12-15-2013 03:11 AM
291 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Northeast PA here as well. Not even a shipping notice yet. Ordered Wednesday afternoon.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk
    Well, got my shipping notice. It shipped at 9pm est last night and is scheduled to arrive by 8pm tonight! Less than a day from Texas to northeast PA. It's in Indianapolis right now. We'll see if it gets here.

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app
    12-10-2013 04:59 AM
    Ordered a Moto X through moto maker on Thursday. Expected delivery was suppose to be the 10th but it looks like it has been delayed. I checked my order status and it says it has not been shipped. Signed up for fedex delivery manager and they don't have it either. The only e-mail I received from moto said that they were building it, nothing about the shipment being delayed so i tried calling but was put on hold and had to end the call and before that tried doing a web chat which made me wait for 5 minutes then disconnected me for some reason . If I don't hear anything from them soon, I will try and contact them again.
    12-10-2013 07:04 AM
    I ordered my Dev GSM edition Monday at Noon and I received the tracking notice this morning. It's just been billed though, and hasn't shipped. FedEx says it will arrive tomorrow night but I'm not holding my breath for that; likely Friday by this point.
    12-10-2013 08:24 AM
    Ordered Wednesday - nothing beyond the delay warning received.

DE CDMA- thought those were only available in black and orange or not eligible for the discount.

ETA: black with woven white back. Ugh.
    12-10-2013 08:45 AM
    DE CDMA- thought those were only available in black and orange or not eligible for the discount.

ETA: black with woven white back. Ugh.
    The CDMA DE were available during the true Cyber Monday 12/2 sale. The sale price didn't go live until about 20 minutes to noon EST, when it was supposed to start at 9am EST. They sold out within an hour. To get one, you basically had to keep hitting refresh for almost 3 hours. Some people went ahead and placed their orders at the full price and Moto is honoring the discount for them.

And yeah, the color choice sucks. I wonder how hard it would be to replace the back yourself?
    12-10-2013 08:59 AM
    Ordered Wednesday and phone shipped out Monday 12/09. Delivered today 12/10 to Colorado which is the original estimate date. That's overnight shipping and that's awesome!!

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    jephanie likes this.
    12-10-2013 09:00 AM
    The CDMA DE were available during the true Cyber Monday 12/2 sale. The sale price didn't go live until about 20 minutes to noon EST, when it was supposed to start at 9am EST. They sold out within an hour. To get one, you basically had to keep hitting refresh for almost 3 hours. Some people went ahead and placed their orders at the full price and Moto is honoring the discount for them.

And yeah, the color choice sucks. I wonder how hard it would be to replace the back yourself?
    Hmm, the more I think about it, the more I seem to recall reading somewhere the discount didn't apply to that edition - not contradicting you, just saying maybe I had bad info. It would have been worth ordering another back.

Guess I'll find out how difficult unlocking and rooting this phone is. Wug made it easy enough on the GNex...
    12-10-2013 09:30 AM
    Hmm, the more I think about it, the more I seem to recall reading somewhere the discount didn't apply to that edition - not contradicting you, just saying maybe I had bad info. It would have been worth ordering another back.
    You had bad info. I ordered one and it will arrive tomorrow. There is a thread about this

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...v-ed-ship.html

Guess I'll find out how difficult unlocking and rooting this phone is. Wug made it easy enough on the GNex...
    The GNex being a Nexus was built to be unlocked and rooted. I am not sure you can unlock the bootloader on the CDMA Moto X unless you get the DE. I would check into it before buying if that is your intent. I am sure you can buy gently used Verizon Moto X DEs on swappa.
    12-10-2013 09:42 AM
    Too late - already have a 32gb in process from last week. I've been so busy lately I had to rely on a friend's recommendation. Damn. I can live without custom ROMs but not an ad blocker.
    12-10-2013 09:56 AM
    Too late - already have a 32gb in process from last week. I've been so busy lately I had to rely on a friend's recommendation. Damn. I can live without custom ROMs but not an ad blocker.
    Check over at XDA to see if someone has figured out a way to unlock the Verizon non-DE Moto X's. If it can be done, they would know over there.
    12-10-2013 10:28 AM
    Ordered on the 4th, estimated delivery has always said 12/10. Still says not shipped. I called - wow that was a useless experience. 35 minutes on hold to learn absolutely nothing.

So - no idea when I will get it.
    12-10-2013 01:12 PM
    Well it's been picked up by a FedEx truck in Texas. Estimated delivery on Thursday.
    12-10-2013 02:43 PM

Fairly straight forward. Ifixit has instructions and backs are available through 3rd parties for around $30. The buttons and camera bezel are under $10.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-10-2013 03:42 PM
    Ordered on the 4th, estimated delivery has always said 12/10. Still says not shipped. I called - wow that was a useless experience. 35 minutes on hold to learn absolutely nothing.

So - no idea when I will get it.
    I'm in the exact same position - except I didn't bother to make a phone call.

I ordered my phone on the fourth and received an email from Motorola about potential storm delays and have received no communication since then. When I check the Order Status on Motorola's site it indicates the phone has not been shipped.

The phone I currently have works fine so the delay is not a big deal - I just wanted to add this post so you'd know you're not alone and there are other people who are waiting without any communication from Motorola.
    12-10-2013 03:54 PM
    Mine was just delivered today.
    jephanie likes this.
    12-10-2013 03:56 PM
    Same story here. Ordered Wed, status Not Shipped.
    12-10-2013 04:53 PM
    In the same boat without much information.

My order was placed last Thursday (12/5) for a 32 GB MotoMaker version with an estimated arrival of today (12/10).
    I got the "we're building it" email, but nothing since, so I just chatted with their support team just now and they were unable to give an estimated time that it will ship or will arrive.
    Suppose they might be pretty backed up with a combination of the weather and a surge of orders from the promotion, but was kind of surprised that they were unable (or unwilling) to even give an estimated window of a delivery date.
    12-10-2013 05:08 PM
    I was supposed to receive mine on Friday but because the storm I finally got it today.
    12-10-2013 05:14 PM
    Ordered mine on the 5th. I got the email saying its being built. then I got the one talking about the storm delay. I was suppose to get it today. but since I didn't receive any info at all I knew better to expect it. I contacted them through chat support to just get an idea where my phone stands (since my plan has already been activated through Motorola. Don't want to be paying for a plan when I don't even have a phone). the Chat person said my phone was done being built and just waiting for the Fed ex to pick up the orders, but they haven't due to the road conditions still. Said it will be out on the next Fedex delivery.. we will see -.-
    12-10-2013 05:43 PM
    I just got home, and mine is charging right now. To activate it, can I just move the SIM card from my current Moto X to the new Moto X?
    12-10-2013 05:55 PM
    Like others I was supposed to get it today but didn't. I chatted with customer service and the guy said it was ready to be release but nothing yet...
    12-10-2013 06:02 PM
    I just got home, and mine is charging right now. To activate it, can I just move the SIM card from my current Moto X to the new Moto X?
    Yes.
    jephanie and ultravisitor like this.
    12-10-2013 06:15 PM
    Mine shipped yesterday. Moto actually shipped it overnight instead of the normal two day shipping but it got stuck in Dallas with the weather issues that FedEx was dealing with. So tomorrow instead of tonight. Can't blame Moto for that; they made an effort to rock the house and I appreciate that.
    12-10-2013 07:28 PM
    Mine shipped yesterday. Moto actually shipped it overnight instead of the normal two day shipping but it got stuck in Dallas with the weather issues that FedEx was dealing with. So tomorrow instead of tonight. Can't blame Moto for that; they made an effort to rock the house and I appreciate that.
    Same here, mine actually made it to the FedEx facility that is only 45 mins away from my house, at 8am this morning. Estimated delivery was for 8pm this evening. That has come and gone. Not sure what went wrong.

12-10-2013 08:24 PM
    Same here, mine actually made it to the FedEx facility that is only 45 mins away from my house, at 8am this morning. Estimated delivery was for 8pm this evening. That has come and gone. Not sure what went wrong.

If they didn't scan the batch of packages (they aren't scanned individually but as part of a macro list) until 8am, that means the feeder (tractor trailer) didn't arrive until after the local delivery sort was completed and the delivery vehicles had left the hub. But at least you know you'll get it tomorrow no questions asked.
    alphabets likes this.
    12-10-2013 08:27 PM
291 ... 45678 ...