09-27-2015 02:39 AM
48 12
tools
    I'm using the natural plant-based cotton pocket in my jeans.

Seriously though, I have the Moto protection plan and I only put my X in my left jeans pocket - nothing else ever goes there.

Of course I hate cases too - hence the protection plan.
    I agree. NO cases or screen protectors here. Kind of ruins the experience to be honest
    ffejjj likes this.
    12-28-2013 08:31 PM
    2nd that Maverick. I have not used a case or screen protector and mine is in perfect condition.
    12-29-2013 01:52 AM
    I use Tech Armor screen protectors on a number of devices and they have worked well.

They go for 6-7 bucks for a pack of 3 and have a lifetime replacement warranty which they stand by. I emailed their support to let then know I botched an install and they sent out a new pack of 3.

They're crystal clear and don't have any noticeable effect on touchscreen responsiveness.

The only negative issues are:
    - Edges/corners lifted away on my S3 due to the curved glass. I haven't seen this yet on my MX.
    - Slight oil slick look when viewed at an angle. This isn't visible when using the phone normally.
    - Not a perfect edge-to-edge fit like I see on my Nexus 7
    12-29-2013 11:22 AM
    How case friendly are the Power Support screen protectors? I'm looking to buy a TPU case when I get my Moto X, but since they normally cover the front a bit more than other cases, I'm concerned that the screen protector and case won't work together well.
    My Power Support Brilliant (clear) screen protector does not cause any problems or vice versa with my TPU S-line case by Cimo.

I agree with Uncle Mike that the Power Support protectors are easy to apply and really feel like the glass surface s much as any I've used for any device.

Sent from my Moto X
    12-29-2013 10:55 PM
    I use bodygaurdz on my htc one

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    12-29-2013 11:25 PM
    i had the power support shock absorbing screen protector. it had issues with tpu cases, loss of sensitivity, and also got really scratched up quickly. since then i've installed the power support brilliant screen protector and have had none of the above mentioned issues.
    12-30-2013 10:26 AM
    i had the power support shock absorbing screen protector. it had issues with tpu cases, loss of sensitivity, and also got really scratched up quickly. since then i've installed the power support brilliant screen protector and have had none of the above mentioned issues.
    I also have the power support brilliant screen protector and they're great. Super smooth, you don't notice that they're on at all.

I emailed power support to ask about the different between the brilliant and the shock absorbing. They stated that the shock absorbing have a gel layer which makes them thicker and softer feeling. In addition, they also admitted that the touch sensitivity around the edges isn't as good as the regular brilliant. I guess that's the trade off for having a screen protector with the shock absorbing protection.
    12-30-2013 11:21 AM
    I use Ghost Armor matte. This is by far the best screen protector i have ever had. This thing has no glare at all and is warranted for life.

https://www.ghost-armor.com/product/...otorola-moto-x
    12-30-2013 11:34 AM
    I use Ghost Armor matte. This is by far the best screen protector i have ever had. This thing has no glare at all and is warranted for life.

https://www.ghost-armor.com/product/...otorola-moto-x
    Ghost Armor is probably the best I've ever tried. I don't have one now, though, because there's no installation kiosk near me and I don't want to install it myself.
    12-30-2013 11:42 AM
    Ghost Armor is probably the best I've ever tried. I don't have one now, though, because there's no installation kiosk near me and I don't want to install it myself.
    I had mine installed on my razr-m, but since it is a 2 hour drive to the nearest kiosk i decided to do it myself. it turned out perfect. it is very easy to install and being a wet application it is easy to position. of course that's my $.02 worth.
    12-30-2013 02:11 PM
    Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Motorola Moto X Phone Screen Protector Shield Ultra Clear + Lifetime Replacements: Electronics

I'm thinking about ordering it, but I want to be sure it's a good brand.
    12-30-2013 06:01 PM
    I've never used screen protectors before and have never had a problem. I noticed yesterday that my screen is scratched. I've never dropped it. It goes from my pocket to a table to my dashboard mount.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    01-01-2014 10:08 AM
    I've never used screen protectors before and have never had a problem. I noticed yesterday that my screen is scratched. I've never dropped it. It goes from my pocket to a table to my dashboard mount.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    I never use them either. People who say their phones never scratch without one aren't looking close enough. All my phones have tiny scratches.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-01-2014 10:26 AM
    I refuse to use a screen protector. I hate how most of them feel and with how scratch resistant the glass cell manufacturers use is now, they really aren't needed. The worst you're going to get is hairline scratches that you can't even see if the screen is on.
    01-01-2014 10:50 AM
    I have been using this since I started using my Moto X. No problems. I prefer cleaning my fingerprints and not worrying about scratches off protection. I can always remove the screen protector. Uses wet application.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-01-2014 07:33 PM
    I refuse to use a screen protector. I hate how most of them feel and with how scratch resistant the glass cell manufacturers use is now, they really aren't needed. The worst you're going to get is hairline scratches that you can't even see if the screen is on.
    Actually mine are not subtle scratches and you CAN see them with the screen on.
    01-03-2014 01:00 PM
    None here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    01-03-2014 01:03 PM
    I'm in the fortunate position of not having shelled out any money for a case or a screen protector while having a Moto E XT1022 that is less than a week old . For those of you with the benefit of hindsight after having gone through multiple protector brands from multiple manufacturers, would it be worth it to get both a tempered glass protector and put the Power Support MMTE-02 Non-Glare over it? I'm thinking the original screen would be protected from cuts, general wear, and impacts by the secondary tempered glass surface (which wouldn't work as well as the Shock Absorbing model, but at least the secondary glass would break instead of the original screen; for me, there's not much point in protecting the original screen if you can't use the touch surface effectively). The film would protect the secondary glass from the brunt of impacts, like the video demonstration on Power Support's site shows (albeit less so than the Shock Absorbing Model).
    Here's a big comparison list between cases and screen protectors (just for the Moto E; I'm probably going to upgrade to a Moto X when Republic Wireless gets their act together to support the newer hardware).
    I have a spreadsheet linked on my Google Plus profile (which goes by the different name of "Joey Buddy") where you can see a list with about 35 different entries for case and screen protector comparisons. I can't link it because of my raw newbness in these forums, but it might be handy for others looking for cases on the sturdier end of the shopping spectrum.
    I'm thinking a i-Blason Prime for the case (the XT1021 and XT1022 don't have any exterior case differences from what I can tell), a Fatax 0.2mm Ultra-thin 9H Glass Screen Protector, and then a Power Support Non-Glare film layered on that (which, weirdly enough, is the most expensive accessory out of the three items). So what do you think, overkill, not enough, wrong direction?
    10-21-2014 09:34 PM
    no hd from zagg?? for the moto x pure? Sweet, I didn't know they made one yet. Can't find it on their website??
    09-23-2015 04:56 PM
    Naked!

Posted via my Nexus 7
    09-23-2015 10:14 PM
    I bought the i-BLASON tempered glass protector from Amazon.
    I arrived a day late.
    I have 3 cracks within 2 weeks. Touch sensitivity is hit or miss.

I emailed them last week and sent them pictures on Monday and I'm still waiting for resolution of my problem.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    09-24-2015 08:02 PM
    I have the OEM one from Motorola.
    Man, I wish I could get another pack of those.
    09-25-2015 10:22 AM
    I've got the Power Support brand screen protector that Motorola once carried on their website. I believe that they can be found on Amazon.

They're great because installation is a breeze (they are thick enough to make them easy to apply and easy to squeegee out any small air bubbles.) And IMO the surface feels pretty close to the original glass surface.
    09-27-2015 02:39 AM
48 12