12-02-2013 07:10 PM
81 1234
tools
    Twitter says watch for updates and for when our Cyber Monday deal starts......So I am stuck doing this all day?
    Aquila likes this.
    12-02-2013 09:57 AM
    Twitter says watch for updates and for when our Cyber Monday deal starts......So I am stuck doing this all day?
    aka they don't know how to fix their website.
    12-02-2013 09:58 AM
    just posted on twitter

Motorola Mobility ‏@Motorola 2m
    Our website is down due to traffic & we're working quickly to restore it. Watch here for updates & for when our Cyber Monday deal starts.
    Aquila likes this.
    12-02-2013 09:58 AM
    just posted on twitter

Our website is down due to traffic & we're working quickly to restore it. Watch here for updates & for when our Cyber Monday deal starts.
    That is a really bad sign =/
    12-02-2013 09:59 AM
    rep on twitter told me sale hasnt started yet
    12-02-2013 10:00 AM
    just posted on twitter

Bunch of garbage. They said sale started at 8am several days ago. I planned my day to day accordingly and now the sale time is "who knows when". Plus their site is working - just slowly, however the price is not reflecting the discount.
    slcmomof3 likes this.
    12-02-2013 10:01 AM
    Bunch of garbage. They said sale started at 8am several days ago. I planned my day to day accordingly and now the sale time is "who knows when". Plus their site is working - just slowly, however the price is not reflecting the discount.
    I wonder if anyone is brave enough to make the purchase at the full price and work out the discount/correct price later. I think I'll wait! lol.
    12-02-2013 10:04 AM
    I wonder if anyone is brave enough to make the purchase at the full price and work out the discount/correct price later. I think I'll wait! lol.
    I considered it, but at this point not worth the hassle. I'm happy with my Nexus 5, but wanted to try out the Moto X to see if it's as good as I've read. I will check back throughout the day and if I happen to catch the sale price great, but not going to wait around for it.
    Aquila and 21stNow like this.
    12-02-2013 10:09 AM
    That is a really bad sign =/
    [Profanity removed by Moderator] .....maybe I don't want this phone after all...
    12-02-2013 10:11 AM
    Too bad for Moto. Was looking forward to buying the phone. Worse though is that it's been over 10 days and still waiting on the Moto credit card.
    12-02-2013 10:12 AM
    Ladies and gentlemen, I definitely understand a certain frustration with events thus far, but we will be adhering to forum rules despite the delays. Thanks in advance.
    12-02-2013 10:16 AM
    Getting to checkout. Still shows $549. Is there a code or anything special I need to do?
    Someone purchased it at this price. They called Moto and they will not give them the refund of 150, but will give them 150 dollars credit toward the Motorola site. Failed. Lol

Posted via Android Central App
    12-02-2013 10:37 AM
    Now, it's not even available on their site...just says email design or play with moto maker...
    12-02-2013 10:51 AM
    I would cancel the order then.
    12-02-2013 10:52 AM
    They are blaming the site for being down due to traffic...lol.
    12-02-2013 10:54 AM
    New Message:

- - - Updated - - -

They are blaming the site for being down due to traffic...lol.
    Isn't that the issue? Or was there something released indicating that something else is going on?
    Attached Thumbnails Cyber Monday Order Process-wbrb.png  
    12-02-2013 10:57 AM
    The site isn't down because I was able to order a case for the moto x and a Chromecast while I was there just wanted to try out the Motorola account to be certain I can use it to purchase the moto x when it comes back.
    12-02-2013 10:59 AM
    New Message:

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't that the issue? Or was there something released indicating that something else is going on?
    No, nothing else was release that I am aware of. I just don't buy it. I am sure it is hampering them from fixing things quickly, but the fact that the site was up after 8am CST (for more than an hour?) with the wrong pricing was not due to traffic.

PS: Sorry about the implied profanity in my previous post.
    12-02-2013 11:06 AM
    No, nothing else was release that I am aware of. I just don't buy it. I am sure it is hampering them from fixing things quickly, but the fact that the site was up after 8am CST (for more than an hour?) with the wrong pricing was not due to traffic.

Correct, someone simply forgot to change the price in their database.
    12-02-2013 11:09 AM

seriously. I thought the nexus 4 launch was bad a few years ago. This is easily the worst launch I have been a part of....2 hours later and nothing. It is just a price change...how hard is that! They should have outsourced this job to amazon.
    12-02-2013 11:09 AM

PS: Sorry about the implied profanity in my last post.
    I am pretty sure that you're correct that more went wrong than just the traffic, but I also suspect there were quite a bit more clicks and refreshes than they were anticipating... which is so weird. It's like they thought no one knew about it. At this point Google (and thus Moto) needs to realize that a lot of people are interested in these devices.

PS: No worries mate, I get that it's frustrating. I'm trying to buy one my wife built a week or two ago
    12-02-2013 11:10 AM
    Holy cramps it's live live I just got my DroidX for $49.99 what a deal.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    12-02-2013 11:22 AM
    The text from the latest tweet from Motorola:

"We’re currently restoring online services. Some may have site-access, but Cyber Monday deal prices won’t begin until all systems are a go."
    thevacantsoul likes this.
    12-02-2013 11:32 AM
    I was on the site yesterday morning and they were having issues then also. You could view and design the moto x but it was not available for purchase. Sometime late morning it seemed to be back up.
    12-02-2013 11:39 AM
    The text from the latest tweet from Motorola:

"We’re currently restoring online services. Some may have site-access, but Cyber Monday deal prices won’t begin until all systems are a go."
    I just don't know why this is so hard for Motorola/Google...Apple sucks at cloud/web services and have to sell millions more and they can handle this better
    12-02-2013 11:43 AM
81 1234