Would you switch from the LG G2 to the Moto X?

HarmonicaPlays

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!
I recently got the LG G2 (White) and now I heard the $150 off Cyber Monday Deal for Moto X
How many of you would consider the switch?
What would you lose from LG G2 and gain from the Moto X?
(yes I posted this on the LG G2 and one here because I know there will be a Bias towards the phones they currently own)

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello all!
I recently got the LG G2 (White) and now I heard the $150 off Cyber Monday Deal for Moto X
(yes I posted this on the LG G2 and one here because I know there will be a Bias towards the phones they currently own)

First, know that the Cyber Monday is off of full price models only, making them $350 and $400.

Okay, now for G2 vs. Moto X.
Positives for going with the Moto X:
1. Updates. LG has a terrible track record with updating their flagship phones and Motorola is looking like they are serious about keeping their phones up to date. So if that is something you care about, there is a point for the Moto X.
2. Always Listening and other features. I think Motorola has the most consumer friendly added features of any Android handset manufacturer. They focused more on adding a few features that people will actually uses instead of going the Samsung, LG, and to a lesser extent HTC route of shoe horning in a bunch of features that make impressive demos and then aren't used.
3. Form factor. Moto X is easily used with one hand, G2 is a bit large for that
4. Customization. Can with the Moto X, G2 you get white or black.
5. Stock Android. I don't like LG's skin, I think it is ugly. Motorola uses the stock Android UI, which I much prefer.

G2 Positives
1. Performance. The Moto X is no slouch performance wise, but the G2 has truly top notch specs.
2. Screen. G2 has a bigger, higher resolution display. If that is a big factor for you, point G2.
3. "Features". The G2 took the Samsung approach and crammed every software feature they could think of into their phone. If you like that (I don't), the G2 will have more features (just look at that notification shade, its half full of "features" out of the box)

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!

Only if I wanted a smaller more pocket friendly phone. Otherwise it be hard for me to compromise on all those other great specs, especially if G2 battery is as good as Moto X's.

HarmonicaPlays

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
First, know that the Cyber Monday is off of full price models only, making them $350 and $400.

Okay, now for G2 vs. Moto X.
Positives for going with the Moto X:
1. Updates. LG has a terrible track record with updating their flagship phones and Motorola is looking like they are serious about keeping their phones up to date. So if that is something you care about, there is a point for the Moto X.
2. Always Listening and other features. I think Motorola has the most consumer friendly added features of any Android handset manufacturer. They focused more on adding a few features that people will actually uses instead of going the Samsung, LG, and to a lesser extent HTC route of shoe horning in a bunch of features that make impressive demos and then aren't used.
3. Form factor. Moto X is easily used with one hand, G2 is a bit large for that
4. Customization. Can with the Moto X, G2 you get white or black.
5. Stock Android. I don't like LG's skin, I think it is ugly. Motorola uses the stock Android UI, which I much prefer.

G2 Positives
1. Performance. The Moto X is no slouch performance wise, but the G2 has truly top notch specs.
2. Screen. G2 has a bigger, higher resolution display. If that is a big factor for you, point G2.
3. "Features". The G2 took the Samsung approach and crammed every software feature they could think of into their phone. If you like that (I don't), the G2 will have more features (just look at that notification shade, its half full of "features" out of the box)
Thanks for the reply! Well as a runner, the G2 was able to fit in my hidden back pocket but it turned out to be cumbersome...it sometimes poked me .. However my greatest concern is battery life and Camera
when I get home at 6pm, my G2 has around 35-48% juice left... after 12 hours of being unplugged.. Would the Moto X perform the same? or close to it
For the Camera, I really love the G2's picture and Video Quality... Since i run to all many gorgeous sights in LA such as hills near the Hollywood. I love sharing my Pics to my friends and social media... The Video quality is just amazing... though Im not a professional photographer, would the Moto X be able to output an adequate quality after the update?

Last edited:

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
LG has terrible software and is way too huge. It's not even a fair fight.

As far as battery, 16 hours after pulling it off the charger I'm at 46. I generally have above 20 by the time I hit it hard while at home and get into bed

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Gave up my Note 3 for a G2, and then gave up the G2 for the Moto X. Great specs on the two former phones but the latter works best for me. Both those other phones added nothing over the Moto X that I ever used.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The hardware literally isn't comparable, you just have to decide if you want to be contract free or bound to a carriers bull crap.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! Well as a runner, the G2 was able to fit in my hidden back pocket but it turned out to be cumbersome...it sometimes poked me .. However my greatest concern is battery life and Camera
when I get home at 6pm, my G2 has around 35-48% juice left... after 12 hours of being unplugged.. Would the Moto X perform the same? or close to it
For the Camera, I really love the G2's picture and Video Quality... Since i run to all many gorgeous sights in LA such as hills near the Hollywood. I love sharing my Pics to my friends and social media... The Video quality is just amazing... though Im not a professional photographer, would the Moto X be able to output an adequate quality after the update?

The G2 and Moto X should have comperable battery life. The Moto X has a smaller battery, but it has a smaller, lower res, AMOLED screen, which will help with battery a lot. Plus Moto put a lot of work into software optimizations that extend the battery life. The Moto X is generally considered one of the best Android phones for Battery life. The Moto X does not have as good of a camera as the G2. The G2 has the best camera of any Android phone. The Moto X camera is good, slightly above average, but definitely not great or anything to write home about. For sharing to social media and texting to friends, it is servicable, but don't expect to be wowing your friends with prints.

stameyryan

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Camera does well for me but I'm not a photographer. Battery life is what had me from hello this phone has never "died" when I needed it. I even have a battery back up and never used it lol.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae