Front Facing Camera Problem?

Ckhb

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed something funny with my front facing camera in lower light. I am seeing graininess or static in the front facing camera which I don't see in the regular camera. I turned more lights on and noticed there still appeared to be these lines in the picture but much fainter which is weird because just a few hours earlier I took a front facing photo outside and it looked fine. Is anyone else having something like this on their camera? Thanks.

Ckhb

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Main camera seems fine even in low light. I just see these vertical lines on the front facing camera which I'm not sure if it's just the sensor in lower light or the camera is going out.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Main camera seems fine even in low light. I just see these vertical lines on the front facing camera which I'm not sure if it's just the sensor in lower light or the camera is going out.

Do you see vertical lines?
Are those lines fixed in some areas?, or they move if you pan?
If they move, I think you are OK...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

Ckhb

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah they are vertical lines and appear to move side to side. Outside in normal daylight they don't appear but I notice them more indoors. My gf's iPhone doesn't have them and my galaxy nexus I do think think had them either but I think it may be the sensor indoors or something.

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah they are vertical lines and appear to move side to side. Outside in normal daylight they don't appear but I notice them more indoors. My gf's iPhone doesn't have them and my galaxy nexus I do think think had them either but I think it may be the sensor indoors or something.

If they move as you pan the phone, you are OK.
Those lines are artifacts from the low light condition, you will see that the noise on the screen is also noticeable...
My xt1058 does the same thing with very poor light condition.

I'd get worried if the lines didn't move and where present always on the same parts of the image...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2