06-04-2014 11:17 PM
397 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Yoo! I got my Bear Motion Quicksand case in Black two days ahead of schedule. My first snap car for my Moto X and it feels good in hand. I threw on another one of my 3 pack of screen protectors. Now my Moto X looks and feels good. I'll post pics before the nights over.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-25-2014 05:04 PM
    What about this?
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EUPNO6I/...cUvbUpU3415989

P.S. It's in my wishlist now. Going to order one day >_>.
    Also glad you love this thread made it so people who have a Moto X can see the best cases real owners have. I own a Poetic Flipbook, Griffin Reveal Case black, Black FlipCase from eBay and a generic hybrid case bought at the mall. All in all though you can't really go wrong with whatever you find. I have my eyes on an otterbox because I have been especially clumsy lately.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    I love this case! Not too big, just enough grip. It could be a tad more grippy, but for the price I won't complain!

01-25-2014 06:46 PM
    I've been using this: Supcase from Amazon, picked it up for $15 shipped. It's really slim, doesn't add much bulk. The tradeoff is that while it definitely helps protect from scuffs and scratches, since it's hard plastic, it doesn't look like it would cushion the phone from a long fall very well. So far, has been working out well. I got the yellow/gray version and it looks great.

Best Moto X Cases-img_20140124_194939.jpg
    Best Moto X Cases-img_20140124_194916.jpg
    dmark44 likes this.
    01-28-2014 12:05 PM
    Every manufacturer designs their devices that way. Combined with the fragility of most devices, it demonstrates a lack of understanding how devices are used, and the hazards they face, in the real world. I know that most people don't need the durability of an Otterbox Defender, Seidio Dilex, Ballistic SG Maxx or Trident Kraken, but SOME durability in a device would be appreciated, as well as design considerations for cases. Edge-to-edge displays don't get along well with cases that necessarily wrap around the front of a device, so something built into a device (like a slot on a device for a tab on a case) that would allow a case to stay on the device without having to interfere with accessing the edge of the touchscreen would also be appreciated.
    Previous to my Moto X, I had a Droid Bionic and a GS4, and I didn't feel like those were meant to be used without a case as much as the Moto X (I actually liked how the GS4 felt with a case better than without one). I do think that manufacturers focusing on ways to make devices more durable will be something we start seeing a lot of in 2014.
    01-28-2014 12:13 PM
    I got the Anker case on Amazon for like $6. I love it for the slimness and the texture. It's very grippy. I do wish there was a cut out for the dimple though.

Can you please provide a link?

-Rich

Attachment 98822
    Attachment 98823
    01-28-2014 02:51 PM
    It looks to be out of stock at the moment but this is very similar.

Bear Motion (TM) Premium Slim Back Cover Case for Google Motorola Moto X - Sand (Black) by BEAR MOTION http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EE26TMI/...cUvbUpU3421645
    01-28-2014 02:59 PM
    I suggest blocking off the next couple of hours of your life and heading here: Moto X Randomizer

I've been staring at random Moto X setups for an hour now....
    EleventhHour2139 likes this.
    01-28-2014 04:51 PM
    I suggest blocking off the next couple of hours of your life and heading here: Moto X Randomizer

I've been staring at random Moto X setups for an hour now....
    How does this relate to cases?

skippy126 likes this.
    01-28-2014 05:41 PM
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...84.m1423.l2649

This seems like a good one I think

01-29-2014 01:01 PM
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...84.m1423.l2649

This seems like a good one I think

It says its for the Droid Maxx.

01-29-2014 01:51 PM
    It says its for the Droid Maxx.

Your right. Better get that off my watch list

01-29-2014 03:12 PM
    I believe it's likely that there's sufficient space within the Sena case for Lumia 920 to accommodate the Moto X with a thin polyurethane cover like the Cimo. Of course, if you get the Sena case and it doesn't fit to your satisfaction, you can return it; but I think it's worth a try if you like the thin leather case.
    Do you think the Moto X would fit in the Sena case with a bumper around it like this:

Best Moto X Cases-walnut-moto-x-bumper.jpg
    01-30-2014 10:00 PM
    Just bought this morning a clear/black Supcase for my ebony Moto X. Will see how that looks, may also buy a few more clear cases to compare.
    01-31-2014 07:19 AM
    Just bought this morning a clear/black Supcase for my ebony Moto X. Will see how that looks, may also buy a few more clear cases to compare.
    I almost went with the "clear" option as well, until I noticed that all the reviews mentioned it is actually frosted/pretty opaque. After seeing my friend's case in real life, I still think it looks good, but it definitely isn't clear.
    01-31-2014 05:03 PM
    Here's my rocketfish tpu case.
    Best Moto X Cases-image.jpg

