Has your MOTO X Cyber Monday Purchase Shipped Yet?

mg212

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
In the same boat without much information.

My order was placed last Thursday (12/5) for a 32 GB MotoMaker version with an estimated arrival of today (12/10).
I got the "we're building it" email, but nothing since, so I just chatted with their support team just now and they were unable to give an estimated time that it will ship or will arrive.
Suppose they might be pretty backed up with a combination of the weather and a surge of orders from the promotion, but was kind of surprised that they were unable (or unwilling) to even give an estimated window of a delivery date.

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine on the 5th. I got the email saying its being built. then I got the one talking about the storm delay. I was suppose to get it today. but since I didn't receive any info at all I knew better to expect it. I contacted them through chat support to just get an idea where my phone stands (since my plan has already been activated through Motorola. Don't want to be paying for a plan when I don't even have a phone). the Chat person said my phone was done being built and just waiting for the Fed ex to pick up the orders, but they haven't due to the road conditions still. Said it will be out on the next Fedex delivery.. we will see -.-

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I just got home, and mine is charging right now. To activate it, can I just move the SIM card from my current Moto X to the new Moto X?

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Like others I was supposed to get it today but didn't. I chatted with customer service and the guy said it was ready to be release but nothing yet...

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine shipped yesterday. Moto actually shipped it overnight instead of the normal two day shipping but it got stuck in Dallas with the weather issues that FedEx was dealing with. So tomorrow instead of tonight. Can't blame Moto for that; they made an effort to rock the house and I appreciate that.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Mine shipped yesterday. Moto actually shipped it overnight instead of the normal two day shipping but it got stuck in Dallas with the weather issues that FedEx was dealing with. So tomorrow instead of tonight. Can't blame Moto for that; they made an effort to rock the house and I appreciate that.

Same here, mine actually made it to the FedEx facility that is only 45 mins away from my house, at 8am this morning. Estimated delivery was for 8pm this evening. That has come and gone. Not sure what went wrong.

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Same here, mine actually made it to the FedEx facility that is only 45 mins away from my house, at 8am this morning. Estimated delivery was for 8pm this evening. That has come and gone. Not sure what went wrong.

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app

If they didn't scan the batch of packages (they aren't scanned individually but as part of a macro list) until 8am, that means the feeder (tractor trailer) didn't arrive until after the local delivery sort was completed and the delivery vehicles had left the hub. But at least you know you'll get it tomorrow no questions asked.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
My Moto X just left Fort Worth a couple of hours ago? What is the chance it will make it to me in the southeastern US by tomorrow? Will it get on the truck for delivery tomorrow?

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I just had an online chat with Moto's customer service. I was told that my order was processed and ready to ship. They were awaiting a FedEx tracking number. Then the rep said this. I copied and pasted because it seemed odd.

"The order was processed on dec. 09. The 2 day shipping takes 4-5 business days."

Not sure what this meant.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
My Moto X just left Fort Worth a couple of hours ago? What is the chance it will make it to me in the southeastern US by tomorrow? Will it get on the truck for delivery tomorrow?

The FedEx site should tell you if it is an overnight or two day shipping package. If it is overnight and left Ft. Worth a few hours ago, you'll have it tomorrow.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
The FedEx site should tell you if it is an overnight or two day shipping package. If it is overnight and left Ft. Worth a few hours ago, you'll have it tomorrow.

It's 2 day and it left FW now about 4 hours ago and is supposed to be delivered to me by 8pm tomorrow. So I assume, it won't be here until Thursday then?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

Mine shipped yesterday, overnight, and I did not receive it today. It's at my local facility. I will have it tomorrow. So much for overnight. Estimated date was today as well.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

SuperManFan

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Misery loves company.

I'm in the exact same position - except I didn't bother to make a phone call.

I ordered my phone on the fourth and received an email from Motorola about potential storm delays and have received no communication since then. When I check the Order Status on Motorola's site it indicates the phone has not been shipped.

The phone I currently have works fine so the delay is not a big deal - I just wanted to add this post so you'd know you're not alone and there are other people who are waiting without any communication from Motorola.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
It's 2 day and it left FW now about 4 hours ago and is supposed to be delivered to me by 8pm tomorrow. So I assume, it won't be here until Thursday then?

What was the actual pickup date? Does the FedEx site show any exceptions? If it was picked up today, then expect it on Thursday. It it was picked up on Monday and left FW 4 hours ago, you should receive it tomorrow. It should pass through Memphis tonight if that is the case.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine shipped yesterday, overnight, and I did not receive it today. It's at my local facility. I will have it tomorrow. So much for overnight. Estimated date was today as well.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

Check the FedEx tracking site and look for an exception saying "Delay beyond our control" (most likely in Dallas). If you see that, then that explains the delay on FedEx's part due to the weather they are coping with.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine never said it was delayed and even though I was told by FedEx it would go to Memphis from Fort Worth mine never did go to Memphis. It went straight from Fort Worth to Chicago last night. FedEx seems very inconsistent with their tracking and statuses on shipments. I don't ship or have enough stuff shipped to know if this is normal or just because the holidays and winter storm delays have caused problems for them in keeping track of their packages and scans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude