with ya. Had my X for about a week and ordered the SUPCASE clear and the OTTERBOX commuter glacier case a week before the phone arrived. No doubt the otterbox would protect the phone better, I liked the supcase for it's smooth contoured fit around the Moto X but I just didn't like the protection factor and the lack of covering for the phone plug on top and charging port on the bottom. Still wasn't a deal breaker but liked the case regardless so got both.

I have a old belt-clip cheap-o holder that I put my phone in and it just works out better with the otterbox commuter case which, to me, is a nice design for the Moto X...not that thick but still ok to hold.

Still keeping the SUPCASE but using the OTTERBOX for those increasingly fumbling times holding on to things that comes with age.
    12-01-2013 09:17 AM
    I got a Distronic TPU case.No compliants from me .
    Some people may think it interfers with getting near edge of screen.
    I dont have any problem , but I dont have fat fingers either haha
    12-01-2013 12:38 PM
    I have to agree with ya. Had my X for about a week and ordered the SUPCASE clear and the OTTERBOX commuter glacier case a week before the phone arrived. No doubt the otterbox would protect the phone better, I liked the supcase for it's smooth contoured fit around the Moto X but I just didn't like the protection factor and the lack of covering for the phone plug on top and charging port on the bottom. Still wasn't a deal breaker but liked the case regardless so got both.

I have a old belt-clip cheap-o holder that I put my phone in and it just works out better with the otterbox commuter case which, to me, is a nice design for the Moto X...not that thick but still ok to hold.

Still keeping the SUPCASE but using the OTTERBOX for those increasingly fumbling times holding on to things that comes with age.
    Would you say the supcase doesn't protect that well against a drop?
    12-03-2013 02:34 PM
    I had two cases.

The Otter box Commuter was to chunky. Great case but it's a brute.

The Griffin reveal clear back scratches a lot. Very slim nice case. If the installed a small o-ring on the back where the dimple is, 99% of the scratches would not have happened.

I stuck with the Griffin.

12-03-2013 03:15 PM
    I have the Incipio wireless Charging case with a PMA pad for it.. Love it but sadly it completely covers up my wood back

12-03-2013 03:43 PM
    I like the Air Jacket Grip. Clear back hasn't scratched. Accent color coordinates well with phone. It's tough to get on and off so I think it's good in a fall.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-03-2013 04:10 PM
    I like the Air Jacket Grip. Clear back hasn't scratched. Accent color coordinates well with phone. It's tough to get on and off so I think it's good in a fall.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    Is there any texture to the clear back? Does it cover the dimple?
    12-03-2013 05:32 PM
    It doesn't cover dimple and the back has a little friction.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails What do you not like about your Moto X Case?-1386113775719.jpg  
    gabbott likes this.
    12-03-2013 05:36 PM
    If you are ordering the developer model with the ugly white back you do.

12-03-2013 06:27 PM
    If you are ordering the developer model with the ugly white back you do.

i love the dev edition colors. Woulda chose 'em myself except only dev had the woven white back with the black front. . booooo.
    12-03-2013 06:28 PM
    Can you post some pics if possible please of the case on your phone ? Thanks
    I have the Incipio wireless Charging case with a PMA pad for it.. Love it but sadly it completely covers up my wood back

02-27-2014 12:28 PM
    I've got an Otterbox Commuter on my Moto X and for the most part I'm happy with it.

The Pros:

It feels very solid and sturdy. When it's on, it feels like it was molded to the phone as part of the manufacturing process. This trim around the display stays where it's supposed to stay and doesn't try to wriggle it's way off every time you put it into or pull it from you pocket. (A major plus considering the bezel on this phone is so small along the sides.) I tend to set my phone face down and the design for it is perfect because it deep enough to provide protection while still allowing full access to the entire display without the case getting in the way when you are trying to touch the edges.

The Cons:

If you don't get the case on perfect, the power and volume rockers are damn near impossible to use. Seems like you're about to crush your phone by pushing in the case so hard. Even when you get it on correctly, it's still can be pretty stiff.

I may be the exception, but I find the sides a little slick in a couple of spots. I've sent my phone flying across the room a couple of times when I've had picked up up after jogging or just washed my hands.

Our other Moto X has a Trident Perseus series case. She seems to love it because it's soft to hold. I find it extremely flimsy and wouldn't use it if they sent it to me for free.
    02-27-2014 01:13 PM
    I had a diztronic TPU and didn't like it because the lip made typing hard. I now have qmadix case and love it except that the case is soooooo slippery against other surfaces it slides right across tables and stuff.
    02-27-2014 01:21 PM
    I don't like cases the cover the dimple. Just doesn't feel right.
    02-27-2014 01:22 PM
    I've gotten 3 cases.

1. Ballistic sg maxx... Great protection... Think Otterbox defender without having to pay as much. But it's bulky. Premium protection with a holster.

2. Ballistic aspiria... Not as bulky still really good protection but no holster and shiny, slick, fingerprint magnet of a back.
    3. Supcase. My favorite. I have the developer edition and got the blue/clear one and it looks great. I like the slim feel and it has the dimple. It's stood up to 3 foot falls just fine. One thing I just noticed was that the blue is wearing on the edges in 3 months of use... Prolly get a black clear one when this annoys me too much.

Posted via my Moto X DE
    02-27-2014 01:27 PM
    I don't like that the sides stick up over the edge of the phone which makes swiping in from the side difficult. I do want the face protection it provides, though. I wish my case(s) would have the face-protection lip around the top and bottom of the phone but not along the sides of the display.
    02-27-2014 02:07 PM
27 12