The one below in the attached thumbnails box is a custom case. Here's the back of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Best Moto X Cases-image.jpg  
    Fdmstng99 and dmark44 like this.
    01-31-2014 06:35 PM
    Do you think the Moto X would fit in the Sena case with a bumper around it like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walnut Moto X with Bumper.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	234.0 KB 
ID:	102841
    Assuming based on the eyeball test that the bumper adds less than one-fourth of an inch to the total width of the device, I think it should fit.
    01-31-2014 08:29 PM
    Assuming based on the eyeball test that the bumper adds less than one-fourth of an inch to the total width of the device, I think it should fit.
    great, off to order!
    01-31-2014 09:10 PM
    Question: what holster would anyone recommend. I'm in a wheelchair so putting the phone in my pocket isn't practible

02-01-2014 04:26 PM
    Question: what holster would anyone recommend. I'm in a wheelchair so putting the phone in my pocket isn't practible

I haven't seen holsters mentioned really. The Otterbox Defender usually comes with one. I'm sure Amazon will have a few options.

Edit: There's a few listed on Amazon. If it were me, I'd stick to Seidio or Otterbox for a holster and case since you'll want something reliable. Unless someone comes in here and can give you a first hand account of some other cheaper options like i-blason, etc.

I know the Seidio holster and case for the HTC Incredible were well reviewed back when I had that phone.

Sent from my Moto X
    02-01-2014 05:13 PM
    The Puregear soft touch shell/holster available on Amazon for $16:

Amazon.com: Puregear 60326PG Shell with Kickstand and Holster Combo for Moto X - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black (60326PG): Computers & Accessories

I don't have a Seidio for my Moto X but I had one for my GNex and I really like the Seidio Surface/holster combo, too if you want a color. It comes in blue, red and purple and has a great feel to it. They have black, too and the case comes with and without a kickstand. Here is a link to the blue surface with a kickstand:

Amazon.com: Seidio BD2-HR3MTXPK-RB SURFACE Case with Metal Kickstand and Holster Combo for use with Motorola Moto X - Combo Pack - Retail Packaging - Royal Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories

The only negative complaint I have about the Seidio is the clip on the top of the holster broke on both of mine eventually. The little metal springs just snapped from use. If you don't want to put a case on yours, you could get a backless bumper and that should work with the Seidio surface holster, which you can buy separate from the surface case.

Amazon.com: Slick Shell TPU Black and Black Hybrid Plastic Backless Bumper Case for Motorola Moto X: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Seidio Surface Holster for Motorola Moto X - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    02-01-2014 05:36 PM
    Edit: There's a few listed on Amazon. If it were me, I'd stick to Seidio or Otterbox for a holster and case since you'll want something reliable. Unless someone comes in here and can give you a first hand account of some other cheaper options like i-blason, etc.
    Never tried Otterbox, but I can recommend both the Seidio surface/holster and Puregear shell/holster from first hand use, with the caveat about the Seidio clip eventually breaking. The Puregear is my favorite but it only comes in black.
    02-01-2014 05:40 PM
    Never tried Otterbox, but I can recommend both the Seidio surface/holster and Puregear shell/holster from first hand use, with the caveat about the Seidio clip eventually breaking. The Puregear is my favorite but it only comes in black.
    Thanks!

02-01-2014 06:03 PM
    I haven't seen holsters mentioned really. The Otterbox Defender usually comes with one. I'm sure Amazon will have a few options.

I know the Seidio holster and case for the HTC Incredible were well reviewed back when I had that phone.

Sent from my Moto X
    I'd go with the Seidio case and holster combo. I have it and the Otterbox Defender and though it's easier to insert and remove it seems more secure and less apt to come out on its own.

dmark44 likes this.
    02-01-2014 08:28 PM
    I almost went with the "clear" option as well, until I noticed that all the reviews mentioned it is actually frosted/pretty opaque. After seeing my friend's case in real life, I still think it looks good, but it definitely isn't clear.
    I've seen some cases that look frosted but I still want the ebony wood to be seen. As for the clear back on the Supcase it looks pretty clear with maybe a light tint over it.
    02-01-2014 09:37 PM
    Have a white Incipio Dual Pro. Do not buy one. It has a soft touch finish that absorbs every spec of oil and dirt.

Ordered a Trident Aegis in red. Will post back when I get it tuesday.

02-02-2014 10:34 AM
397 ... 910111213 ...