Rubbery Feel?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So I went to the Verizon store otw to work to check out the few colors they did have on display. It seemed like the black version and I think the royal blue version had rubbery backs while the others they had were more of a plastic feel. Does anyone know which ones have rubber vs which has the plastic feel? I like the rubbery feel more and it might play a part on which way I customize.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So I went to the Verizon store otw to work to check out the few colors they did have on display. It seemed like the black version and I think the royal blue version had rubbery backs while the others they had were more of a plastic feel. Does anyone know which ones have rubber vs which has the plastic feel? I like the rubbery feel more and it might play a part on which way I customize.

The rubbery feel is the "woven" backs. They feel amazing in hand. I believe the woven is only available in white and black, but I may be wrong.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I had posted a list some time ago about which backs were soft touch and which backs were smooth. I think the rule of thumb is the darker colors are soft touch and the lighter colors are smooth.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Found this from one of my previous posts

The soft touch colors are
Navy
Olive
Royal Blue
Woven Black
Black
Crimson
Cabernet

Kamron Erani

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
when you are ordering as well and are choosing he colors it gives a description of the backing. The darker ones will say something like "Rich matte non-slip soft touch finish" while the lighter ones will say "smooth"

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
One thing I noticed with the soft touch is that it will actually get sorta dull scratches in it . I had the Olive color and it would mark if youre fingernail or keys hit it. You can rub some of the scratches out but some i would imagine would be permanent. Id compare it to the exact texture of soft touch cases. They get screwed up sooner or later

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The rubbery feel is the "woven" backs. They feel amazing in hand. I believe the woven is only available in white and black, but I may be wrong.

Yea they had the woven black on a display and right next to it was the turquoise with yellow accents. I was trying to think of the last time I just had a plain plastic back and I guess it was the S3 over a year ago. My L9 was a rubber feel and sooooo nice to touch and so is the N5 and the N4 with it's glass back.

That woven sure was nice, but I want something a bit more wild since I've had black and white phones forever.

Found this from one of my previous posts

The soft touch colors are
Navy
Olive
Royal Blue
Woven Black
Black
Crimson
Cabernet

Thx much for the list. I'm thinking I might order one of the more wild colors like turquoise , green, or yellow and if I hate can't stand then feel then exchange it for one of the softer backs. Tough call though, Wish they had more on display around me.

Thanks again for all the replies, very helpful!

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yea they had the woven black on a display and right next to it was the turquoise with yellow accents. I was trying to think of the last time I just had a plain plastic back and I guess it was the S3 over a year ago. My L9 was a rubber feel and sooooo nice to touch and so is the N5 and the N4 with it's glass back.

That woven sure was nice, but I want something a bit more wild since I've had black and white phones forever.

Thx much for the list. I'm thinking I might order one of the more wild colors like turquoise , green, or yellow and if I hate can't stand then feel then exchange it for one of the softer backs. Tough call though, Wish they had more on display around me.

Thanks again for all the replies, very helpful!

I think the only downside to custom phones is the resell value. That makes updating phones every 6 or so months possible for me, and I know a custom phone would make that tough.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think the only downside to custom phones is the resell value. That makes updating phones every 6 or so months possible for me, and I know a custom phone would make that tough.

Yea....could be a problem. But $350 minus the $100 or so I'll get from turning in a phone, Even if I sell it for $100 when I'm done with it then I don't think I'll be too sad. Always wanted a unique like phone and this is it. It will possibly last me until the X2 shows up. Then again Samsung could shock me and make a phone I want to buy. Who knows.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

If you have a Best Buy near you check them out as well. Others have stated that some Best Buys display the colors.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yea....could be a problem. But $350 minus the $100 or so I'll get from turning in a phone, Even if I sell it for $100 when I'm done with it then I don't think I'll be too sad. Always wanted a unique like phone and this is it. It will possibly last me until the X2 shows up. Then again Samsung could shock me and make a phone I want to buy. Who knows.

That makes sense for people who got the deal. I was thinking more for the people who paid $550+ and got a custom phone.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
One thing I noticed with the soft touch is that it will actually get sorta dull scratches in it . I had the Olive color and it would mark if youre fingernail or keys hit it. You can rub some of the scratches out but some i would imagine would be permanent. Id compare it to the exact texture of soft touch cases. They get screwed up sooner or later

I noticed that with the solid color soft touch display models, but the woven black seems like it would hide these better. Also, is it just me or does the woven black feel a touch silkier than the other soft touch colors?

Posted via Android Central App

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that with the solid color soft touch display models, but the woven black seems like it would hide these better. Also, is it just me or does the woven black feel a touch silkier than the other soft touch colors?

Posted via Android Central App

I agree on both counts. Actually I thought I was crazy or something because everyone keeps saying the woven was "soft touch" but I remembered it feeling not so soft every time I went the the store. Then when I took my Olive green to the store right beside the black woven, the woven one was clearly more dense to the touch or more silky as you say. I actually think the woven would hold up the best. I returned mine and am waiting for the wooden backs but if they dont show by Christmas as expected im going with the woven hands down. Maybe some nice accents where it wouldnt effect resale like other colors.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Depends on your custom. I played it pretty safe. Black front, Navy back, Black buttons. Pretty much nobody is going to have their sensibilities offended by that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX