Greetings

Prior to getting my X, and Jelly Bean, I used a basic Java based LG phone from Tracfone & my only exposure to the Android platform has been via a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 with Gingerbread.

No doubt there are some nice features in Jelly Bean, but there are a number I have found that I really do not like; are a step back even IMHO.

One thing I do not like at all is the Calender. It's ugly stark minimalist design in comparison to the one in my SGP is not only unappealing it is counter intuitive as well. Clicking on a day in the month in GB produces a list below the calender showing the events for that day; not so with the one on my X; I have to open that day and then scroll through the entire day to see what I have for appointments.

If there is a means of changing the design I have not found it in the settings (another thing I dont like in JB is the absence of the menu button - not all apps make it easy to get to their settings)

What, if any, alternatives are you using? Note : I will not be rooting the phone and the calender must sync up with my Google calender.

TIA

K

I dont like the I am not one who really cares what my phone looks like; Moto Maker? doesn't interest me in the slightest; happy with my basic black X. The calender in its stark minimalist layout and color though is about as unappealing and poorly designed as I have seen; it makes the basic no frills calender in the POS LG I got rid off look brilliant.
    11-30-2013 11:08 AM
    If you do a search in the play store for "calendar" you'll find a ton. I haven't really kept up since I like the stock Touchwiz one on my GS3, but Jorte used to be popular. But there are quite a few, and you'd probably be hard-pressed to find one that doesn't sync with Google Calendar.

Perhaps others have alternatives that they could recommend.
    Kerry O likes this.
    11-30-2013 12:01 PM
    Check out Business Calendar Pro or Digical+. Digical+ is on sale right now for $2.50.
    11-30-2013 12:58 PM
    I've been quite pleased with aCalendar+ on my tablet & phone. In conjunction with CalDAV-Sync, it's syncing with my Google calendar and the CalDAV server at work.
    Kerry O likes this.
    11-30-2013 01:22 PM
    I use aCalendar+ also.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    11-30-2013 03:18 PM
    +1 for Jorte. It does the list of events at the bottom when you tap a day. Can assign icons to events. I don't use the widget though--prefer Pure Calendar Widget.
    Kerry O likes this.
    11-30-2013 03:55 PM
    I use Business Calendar Pro for its scrolling task widget and Jorte for the ability to use my own photos as a background on the calendar.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    Kerry O likes this.
    11-30-2013 03:57 PM
    Thank you folks; there are some promising suggestions here.

K
    11-30-2013 04:41 PM
    I'm a fan of Touch Calendar.

Posted via Moto X
    Kerry O likes this.
    11-30-2013 09:18 PM
    today calendar.. syncs with google now, and has a beautiful ui.
    Kerry O likes this.
    11-30-2013 10:10 PM
    I've been using Calengoo (Google Play) for years. It's highly customizable, has widgets and syncs with Google. Perhaps more importantly the developer is very responsive. I'd definitely check it out.

Posted via Android Central App
    Kerry O likes this.
    12-01-2013 04:45 AM