Moto X / best pre paid in N.Y.C.

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

was curious to know what pre paid plan is the most reliable in nyc? I reside in queens. Anyone else in nyc using a prepaid with the moto x. Are you content with the service?
(data, cell recption)

I was considering gophone...

opinions? much appreciated!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I've read some people have trouble with T-Mobile in Astoria but if you're prepaid you can leave and try Gophone. How much data will you need? :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I've read some people have trouble with T-Mobile in Astoria but if you're prepaid you can leave and try Gophone. How much data will you need? :)

as you guys probably know go phone is 60.00 with 2 gigs directly from at&t... additional gig is 10.00.... i usually average 2.5 when working... when freelancing 1.5.... just want good service with the least amount of hassle... I like the fact that with gophone one can walk into any at&t store, and rectify any problem. where as straight talk piggybacks on other networks. If you need to troubleshoot you deal with reps from overseas, whom usually are not well informed....

tired of dropping 129.00 a month on verizon for unlimited

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Gophone is probably the highest tier of ATT prepaid so it should be good in terms of coverage and cs. I know someone in Queens on ATT and they seem OK there.

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
i appreciate the ability to add your credit card on gophone. if you exceed 2 gigs, your account is automatically upped to another gig.. my mileage varies on data month per month. this seems like the best plan for me. verizon on contract has horrible coverage in the 5 boroughs of nyc... If my phone stayed at a constant -75 dbm i would stick with verizon... my average dbm is -100... just not acceptable for what they charge.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i appreciate the ability to add your credit card on gophone. if you exceed 2 gigs, your account is automatically upped to another gig.. my mileage varies on data month per month. this seems like the best plan for me. verizon on contract has horrible coverage in the 5 boroughs of nyc... If my phone stayed at a constant -75 dbm i would stick with verizon... my average dbm is -100... just not acceptable for what they charge.

are you sure if you exceed the 2GB the 1G add is AUTOMATIC? i thought all data stopped at 2GB unless you manually went online and bought the extra 1GB+? does being on auto pay (i am) make a difference? i've never exceeded the 2GB and don't intend to but i'm curious to know.

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
i spoke to a rep, and said i can enroll with a C.C. just in case i go over.. everything automatic... but what do reps know?

lets see what happens when i actually use gophone. the true verdict.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63