10-18-2016 02:26 AM
30 12
tools
    . Motorola is putting something in their new crop of batterys (sp) that are setting off the alarms !!
    Interesting.
    04-10-2014 08:05 PM
    Or maybe you guys are buying stolen batteries? Who did you buy from? Was the replacement battery directly from Motorola?
    04-11-2014 08:37 AM
    Well , I'm stumped. Purchased another EB20 generic battery ( Branded Sony ) made in China of course , and that battery alone sets off HomeDepot and Walmarts thief protection alarms. Being a good engineer , I dissected the battery ( must be real careful with Lithium batterys) , removed the Mylar tape and looked everywhere for some type of tag, RFID, or anything. Some new systems are using a special QR code printed with a special material and this battery had a QR code on it. I cut the piece of Mylar that had the QR code off , cut the two leads from the battery core to remove the electronics and tested them separately. Noting when I separately passed the QR patch through, nothing when I passed the electronic PCB ( used to make sure the lithium is not over or undercharged ) , HOWEVER just the lithium core sounded the alarm... The core is pealed down to almost the chemistry , only a small amount of mylar is holding it together , but it sounds everyone alarm.... I'M stumped !! First one was Motorola Branded , second was Sony Branded. But both made in China , most likely in the same factory ... FYI
    04-16-2014 11:36 AM
    The same thing happened to me, for 3 days set off alarms both entering and exiting Walgreen's, like you, and also Burlington Coat Factory and Walmart. Yesterday I noticed that the WiFi setting on my Droid Razr had been accidentally turned on, so I set it back to off. Today, when I went into Walmart, the alarm did not sound, so am thinking that the WiFi setting must have been the cause. This was the only recent change on my phone, no change of battery or case or anything. By the way, no one stopped me, questioned me, no store security or anything...
    04-25-2014 11:07 AM
    My Android ZTE triggers store security alarms when the WiFi is 'ON'. The ZTE does not trigger store alarms when the WiFi is 'OFF'.

A security guard at a local store and I played with the phone for 5 to 10 minutes tonight to finally identify the issue. Perhaps Android can explain 'How an Android ZTE can set off a store alarm when the WiFi is turned 'ON'?'.

The security system triggered is the one that is used at grocery stores and has six foot high white panels on either side of the walking path.

Perhaps your wife isn't light handed after all.
    10-18-2016 02:26 AM
30 12