Meenova

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
As we know, the ability to read a device such as the Meenova is broke after the 4.4 upgrade. What are people using to workaround this? I'm using USB stick plugin for Total Commander file manager, but it doesn't work for all file managers. Anybody using anything else that accomplishes this?

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
As we know, the ability to read a device such as the Meenova is broke after the 4.4 upgrade. What are people using to workaround this? I'm using USB stick plugin for Total Commander file manager, but it doesn't work for all file managers. Anybody using anything else that accomplishes this?

Maybe not totally broke...I'll post a quote from a friend, but I can't amplify on anything he says since I don't do mods on my devices *AND* I don't have a Meenova to experiment with...here's what he said:

"Just an FYI for those with the Meenova SD adapters - you CAN use them in custom recovery. It shows up as a USB-OTG . In twrp, you just click the bar that says "Internal Storage" and a drop down appears with the choice. Don't try to navigate there in the file explorer like you would booted in the OS"

Does it make any sense for you?

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe not totally broke...I'll post a quote from a friend, but I can't amplify on anything he says since I don't do mods on my devices *AND* I don't have a Meenova to experiment with...here's what he said:

"Just an FYI for those with the Meenova SD adapters - you CAN use them in custom recovery. It shows up as a USB-OTG . In twrp, you just click the bar that says "Internal Storage" and a drop down appears with the choice. Don't try to navigate there in the file explorer like you would booted in the OS"

Does it make any sense for you?

Doesn't really make sense to me. Using a plugin or an app is much easier

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-12-01-08-10-44.png

The .JPG file up top is the file I moved from phone to my Meenova.

No issues at all with Nexus Media Importer. I've tried a lot of apps and NMI is by far the best available IMHO.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes

Posted via Android Central App

Great news, Thanks!

Why is Google attempting to block the use of memory cards? I read somewhere that manufacturers are not using them anymore to avoid paying royalties to MS, but why make it difficult to use USB OTG? I bought the Meenova to use when I don't have a signal, like flying or up at the cabin. If I had a signal I wouldn't need the Meenova.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, can this only be formatted by a computer? (My card came in exFAT and when I plugged it in it said it has to be formatted in FAT32 etc.).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
weird, i searched for it, and it was an auto-complete and popped right up. Maybe it is a carrier thing. I am on Sprint.

It couldn't be a carrier thing then because the phone that can't find it is on Boost Mobile... :confused:

I just downloaded it last week. And they billed me two or three times but I didn't call the bank about that yet. :confused::confused:

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad to know it's still there. :confused::confused::confused:

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance