01-10-2014 02:37 AM
42 12
tools
    Seems easy enough. Thank you. I will try this after I sober up later this week.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    12-31-2013 10:30 AM
    Seems easy enough. Thank you. I will try this after I sober up later this week.
    Sounds good. Let me know how it goes.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    12-31-2013 11:07 AM
    Sorry this took so long, but things have been a bit hectic since I sobered up from New Year's....

I purchased the Nexus Media app from the Play Store and a $2.00 or so OTG multi-card reader (mini, SD & USB). Plugged them all into my phone with my 32-gig miniSD from my Atrix HD and was able to transfer all my books from Kob0 and ringtones from Zedge right onto my Moto X. No problems with the import/export process at all. Thanks for the help!

The only issue I have is that my downloaded ringtones will play on my media player but I can't figure out how to get them to work as actual ringtones or notifications. I also can't get any of my downloaded music tracks to work as ringtones either. Is this a Moto X issue or user error (again....sigh) on my part?
    01-08-2014 12:56 PM
    I am going to try and use my 1 terabyte external memory to see if I can get it to work with an external battery hooked up for the extra juice needed to power it that the Moto X won't provide.

It's not very practical, but would be cool for watching movies on the phone while traveling if I can get it to work.
    01-08-2014 12:59 PM
    I am going to try and use my 1 terabyte external memory to see if I can get it to work with an external battery hooked up for the extra juice needed to power it that the Moto X won't provide.

It's not very practical, but would be cool for watching movies on the phone while traveling if I can get it to work.
    Why not just watch movies from the card reader or a little USB drive? A big HDD seems kind of overkill. About the ringtones, they have to be dropped or written into the right folder, unsure what the procedure is. It's not straightforward I gather, from other users' problems.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    01-08-2014 01:13 PM
    I have a couple 64-gig thumb drives, but a movie is anywhere from 4-8 gigs (depending on a lot of factors, as you probably already are aware) so I can only get 8-12 movies on one. I would just like to be able to choose from any of my 50-60 movies I have at this point. I am also thinking of putting the 10-12 TV Series I have on another drive to have available. The process is not hard, but with a series, will be a bit more time consuming. Overkill is probably a good term for it....
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-08-2014 01:20 PM
    Put them in folder sdcard0/ringtones

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-08-2014 01:21 PM
    Put them in folder sdcard0/ringtones

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app
    Here. Chris

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Meenova-1389208965030.jpg  
    mrsmumbles and Roger Gibbens like this.
    01-08-2014 01:22 PM
    I will try this (hopefully tonight). Thank you.
    01-08-2014 01:25 PM
    Sorry this took so long, but things have been a bit hectic since I sobered up from New Year's....

I purchased the Nexus Media app from the Play Store and a $2.00 or so OTG multi-card reader (mini, SD & USB). Plugged them all into my phone with my 32-gig miniSD from my Atrix HD and was able to transfer all my books from Kob0 and ringtones from Zedge right onto my Moto X. No problems with the import/export process at all. Thanks for the help!

The only issue I have is that my downloaded ringtones will play on my media player but I can't figure out how to get them to work as actual ringtones or notifications. I also can't get any of my downloaded music tracks to work as ringtones either. Is this a Moto X issue or user error (again....sigh) on my part?
    You need to create a folder called notifications in sdcard0 and put files you want to use for notifications there and another folder called ringtones for the ringtones. Usually the folders are already on the device. They'll automatically show up a choice in the selector. If your using the Zedge app you won't need the folders.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-08-2014 05:50 PM
    You need to create a folder called notifications in sdcard0 and put files you want to use for notifications there and another folder called ringtones for the ringtones. Usually the folders are already on the device. They'll automatically show up a choice in the selector. If your using the Zedge app you won't need the folders.

Can this be done (creating folders) unrooted?

01-08-2014 05:53 PM
    Astro File Manager

mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-08-2014 07:13 PM
    Astro File Manager

I use ES. :-) I have made folders before, but not for ringtones or alerts, just my media collections. Thanks again.

01-08-2014 07:38 PM
    I did this last night. I just moved the files from "Downloads" to the already existing "Ringtones" folder and they work just fine. I did not have to create a new file.

Thanks for the help! I also moved song files into the folder and they worked as well.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-09-2014 09:04 AM
    I did this last night. I just moved the files from "Downloads" to the already existing "Ringtones" folder and they work just fine. I did not have to create a new file.

Thanks for the help! I also moved song files into the folder and they worked as well.
    Thanks, this is good to know for my own future reference.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    01-09-2014 09:35 AM
    Can this be done (creating folders) unrooted?

Yep, you can use the built in file manager or something like Astro. Folders are probably already there though so you can just copy stuff into them.

mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-10-2014 12:24 AM
    Yep, you can use the built in file manager or something like Astro. Folders are probably already there though so you can just copy stuff into them.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    01-10-2014 02:37 AM
42 12